Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K15

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

WWE 2K15 is the first game in the franchise to appear on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

I am OFFICIALLY worried about WWE 2K15 (PS4/XBOX 1)

• 84 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@kirillorlov said:

Alright! My wife has picked up the game for me on PS4. Since I won't have any friends playing the game can I have some duder's PSN IDs to add to my friends list? I'm Carill on PSN.

I want to populate the "roster" with friends and such.

Yesiamaduck

I'm going to pick up Thursday :)

PSN peeps planning on getting the game please add me ( I tried adding you Carill but your username is a bitch to find)

Also the positive feedback in this thread has rekindled my excitement for this game :D

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rawrz: yeah I don't understand them at all. This is quite easily the best this series has played in a long time

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: That's not saying much. Actually playing the game has been the worst part of the game. If they marginally made it play better and took out everything else, it doesn't sound very appealing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BradBrains
    JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: There are a few more positions to do things from thanks to the kneeling, but everything is clunky and there's a weird bit of input lag at times. Plus, you just randomly sometimes pull guys to the middle of the ring for ground grapples which is weird. This is going to get killed in reviews and then maybe, if we're lucky, fixed up a bit with patches.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sorry @yesiamaduck but added you back and I got you @bradbrains.

I haven't bought a WWE game since...since ps1 so I think I'm okay with what this game will have to offer.

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JPeeples83

Believe me, you're way better off going with 2K14. It's cheaper, far more polished, plays better, and has tons more moves and move slots available.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man, this game looks like an absolute disaster on all fronts. And to think at one point I had the stupid $99 version preordered. I'll wait until next year when there is a slight chance that the game might actually be good....wait what am I even saying its Yukes of course its not going to be good.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Blessing in disguise that Jared doesn't work for 2k anymore, they won't have to feel bad about talking how crappy the game is on the Powerbombcast.

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sad thing is that Yuke's CREATED 3D WRESTLING GAMES and has made some excellent ones. 2K14 was the best entry in a long-ass time, and probably the best game using this engine so far. The Day of Reckoning/Wrestle Kingdom engine games were all excellent once they added some content and WM XIX is an underrated classic that I still love playing since it's got THE sickest sound effects yet for a game and has the closest thing to a scaffold match yet in a game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BradBrains

@jpeeples83: The xix story mode will be forever one of my favorite thing.

What? You got fired? May I suggest MURDERING RANDOM CONSTRUCTION. WORKERS. Who had no involvement in your termination might I add

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, the story mode was stupid, but it was at least entertainingly so. The core gameplay was amazing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, the story mode was stupid, but it was at least entertainingly so.

totally. the last batch of missions were WAY to hard though.

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only areas I remember having trouble with involved rope swinging - shockingly, platforming elements were not a strong point in a 3D wrestling game.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirillorlov: Hey man, I have no one I really talk to on psn. Got the game friend me. SameOldSoup is the id.

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll throw my hat into the mix! Add me on PSN username is Chancely_S

Also how the hell do you get something from under the ring? I kept trying last night and couldn't figure it our. I know its something dumb and easy so please share. Thanks!

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JPeeples83
    BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chance_s said:

@jpeeples83: Thanks man!

You're welcome - the on-screen prompt for things like this got really small, so it's hard to see.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...should we show off our monster/freak face scan characters her or a different topic should be started under WWE2K15?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#71 chaser324  Moderator

@kirillorlov: I'd recommend starting a new thread. This one has weirdly become a catch-all for everything WWE 2K15, but there's no reason for it to be.

JPeeples83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JPeeples83

Showcase mode comedy.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpeeples83: at first I was confused on why it was funny then...then I saw the legs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chance_s said:

I'll throw my hat into the mix! Add me on PSN username is Chancely_S

Also how the hell do you get something from under the ring? I kept trying last night and couldn't figure it our. I know its something dumb and easy so please share. Thanks!

Gonna add ur hat into the mix

The game comes out in the UK tomorrow as it so happens... sooo Uhhhhhm getting it tomorrow!

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So sad this turned out to be such a crappy release, luckily I didn't preorder the PS4 version :) Power bombcast has led me to watch more and more wrestling again, and I've been waiting to get wrestling game (Shut Your Mouth!, Here Comes the Pain and SD! vs. Raw have been my previous wrestling games).

But I really am in the mood for wrestling, so what do you suggest, should I get WWE '13 or WWE 2k14 ? Does either of them have any kind of career mode for the create-a-wrestler ? which one has more/better community stuff to download ? (both probably are good for that) I guess on xbox360 community downloads require Gold ?

