Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '13

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

WWE '13, using the tagline "Live the Revolution," is the fifteenth annual WWE game from THQ and Yuke's.

The one thing that would completely sell you on buying this game

• 57 results
    Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
    ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThatIndianGuy7116

What is the one thing in WWE 13 that, if they added, you would buy it faster than you can say, "YES! YES! YES!"?

My one thing that I would want in the game more than anything is a proper Career mode. I heard they are getting rid of Road to Wrestlemania and replacing it with a mode that lets you recreate old Attitude Era matches or something like that. That's a fine idea and all but that seems like something that should be a side mode or something that lets you unlock wrestlers. I want to see a season mode like the ones from the older Smackdown/SVR games. I like the idea of taking a wrestler you've created and having them go through two years in the WWE. Or better yet, I remember in WWE Day of Reckoning where before you made it to the WWE, you had to wrestle in a few dark matches before making it up to the big leagues. I liked being able to choose your own voice and all that. I did like the idea in WWE 12 where it was a preset name and they would refer to you as that name but how about giving us several preset names or better yet, just go back to having them call us something generic? And I could do without them completely changing my moveset and entrance this year.

Anyway, what would you guys like to see?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By onarum

"The one thing that would completely sell you on buying this game"

A gun to my head I guess.... though I don't care about my own life that much, but most definitely a gun to the head of someone I care about, that would make me buy this game for sure.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

If it came with a 100 dollar bill inside the case

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

GM mode was very similar to the old style season modes, and I'll never understand why it was removed.

They need more customisation options in general and badly need a completely new gameplay engine.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikeGosot

They need AKI to make it.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Baillie

A whole new engine, it's been the same since Smackdown!, sure there's been incremental improvements but it's still basically the same. TNA iMPACT was such a breath of fresh air.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Honestly, I just want someone else to take a stab at WWE than Yukes and THQ. They do an ok job and last year they showed that they actually tried a bit more but even still it just didn't hook me the way some of the older smackdown games did.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

From WWE 12, and what they've announced for WWE 13, they seem to be going in the right direction.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By crusader8463

If they went balls out in the CAW side of things and added a ton of depth to the character maker and made that the focus this time around.I really got into SVR 09, iirc, and it was all due to the CAW's rpg elements. I loved nothing more then making my own guys, ranking them up and fighting them online against other people. Being able to make online tournaments, make our own federations and have people compete against one another online in randomly generated "seasons" would be awesome as well.

Would also be nice if they worked on the netcode to make it more stable. I just want them to stop making it an annual franchise and take a couple years to make it really fun. Tired of their madden approach to development of tiny inconsequential additions each year.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

If they spend a couple years off and really changed the game from the ground up.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Nothing, I'd never buy it.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
    ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol well thanks to the couple of people that at least gave serious answers

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By BleedingStarX

I was buying it day one anyway, but the Attitude Era stuff has got me incredibly excited for this years edition

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

Turn-based combat.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#16  Edited By Slag

Controls I like.

I don't care much for wrestling in general or their games, but the few I've played the wrestlers were as agile as resident evil protagonists.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#17  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@Video_Game_King said:

Turn-based combat.

This, if there's also a party/squad based strategy RPG element.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hunter5024

3 year development cycle, a brand new engine, and personally delivered by retired wrestler Edge himself.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ajamafalous

I don't think I've played any since SvR 2010, but what really bothered me about the later SvRs was how loose they felt. I really liked how in HCTP everything was really tight and arcadey. From what I remember, in the later SvRs they got rid of the body part damage readouts and storing up finishers and everything, which was what was really fun for my friends and I. All I want to do is press down-left + X and then L1. Toe kicks for life. 

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By joshthebear

AKI style

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CL60
    @ajamafalous
    I don't think I've played any since SvR 2010, but what really bothered me about the later SvRs was how loose they felt. I really liked how in HCTP everything was really tight and arcadey. From what I remember, in the later SvRs they got rid of the body part damage readouts and storing up finishers and everything, which was what was really fun for my friends and I. All I want to do is press down-left + X and then L1. Toe kicks for life. 
    They never got rid of body part damage, and WWE 12 reintroduced storing finishers.
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By MildMolasses

Made by Volition

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ajamafalous
    @CL60 said:
    @ajamafalous
    They never got rid of body part damage, and WWE 12 reintroduced storing finishers.
    But did they keep the little readout HUD element? From what I remember of 2010 they instead just made it so that the wrestlers would grab their head if their head was hurt, etc. 

In 12, can you store just one extra or can you store like 3-5? I'm sure that seems like a super nitpicky thing but there's something about just busting out a ton of finishers on a guy one after the other that I really enjoyed.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hatking

The first two responses were great.

I'd want a totally and utterly, revamped, from-the-ground-up, reworked, rebalanced, and rebuilt gameplay system covering everything from the graphics and animation to the gameplay and UI.

The creative side of this shit, letting players create wrestlers and stories for those wrestlers, has always interested me. But, it doesn't really matter because there hasn't been a wrestling game I could tolerate playing for more than a weekend since the N64 era.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60
    @ajamafalous
    @CL60 said:
    @ajamafalous
    But did they keep the little readout HUD element? From what I remember of 2010 they instead just made it so that the wrestlers would grab their head if their head was hurt, etc. 

