Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Anyone jumping into WoW Classic?

• 70 results
    Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ares42

@casepb: I got into Barrens fairly quickly and as people started trickle in some of them were disappointed at how quiet it was. Left for Silverpine and WC for a few hours, came back and it was just a cavalcade of memes and terrible jokes.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played for about an hour and a half last night. My first impression was just as I feared: Aww crap, it’s still really good. I’m on Atiesh and I’ll never raid, but if someone needs to fill spots on a guild charter, feel free to hit me up - I have alliance named Kojak, Ltcolumbo, and Gusttshowbiz so far.

I wonder if gold sellers will make a comeback?

WahooJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a priest on Kromcrush, willing to make an alt on another PVP server. feel free to add Emforall . Looking for someone to level with and a guild to join for some help with leveling, after all classic is all about how social it is.

seastark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well dang it, I misread the first post. It looks like people are leaning Alliance on Atiesh. So I switched over before its too late. I'll probably run a second horde char on Myzrael.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

I do not understand the appeal or the people who want to go back to this version of the game but I wish all of you the best. I hope your memories are being truthful to you.

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The launch was super broken, amazingly broken but really broken. Had fun seeing everyone roam around like lost chickens (me included) with no quest helper though.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowpork: how was it broken? There was a queue (and oh shit, what a queue), but that’s pretty true to form for launch days in early WoW. Everything else worked great for me once I got in. What am I missing?

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ltcolumbo: I got in a soon as the servers were up, and it was definitely busted. The layering had no idea how to handle everyone, you couldn't attack anything, major lag. I found it fun more than anything, though. I knew it was gonna be a clusterfuck going in.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah, I logged in at launch and it took me about 10 minutes just to talk to the NPC in front of where the game spawns your new character. And then another ~45 mins. to complete the first "Kill 10 x" quest because of the hundreds of people in the same small area trying to do the same thing. It was fun though.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Even with the grindy... i'm having a great time :)

only level 24 so far... a long way to go till 60

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ltcolumbo: do a /who cookieparty anyone in the guild can invite. (assuming youa re ally :)

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm Peteycoco on Atiesh as Horde. If there's a guild that everyone's playing with I'd love to join!

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Berfin on Pagle.

I'm loving WoW Classic right now. Sure it's got some issues (long respawn times) but I haven't felt this attached to my MMO character in years. Out questing and doing honest work for upgrades that feel meaningful. I'm upgrading my bags from 6slotters to 8 slotters and I can carry so much more, lets me stay out slaying longer! My bags are loaded up with random stuff found on mobs and claimed when killed. Not dozens of slots taken up with some random item that i need to hold on to and collect 1000 of designed just to take up bagspace (Mechagon anyone?).

Also having to group up again to accomplish quests. Everyone is a lowly adventurer together not the champion, or commander, or supreme savior of the world. It feels good to be lost on an adventure just helping out every day folks.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
    not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I occasionally get that MMO itch but as fun as it would be to revisit classic WoW I can't help but think that energy would be better spent finally getting into FFXIV.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@not_a_bumblebee: rather play classic WoW anyday! FF14 is ok but it's certianly a modern MMO.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've recently gone back to Warcrack after being clean for 9 years. Now that the hype and interest have faded, I really doubt I'll be playing classic a month from now. It's as if I was reminded why I quit for so many reasons. The classic system is terrible compared to today's standards. It's downright obnoxious.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By Junkerman

Been having a lot of fun on Classic with some old buddies who played it with me back in the day. Mechanically I'm finding its just such a more rewarding experience then whats currently on BfA. The classes are all so cool and unique. Its exciting just to see what your five man will consist of.

Its also been fun having to actually strategize to overcome how weak you are and actually work together.

I hope they slowly roll out the Burning Crusade eventually too, I feel like that was a nice balance between some of the quality of life changes that were implemented without sacrificing too much of the struggle the game needs to be fun.

I'm interested to see the long term stats of this, I've seen server queues at peak times in the thousands on most servers even after a week, and its been nice to see first hand that old WoW actually was something special outside of nostalgia/right time, right place in life.

Curious to see what happens next with it if the hype stays high.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The long con is that they slowly just update Classic going forward until it becomes an endless cycle no one can escape from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.