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Goldone

@maxx2029:If you get '13 I'd do it fast because with 15 releasing this last month those servers will probably be taken down soon.

@jpeeples83: The xix story mode will be forever one of my favorite thing.

What? You got fired? May I suggest MURDERING RANDOM CONSTRUCTION. WORKERS. Who had no involvement in your termination might I add

I go back once a year or so to play through the story mode of XIX. I know it's a really stupid story but I love having matches in a suspended metal cage in the middle of the ocean, or in a shopping mall, or having to murder dozens of construction workers trying to build the stadium for Wrestlemania. That game, it's great but it's no WWF Betrayal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx2029 said:

So sad this turned out to be such a crappy release, luckily I didn't preorder the PS4 version :) Power bombcast has led me to watch more and more wrestling again, and I've been waiting to get wrestling game (Shut Your Mouth!, Here Comes the Pain and SD! vs. Raw have been my previous wrestling games).

But I really am in the mood for wrestling, so what do you suggest, should I get WWE '13 or WWE 2k14 ? Does either of them have any kind of career mode for the create-a-wrestler ? which one has more/better community stuff to download ? (both probably are good for that) I guess on xbox360 community downloads require Gold ?

The WWE Universe mode can work as a career mode if you only play as your guy! It basically books weekly shows and ppvs and creates feuds etc etc. 4 hours into Career mode in the new one and not a single cutscene! And I got paired with Chance_C's guy who is really underleveled and lost me a match :C

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldone: oh yeah, those things :( Probably I'm better off getting the 2k14 version, at least it has lots of WWE Legends in the roster :)

@yesiamaduck: WWE Universe sounds like the thing that would keep me interested in WWE game for a while, thanks :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx2029 said:

@goldone: oh yeah, those things :( Probably I'm better off getting the 2k14 version, at least it has lots of WWE Legends in the roster :)

@yesiamaduck: WWE Universe sounds like the thing that would keep me interested in WWE game for a while, thanks :)

Universe mode could be so much better, it's kind of janky, but it's good podcast fodder.

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was bit more excited about the possibilities of WWE 2k15 when I read about the DLC plans, like doing more rivalries:

upcoming DLC will include the Accelerator, which unlocks all in-game content, and three rivalries for the 2K Showcase mode; One More Match chronicles the feud between Christian and Randy Orton from 2011, Hall of Pain focuses on Mark Henry's best matches, and Path of the Warrior is the career retrospective of WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior.

Especially the Path of the Warrior would be nice, but then saw that Season pass is $25! or separately those rivalries are $10 per rivalry.... that waaaay too much. Of course the Warrior one has several Legends and old arenas, but the Mark Henry one is bare bones and still costs $10.

Also they are having a WCW character pack on sale for $8 (containing Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger).Seems very dirty if they cut CAW slots because of this. Instead of letting you download all the older superstars as other peoples CAWs, they want to be sure you have to buy the DLC to save your slots.

Maybe I did the right thing and ordered WWE 2k14 (with Warrior pre-order DLC :D) on the cheap, and see if 2k15 will have enough meaty rivalries to be worth it (and see if the price comes down).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I unlocked William Regal and the career mode FINALLY starts to get going after winning the IC Belt.... which took me at least 10 hours... before then it was diabolically bad but it seems to be finally booking me into feuds and providing cutscenes. I just had a blood feud with Brock Lesnar in 2017 for the IC Belt that ended in a Cage Match at Extreme Rulez... the match was 18minutes long but never got boring... so fair play to the game for culminating my feud in an appropriate way

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of frustration I had/have with the Elimination Chamber with Shawn and Triple H... I lost it 3 times and needed to turn off the game.

Also I feel like certain signature sections of the game don't trigger properly. I have yet to get the top of the pod signature to activate with Shawn. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

That said I'm weirdly enjoying the game. This holiday weekend I'll be playing MyCareer mode with a horror film of a monster face "scanned" character.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Goldone

I just bought the game off one of my friends for £20, I'll probably get the dlc and stuff so the game has a bit more meat to it at some point. So far though the game doesn't feel finished with it feeling so bare bones. I'm hoping the Punk/Cena stuff is good though.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone else has played it recently post multiple updates I've felt like they fixed the timing of reversals to be more in line with 14 And along with the overall games speed making it s much more enjoyable. I felt like at launch career mode was hard just because everyone was so much better than you and I felt like I was fighting in water the dude was so slow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.