Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

Really enjoying this game

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

Got this game from Gamefly about a week ago, I haven't been able to put it down since it got in the door. I'm on the second battle on Chapter 15, coming off of a sweet A rank for the train switch mission. I find the tactial gameplay to be very satisfying, a much needed respite from all the shooters I've been playing. I think people should open up a little bit, try something new. This game is a big leap of faith for me in the way that I've never played anything like it, but it turns out it was a good decision.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By essaregee

This is one of those PS3 jewl games.  
    It's rare but really good.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

There are some pretty poor story moments, but the overall I enjoy the lightheartedness of it, and the gameplay is obviously a ton of fun.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

This game gets way too dark for my liking. I was interested until i found out some of the story stuffs. Now i don't really want to play it anymore.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

Yeah the story and characters aren't very original but the gameplay and art style are incredible. I looked it so much that I bought some of the DLC for it (I'm stingy when it comes to DLC) and I even bought an extra copy to send it off to a friend in a different country. That's how awesome this game is. Such a shame that it didn't sell well. T_T

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By m1k3

It was one of the PS3's hidden gems. I really liked it and cant wait for the sequel.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Shirogane: Really?  If you're interested in it, I'd encourage you to try it.  Even though it addresses some dark stuff, I didn't ever think it got really heavy.  It's not like you're watching Schindler's List or anything. 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @Shirogane: Really?  If you're interested in it, I'd encourage you to try it.  Even though it addresses some dark stuff, I didn't ever think it got really heavy.  It's not like you're watching Schindler's List or anything.  "
    True, true. Considering the theme of the game, it's inevitable that you'll come across anything dark but I think it's important that you see it anyway. Besides, there's always a good ending in a lot of things so this shouldn't be any different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.