In 12, can you store just one extra or can you store like 3-5? I'm sure that seems like a super nitpicky thing but there's something about just busting out a ton of finishers on a guy one after the other that I really enjoyed.
    You can store 3 I think in WWE 12. And the HUD doesn't directly show body damage. You can grab them and hold the limb targeting button and the body damage thing comes up.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60
    @ajamafalous Also toe kicks are pointless now, you can just pull off a finisher suddenly very smoothly now.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MeierTheRed

If it suddenly became Bioshock Infinite, then i would buy it.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By EuanDewar

BASED GOD

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By beargirl1

@ajamafalous said:

All I want to do is press down-left + X and then L1. Toe kicks for life.

toe kicks are the shit. sometimes i didn't even have my finisher stored up and i would do toe kicks over and over and over because i thought the animation looked funny. now in the new games you just have to be facing your opponent. what kind of shit is that?

@Video_Game_King said:

Turn-based combat.

there was a turn-based TNA wrestling RPG-thingy released on iOS a couple of years ago

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beargirl1

@EuanDewar said:

BASED GOD

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CL60
    @AjayRaz You can still tow kick if you want. I personally think having to toe kick before finishers was dumb, ecspecially for finishers that had tor kicks in them like a stunner or pedigree.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By EuanDewar

@AjayRaz said:

@EuanDewar said:

BASED GOD

CLASSIC

CLASSIC

HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET, CLASSIC

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By beargirl1

@EuanDewar said:

@AjayRaz said:

@EuanDewar said:

BASED GOD

CLASSIC

CLASSIC

HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET, CLASSIC

SIREN

IT'S ALRIGHT

@CL60 said:

@AjayRaz You can still tow kick if you want. I personally think having to toe kick before finishers was dumb, ecspecially for finishers that had tor kicks in them like a stunner or pedigree.

yea you can still toe kick but it's not as important as it used to be. i still do 'em when i occasionally play WWE 12 just because it's second nature for me to do a toe kick before a finisher.

noby_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By noby_guy

HUGE rosters: New and old! Wrestlers with all of their alternate costumes and different versions of them. Like what they're doing now, PG era Rock, Attitude Rock, etc etc. I want PG era CM Punk and 2005 Ring of Honor Punk with the blonde/black hair and less tattoos.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jmood88

If it had nothing to do with professional wrestling and better animations

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pezen

CAW system as it used to be; crazy. And none of that "X amount of points" for accessories. Fucking dumb. I want to create a monstrosity that look like a stick figure.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#37  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Stable servers. Seriously, that shit went down every other time I went to look for a match or a bit of created content.

Secondary to that, they need a massive update to the roster - stop recycling the same wrestlers and animations from the last ten years of Smackdown games already. I realize the CAW feature allows for the creation of practically anybody, but recyled animations and warmed-over taunts make it hard to really create unique feeling wrestlers. A more refined Universe mode is an absolute must, with the ability to make sure favorite wrestlers and/or feuds can be created and added with more regularity.

The CAW system is pretty okay, but a larger cap on the number of items that can be used or implemented would be a great thing. We probably won't see that until the next generation of consoles, but a fella can dream. Other than that, there are the usual suspects - make the crowd look better, less weird clipping, overhauled and simpler controls, and less goddamn HHH.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By InfiniteGeass

If I could ride the referee like a skateboard.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShaggE

Babalities and Friendships.

Big Hair Mode.

Mode that lets you play as the car in the lot that hits various wrestlers.

Mode that lets you commentate as JR, with a Mass Effect style dialog wheel.

Any of the above.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gantrathor

If every character in the game, including the crowd, were in the nude. Is there a PC version, by chance? I think that would solve my problem.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By fisher81

If they promise that you can turn off superstars in Universe mode. Ruined the game for me having dead people wrestling on every PPV.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Completely redesigned to be based around putting on a good wrestling match instead of being a shit fighting game.

Make it so you have to play the game with wrestling ring psychology in mind, essentially; heels should have to do something cocky that will probably allow a comeback, finishers should only work at a logical end to a match (and will only get kicked out of on PPV), referees should get knocked down at the worst possible moment, etc)

Basically, make the style and soap opera quality portion of wrestling an integral part of the experience.

Also, less limes. The WWE has TOO MANY LIMES, TOO MANY LIMES!

ablestwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ablestwin

I'd love a career mode with a very dedicated plot, instead of just plodding along to get from match to match.

More importantly, I want an engine that is as fun as WCW/NWO Revenge. When that dropped (granted, I was much younger), me and my friends sat around for hours, not playing matches really, but just seeing what we could do and where we could go, and I miss having a game that was that fun just to play around with.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SharkEthic

Nothing could ever sell me on buying this. Nothing could even sell me on renting this.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RainDog505

@AjayRaz said:

@EuanDewar said:

BASED GOD

"Super Dragon Ball Z...classic"

"Smack Down: Shut Your Mouth"...classic"

"Mortal Kombat Armageddon...classic...haven't played it yet"

"Siren...it's alright"

Best video game critic ever?

DasUberOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DasUberOgre

I'm in the GameFly hive so I probably won't buy it. But seriously I'd be sold if it had a branching storymode like No Mercy did or dynamic storymodes. Maybe they wouldn't have to voice it but say if I started the story with a jobber like Primo then the story would be about me working my way up through the smaller belts and smaller shows but if I started with John Cena I'd already be at the top and trying to fend off the new comers.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morningstar

If it was a JRPG.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RedRoach

I complete overhaul of the gameplay so it's not slow, boring, and shitty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.