Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

I have started again ... tips?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Hi,

I started playing again after 10 years (!). Last time I was in grad school with time management issues. Now it seems I am a well adjusted adult.

I am currently leveling my level 70 main (Restro Druid) up to 110 - I am currently at 85. I do not have a guild (yet?) but play with my ex-WoW buddy from also 10 years ago (now real life buddy since that). Do you have any tipps for me?

Is the Garrison still a viable thing to do?

Cheers

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Biggest tip is no need to rush. Enjoy the older expansion content as you level through it. All of it had some neat stuff about it. That being said you'll easily outlevel zones even into the 90's, so it doesn't hurt to just move on to areas more aligned to your level and go back to wipe up quests/experience lore when you hit 110. Thankfully they made this a non-issue in Legion, all the zones level with you so you won't ever be questing in an area "below" your level or gear level.

Find a guild! Some suck and it might take a bit of looking around, but finding people to just chat with while playing, and do random dungeons/other stuff with really makes the game great. I love WoW but over the years my enjoyment of it fluctuates high and low, and the low points are almost always because a guild falls apart and I try to just go solo for a bit. I'm in a great guild now with an old work buddy and the game has never been better, largely because we just go around doing so much group content.

Garrison's aren't a bad thing to still dabble with. They were interesting if not implemented/maintained well over the course of Warlords. I still dabble with mine a bit (Don't have that dumb Gronn mount yet somehow).

If you keep playing and get to 110, and it's what you want, do dungeons/raids! Don't be shy with that stuff, the best content of WoW is the dungeon/raid content, and while there are super casual ways to experience it (Looking for Group tool/Looking for Raid) the Mythic dungeons and normal raids are not really hard, and super enjoyable/rewarding to complete. I'd even say Heroic raids are cake, but I might have a more "hardcore" view on that. Average people might not think the same, but I have no idea.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or Bnet. My battletag is Takayama#1981. Feel free to add me if you wish!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.