Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '13

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

WWE '13, using the tagline "Live the Revolution," is the fifteenth annual WWE game from THQ and Yuke's.

The kick out mechanic sucks

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By williamhenry

Easily the worst part of the game. I am routinely losing matches on the first pinfall attempt because the kick out mechanic is terrible. I don't know why they couldn't just let you mash buttons to escape like the submission mechanic.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Troispoint

Its really not difficult. Get better.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By RipTheVeins

I actually like the new kick-out mechanic. If anything I think it's easier to kick out. I've been able to kick out of finishers when I was in critical condition no problem, and even win inferno matches in less than 2 minutes. However, there have also been cases where I lost when it should have only been a 1 count. It's really just all about timing and being patient with the mechanic instead of just trying to spam it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

The kick out bar is great. It adds a great layer of stress to the match.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By williamhenry

@Troispoint said:

Great post, totally helpful. Would read again.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By mcmax3000

I much prefer this mechanic, but then again, I'm all for anything that isn't button mashing. Fuck button mashing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    @WilliamHenry

@Troispoint said:

Well he's not lying... It's not hard, I can kick out after multiple finishers.
    KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By KaneRobot

It fucking sucks. Slip once and the match can be over in seconds if the opponent goes for a pin. Worst part of the gameplay.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By iceman228433

It sucked last year and hey it sucks again. It's really awesome losing match's because you can't kick out of pin from bad timing when you should not even be pined at that point. It is the reason I fight outside the ring as much as I can, I can't get pinned outside lol.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

I don't know how you are losing matches so much. I'm playing on Legend difficulty and even on Legend the CPU hardly ever attempts to pin me.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BradBrains

i do see his point though i understand what there going for. the reversals and other chanics are trying to get away from mashing and be more about timing.

in saying this sometimes i am really bad at timing and have had to replay a couple attitiude era matches because of it.

I would say some of the easy ways to get eliminated from the rumble is worse. losing after 30 minutes due to someone using their finisher to kick you out is kinda frustrating.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

If it's the same as last year's then yeah it's kinda bad. Takes some getting used to, and even then if you fuck it up once or twice, you're out.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cmblasko

It's completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the game. At what point did anyone complain about the traditional button mashing pin escapes?

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeanFoster

I'm having a lot of trouble with it too.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@WilliamHenry said:

@Troispoint said:

He's not wrong though. You're either colour blind or have feet for hands.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mcmax3000

@cmblasko said:

It's completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the game. At what point did anyone complain about the traditional button mashing pin escapes?

I wouldn't say that I complained, but I've always been anti-button mashing. I'd love for them to get rid of it for submissions too. It's 2012... These developers should be able to come up with something more inventive than smash all of the buttons on your controller.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cannonballbam

Dude, I have been playing wrestling games for over 22 Years. This has been the best set of options in a wrestling video game when it comes to its mechanics regarding submission and pin-fall. Even WWE All Stars contains the same OTE prompts in its cage matches that WWE 13 uses for I Quit matches or Royal Rumbles.

The addition of near falls makes the game alot more exciting. The only issue I see is the delay when playing matches online as it can cause much confusion. But I would say its way less of an handicap compared to the issue fighting games have online when it comes to slower reaction time and input delay.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cmblasko

@mcmax3000 said:

@cmblasko said:

I wouldn't say that I complained, but I've always been anti-button mashing. I'd love for them to get rid of it for submissions too. It's 2012... These developers should be able to come up with something more inventive than smash all of the buttons on your controller.

The thing about the mini-games is that they take place at crucial moments of the match and are not dependent at all on your skill or knowledge of the game itself. So you could realistically lose a match that you have been performing well in because you are not so adept at the mini game, which seems frustrating and counter-intuitive to me. And you're right, I'm sure they could invent an innovative mini game, but consider the constraints in which a pinning mini-game has to take place: at most, it lasts 3 seconds. The player is expected to be brought completely out of the flow of the match and readjust to a completely different game which will only last a few seconds; it just doesn't seem fun or necessary to me. That's why I feel that button mashing works well in this context; it is a super-simple concept that can be easily adjusted to on-the-fly which does not contrast with the frantic nature of the match itself.

Besides, these games have much bigger problems that need to be addressed.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ajamafalous
    @mcmax3000 said:

I much prefer this mechanic, but then again, I'm all for anything that isn't button mashing. Fuck button mashing.

WHEN I SAY BUTTON, YOU SAY MASHING

BUTTON
    advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By advocatefish

I like the mechanic but it doesn't seem to register reliably.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mcmax3000

@cmblasko said:

@mcmax3000 said:

@cmblasko said:

The thing about the mini-games is that they take place at crucial moments of the match and are not dependent at all on your skill or knowledge of the game itself. So you could realistically lose a match that you have been performing well in because you are not so adept at the mini game, which seems frustrating and counter-intuitive to me. And you're right, I'm sure they could invent an innovative mini game, but consider the constraints in which a pinning mini-game has to take place: at most, it lasts 3 seconds. The player is expected to be brought completely out of the flow of the match and readjust to a completely different game which will only last a few seconds; it just doesn't seem fun or necessary to me. That's why I feel that button mashing works well in this context; it is a super-simple concept that can be easily adjusted to on-the-fly which does not contrast with the frantic nature of the match itself.

Besides, these games have much bigger problems that need to be addressed.

I don't disagree with some of the things you've said, and I don't necessarily think that the current interface is the best possible solution, but I also don't think that going back to the same mechanic I used over 20 years ago when I first played Wrestlemania Challenge on the NES is the answer either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.