Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 03, 2023

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is a fantasy action game set in the Three Kingdoms era of China and developed by Team Ninja.

New "Wo Long" demo is out, lets you carry progress to main game

• 106 results
    TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@efesell said:

I'm in a weird spot with the two though because I do think that at the end of day From Soft is making better games but I'd almost always rather actually play something from Team Ninja now.

Definitely true of the Nioh games. I'm looking forward to Rise of the Ronin to see what Team Ninja does with (apparently?) the Assassin's Creed formula.

As for Wo Long, I think I'll probably wind my way through NG and then put it down. I'm not finding it nearly as compelling as Nioh. The systems just aren't working for me. You learn the parry timings and . . . that's sort of it. I mean, it's fun when it works, but it just isn't enough to carry a game of this size or length.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lu Bu's demon form is annoying me with his desperation move seconds from death.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
    AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Although Lu Bu's human form definitely seems harder in general. Toughest encounters in the game for me were human Lu Bu, Zhang Liao (sub-quest with no companions), final boss, and Tiger's Loyal Subjects.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Shindig

I don't mind the retries because it's a quick fight. I just hate it coming down to a parry I've not got any sense of timing for. I had the same problem with his off-horse charge move in the first fight.

EDIT: Alright he's done. Turns out he really likes to run into walls which gave me a chance to just circle around his murder charge.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now I'm done. Not finished, just done. Dragon of the Demonic Qi is genuinely terrible and I've decided this is close enough. The first part is easy (assuming he doesn't do his force strangle) but the Dragon is too big and moves too much for me to figure that fight out.

A good game but I was definitely worn out by the endgame.

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Yeah, that fight sucks. He's floating off the ground, so you either have to figure out the proper timing to counter him--which as you say is tough because of the scale--or abuse something like Guan Yu's Azure Dragon Crescent Glaive martial art that can hit enemies high up. It seems like a poor design to me.

Too bad, because after that there's only one more main mission, against the true final boss. And that's one of the better-designed bosses in the game IMO. But I don't blame you for calling it quits on the BS dragon fight.

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really playing this game anymore until the first DLC drops, but I was amused to see that there was a recent patch with these notable changes:

• Added a feature that automatically restock arrows/projectiles and consumable items from the storehouse upon accessing a Battle Flag.
    • Made ... adjustments to the difficulty of the sub battlefield “The Tiger's Loyal Subjects”
    • Fixed a bug that made it possible to exchange items with a Shitieshou every time the player resumes the game from a Battle Flag in the sub battlefield “Fate of the Entertainer.”

Finally an auto ammo restock, thank God, that was really dumb. And I'm guessing "Tiger's Loyal Subjects" must be a lot easier now, because that thing was definitely fairly ridiculous on the second difficulty setting before.

Meanwhile, they've fixed the bug I mentioned previously that made it very quick and easy to farm 5* accessories. They're usually pretty quick to catch that stuff. I guess I could exploit it a bit more before I patch, but the loot in this game seems so unexciting and unimpactful that I'm not sure why I would bother.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.