Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

VVVVVV

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 11, 2010

Retro 2D puzzle platformer in which players, rather than jumping, invert their own gravity to cover gaps and avoid obstacles.

Prepare to Die a Million Spikey Deaths in VVVVVV for 3DS

• 72 results
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ZenaxPure

I oddly just played through the PC version for the first time like last week and was totally blown away by how awesome the game was. If I had a 3DS I would totally get it again.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Ockman said:

@TehFlan said:

@Ockman said:

I was banned for "portbegging" on stupid neogaf because I said the fact that this is coming out on 3DS, instead of the xb360 or PS3 is stupid. Seriously fuck the 3DS, this is a horrible platform for this game because 3D wouldn't make it any better, and the screen is too damn small. I wasn't port begging, I'm saying the 3DS fucking sucks.

The screen isn't that small considering you're holding the game like arms-length from your face, and this coming out on a portable platform is pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on the price. I'm not trying to say that you should have been banned from neogaf, but complaining a game is coming out on one platform rather than another seems kind of pointless.

I'm a person who likes speaking his mind, and I just thought the news of VVVVVV coming to the 3DS to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I had already told them that I have played and beaten VVVVVV on the PC. Great game, love an excuse to play it again, but seriously why the hell the 3DS? It's a platform that's not doing too well, and having a game like that on it's download store only is not a very large audience. Hell, if anything, DSiware would be better because the bigger screen of the DSi XL is much nicer, and there's a much larger owner base for the DSi.

I also said that a XB360 or PS3 version would be a greater opportunity for me to convince other people I know to actually buy the game. They sure as hell don't own a 3DS, and have no plans to buy one. Not to mention, achievements and/or trophies is a very attractive thing for this game considering some of the hidden stuff in it. But nope, they went with 3DS...why, I will never know. The game is not even in 16x9, and it will have borders on the sides of the screen so it's 4x3 image fits. Like I said, if anything, DSi would've been better than 3DS for this very reason alone.

Alright, tell us where the 3DS touched you.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Ockman said:

@TehFlan said:

@Ockman said:

I was banned for "portbegging" on stupid neogaf because I said the fact that this is coming out on 3DS, instead of the xb360 or PS3 is stupid. Seriously fuck the 3DS, this is a horrible platform for this game because 3D wouldn't make it any better, and the screen is too damn small. I wasn't port begging, I'm saying the 3DS fucking sucks.

The screen isn't that small considering you're holding the game like arms-length from your face, and this coming out on a portable platform is pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on the price. I'm not trying to say that you should have been banned from neogaf, but complaining a game is coming out on one platform rather than another seems kind of pointless.

I'm a person who likes speaking his mind, and I just thought the news of VVVVVV coming to the 3DS to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I had already told them that I have played and beaten VVVVVV on the PC. Great game, love an excuse to play it again, but seriously why the hell the 3DS? It's a platform that's not doing too well, and having a game like that on it's download store only is not a very large audience. Hell, if anything, DSiware would be better because the bigger screen of the DSi XL is much nicer, and there's a much larger owner base for the DSi.

I also said that a XB360 or PS3 version would be a greater opportunity for me to convince other people I know to actually buy the game. They sure as hell don't own a 3DS, and have no plans to buy one. Not to mention, achievements and/or trophies is a very attractive thing for this game considering some of the hidden stuff in it. But nope, they went with 3DS...why, I will never know. The game is not even in 16x9, and it will have borders on the sides of the screen so it's 4x3 image fits. Like I said, if anything, DSi would've been better than 3DS for this very reason alone.

Dude, that post was the worst.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Deusoma
    @SeriouslyNow: Actually he made a lot of very nice points. Now I wish this was an XBLA title too. :(
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Deusoma said:

@SeriouslyNow: Actually he made a lot of very nice points. Now I wish this was an XBLA title too. :(

I dunno, I think "I want this game on XBLA too" would've been just fine. The rest of what he said was garbage.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By Bartman3010

Now why isn't this coming to DSi Ware? Honestly you'd be limiting the customer base if you just left it on the 3DS at this point. Unless theres a specific reason to have a 3D mode?

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By gbrading

The music in VVVVVV was excellent: Really helped to add to that Commodore 64 vibe the whole thing had going for it.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RoyCampbell

Anything is welcomed at this point.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wait just one second. Is there something worthwhile coming to the 3ds? BLASPHEMY!

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By UltimAXE

V6 would make such a wonderful portable game. It's so cute and so fun and so quick. Paying 30-40 bucks for a 3DS version when you can get it on steam for 5 dollars seems crazy, but, I dunno. I'd probably still buy it if I owned a 3DS.

Oh. It's Eshop. Smart move.

Avatar image for scottygrayskull
    scottygrayskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By scottygrayskull

Even though I own it twice on PC, if I had a 3DS I'd buy this. As is I'll just keep hoping for an XBLA (with cheevos) release, or at least XBIG.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By ch3burashka

It's interesting that the 3DS has been so supportive, or sought out, by indie devs. First Cave Story, now VVVVVV? Obviously, these are exceptions among Mario and Star Fox and the like, but the news concerning indies has been much more vocal in regards to the 3DS.

rox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By rox360
    @TehFlan said:
    @Ockman said:

There's also the part where the game runs at a native resolution of 320x240. Screen size is seriously not a problem. Considering it's a bite-sized game that you can play in bite-sized chunks and only need a d-pad and one button for, I think it sounds like a perfect fit for a handheld device.
    JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By JCGamer

Great game. Can't believe I fins Ed the think with the old keyboard. Real game controls would be a real plus for this game.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#65  Edited By MeatSim

A eShop game that might be worth while now that's something.

Avatar image for mexican_brownie
    Mexican_Brownie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mexican_Brownie

I will buy this and play through it a 3rd time. The music in this game is so amazing.

Hobosunday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hobosunday

I love this game, I'm so glad I'm going to be able to play this portably.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By norsedudetr

@Cybexx: Wouldn't put it past Nintendo to release a battery powered add-on thing with a V-button .

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Insectecutor

"VVVVVV will never see the light of day on any console" - Brad Shoemaker, Tested podcast episode 87.

Eleonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Eleonjr

Can't wait to get a 3DS!

TinyGallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TinyGallon

It would be so awesome if the game utilized BOTH screens like Contra 4 or Yoshi's Island DS. But I'll play through it again anyway, amazing game.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

DUDE.

DUDE.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?!?!??!

BUYING THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK OUTTA THIS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.