Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '12

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 22, 2011

WWE '12 is the latest edition in WWE's long-running wrestling game franchise previously known as "SmackDown" and "SmackDown vs. RAW".

So it seems they are actually trying this time?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations.  

Day of Reckoning did this, and it was annoying as hell. Remember how bad Triple Threats and Fatal Four Ways were? This makes them 100x worse because you can't pull off ANY moves.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

If it's still Yukes, it'll still be garbage.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan
    @ajamafalous
    I remember that, was very annoying. Hopefully they figured something out and it's fine this time.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @ajamafalous said:

When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations.  

Day of Reckoning did this, and it was annoying as hell. Remember how bad Triple Threats and Fatal Four Ways were? This makes them 100x worse because you can't pull off ANY moves.
    Wrestlemania X8 on the Gamecube did too.  I think it's a step in the right direction, but the fact they're hyping this up as a massive new feature is a little sad.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Until they make a No Mercy 2, I won't believe they're even remotely trying.

That Allstar thing that came out while ago was fun tho.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I liked allstars but I don't have faith in this game just yet. 
    It needs a complete revamp. 
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By kingzetta

Don't we say that every year?
    Remember how amazing Universe mode sounded, then turned out to be really really bad.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By TheHBK
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    This.  But an even more important issue is, how does Triple H's hair look?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    I just looked up AKI to see what they're up to these days and they don't even exist anymore, so I guess we can stop hoping for a new No Mercy.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@HandsomeDead
    That's what they said about Duke.
    Where there's a fanbase, there's a will, someday, sometime, somewhere, somehow.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By donchipotle

I liked 2011 and Universe mode. But then I have weird taste. As long as I can still make a dude and have him come out to gangsta rap, it's all good

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By lavaman77

Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By niamahai

" When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble " 

great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mcfart

You can break moves with punches now?

...really?

...REALLY?

handicap matches in the story mode will suck so hard now.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @niamahai said:
    " When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble "  great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.
    If you play with people that knows the game, they should let people do all sorts of moves on each other and plan shit ahead by throwing them out the ring and stuff before final pin fall. 
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By niamahai
    @StaticFalconar said:
    @niamahai said:
    " When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble "  great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.
    If you play with people that knows the game, they should let people do all sorts of moves on each other and plan shit ahead by throwing them out the ring and stuff before final pin fall. 
    we shouldn't be out-cheesing the AI to win. 

we should win by pure skill!
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @lavaman77 said:
    Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.
    I still play No Mercy, and you know what? 

It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game. 

Fun.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By niamahai

can anybody recall on the year they decided to Madden-fy the SvR series to be more like a sim than an arcade brawler, did people claimed it was the 2nd coming of Christ, or did they bitch about it non-stop?

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lavaman77
    @KingWilly said:
    @lavaman77 said:

It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game.  Fun.
    Goody for you, keep playing it and don't whine about Yuke's. they can't be blamed for the crappy games since THQ is breathing down their necks not letting them rest even for one year, if THQ and WWE skipped years we would see far better games. the main reason why older games were better was because the developers took their time with the game without the deadline of the year stopping the dev's from trying new stuff. you go ahead and praise No Mercy all you want but if it was released last year you would be singing a different song.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @lavaman77 said:
    @KingWilly said:
    @lavaman77 said:

It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game.  Fun.
    Goody for you, keep playing it and don't whine about Yuke's. they can't be blamed for the crappy games since THQ is breathing down their necks not letting them rest even for one year, if THQ and WWE skipped years we would see far better games. the main reason why older games were better was because the developers took their time with the game without the deadline of the year stopping the dev's from trying new stuff. you go ahead and praise No Mercy all you want but if it was released last year you would be singing a different song.
    If it was released last year It'd look amazing as well as play fantastically well. 

WWE '12 does look interesting so far, but to rage at people who have standards and remember how great wrestling games used to be is foolish. Ever since Smackdown 2006 the series has been on a slow, painful decline. The technology has been showing its age since the end of the PS2 generation, and only now they are getting around to fixing major complaints about their franchise? That's indefensible, no matter how many deadlines you want to hide behind.  

To put it in perspective, since you're probably a young man, I've been buying and playing Smackdown games since Smackdown 2: Know Your Role. I've been on this weird trip every step of the way with THQ/Yuke's, so telling me I'm an asshole for not wanting to the only wrestling game in town to suck complete ass is bullshit, and you're a shitty person for implying such.
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lavaman77
    @KingWilly said:
    @lavaman77 said:
    @KingWilly said:
    @lavaman77 said:

If it was released last year It'd look amazing as well as play fantastically well.  WWE '12 does look interesting so far, but to rage at people who have standards and remember how great wrestling games used to be is foolish. Ever since Smackdown 2006 the series has been on a slow, painful decline. The technology has been showing its age since the end of the PS2 generation, and only now they are getting around to fixing major complaints about their franchise? That's indefensible, no matter how many deadlines you want to hide behind.   To put it in perspective, since you're probably a young man, I've been buying and playing Smackdown games since Smackdown 2: Know Your Role. I've been on this weird trip every step of the way with THQ/Yuke's, so telling me I'm an asshole for not wanting to the only wrestling game in town to suck complete ass is bullshit, and you're a shitty person for implying such.
    Do you always get so emotional during debates? because i wasn't calling you nor implied that you were an ass, don't put words in my mouth to get your argument across please.

No it wouldn't, it would be as awful as SvR 2011. back then the developers had all the time in the world to release it, they weren't forced to release a new game every year until THQ/WWE switched to the current standards. that's what started slowly murdering the series and dragging it down to the point people start falling asleep when they're playing. look at all yearly franchise, a lot of the time their sequels end up sucking and being hated on by the fans. remember it's THQ and WWE that's calling the shots, they saw that the series sales started to go down and then told Yuke's to finally fix the issues. if you want to point fingers point them at THQ and WWE, not Yuke's.  let's look at Call of Duty for example, it failed to evolve with each sequel and instead the fans got the same rubbish every year, if they took 2-3 years between games they would actually have a chance for a good sequel. 

I've been playing Wrestling games all the way back to WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game, so im much more familiar with wrestling games, son.
    dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dragonzord

I just want WWE All Stars 2

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @niamahai said:
    @StaticFalconar said:
    @niamahai said:
    we shouldn't be out-cheesing the AI to win.  we should win by pure skill!
    Who the hell plays these games against the comp? I was talking about against other people. 
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By musubi
    @StaticFalconar: I do, because TBQH playing with other people is a complete pain.   Especially online.  Nobody plays by the rules of a tag match and you can't have a match without the other guy trying to knock the ref out to use a weapon on your or some other dumb ass tactic that gets old REAL quick. 

So in my case my only two options are play with dumbasses online  or play with the AI as my friends aren't exactly into wrestling games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.