Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Uncharted 4 has made me realize I don't like video games any more.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimateforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think this is the last game I'm buying for a while, I'm out.

Can someone explain to me what I am missing here? I'm whatever chapter is in Scotland and I think I've seen enough.

I think I've given this game enough chance to get going but I don't have infinite free time to waste on not having fun in hopes something exciting happens. The prison sequence seemed like a drawn out tutorial, but it now seems like that's the depth of the game play. Wait, I got to play Crash Bandicoot again so that was kind of fun for a bit. Only 90s kids will get this!

Hold up and tap either X or O till you reach the end of the brightly illustrated path up a building.

The combat doesn't matter because the AI is pretty clueless and you have infinite health (I'm playing on the default difficulty) so I just kind of go through the motions till the copy and pasted bad guys stop spawning in. The puzzle of "do you know Roman numerals?" really challenged me while I also checked Instagram on my phone at the same time. #catpictures.

An excellent way to break the game is to skip the cut scenes. They are masking loading times and skipping them takes just as long as watching them. Look at my cool lamp.
    An excellent way to break the game is to skip the cut scenes. They are masking loading times and skipping them takes just as long as watching them. Look at my cool lamp.

I watched the quicklook and glanced at the 5/5 review. Yeah I thought the Last of Us was kind of boring, but I'm going to give this AAA big game thing another try. Maybe it's me that's wrong. No, actually, somehow I have the They Live sunglasses and I see that entering an open area with waist high boxes means there's going to be a shoot out just like the Last of Us. Holy shit, Joel, you sure know how to wait for the enemy to stand up! Joel was his name right? I remember it as "Jooal."

This is a game where nothing matters. That fight scene with that one lady? You can't win, you're going out the window no matter what. Just print that on the box. You're going for a ride players, get ready to tap X!

They figured out how to show characters removing clothing on camera, but when Nate rolls his sleeves up it's out of frame. The characters ears glow if they have a light source shining on them. That's cool, I mean, I guess.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean you seem to be getting caught on the most mundane things so yeah maybe it is time for a break.

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sound extremely jaded. Perhaps this game is just not for you, I don't see how that ruins all video games for you though. Just because something receives high praise does not mean that everyone will enjoy it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man..... for a single video game to make you realise you don't like the medium any more..... there are hundreds of different types of video games, genres, and experiences out there. Can't really wrap my head around that.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By xanadu

Cut scenes masking load times has been happening for awhile. But why would you want to skip them in the first place? Also, every game is not uncharted so it seems weird you're quitting all games because you didn't like how one game played.

ultimateforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was using a bit of hyperbole. I will continue to play Streets of Rage 2 once a year.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was using a bit of hyperbole. I will continue to play Streets of Rage 2 once a year.

I dunno man why's all that fuckin' roast chicken just lying around.

ultimateforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell:

Because when you are playing the game you lose health to enemies and can't just run away from them to get it back. Using a special attack also costs health, your only resource, so you have to decide when it's best to use it.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ooooh yeah you tell 'em

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I haven't enjoyed Uncharted since the first one. Apart from the set-pieces and visuals, the Uncharted games are very average.

Maybe just play something else?

ultimateforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bwheeeler:

I am the voice of those who are voiceless. An injury to one is an injury to us all.

bson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, like me, you've grown tired of story driven games. I mostly play multiplayer nowadays, or other games that focus on the actual gameplay (online shooters, fighting games, racing)

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bwheeeler:

I am the voice of those who are voiceless. An injury to one is an injury to us all.

Uh, ok...? We are talking about video games, right?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds to me like you just need something more gameplay-centric. While I'm completely there with you on being fatigued from these "experience" games, I still lose days to games like Hearthstone, Dark Souls, Stellaris, Factorio, Grim Dawn etc etc.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Maybe don't just play AAA games? There are so many good games coming out, if you don't like these rollercoaster thrillrides, seek other things?

kmfrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You kids nowadays and your outrages...

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mathj

man, you just sound ridiculous, sorry but i cant take any part of your argument seriously. you basically just made a forum post to complain that you didnt like the 60 dollar game you bought.

Trenox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe pick up the new DooM? Uncharted is honestly the kind of game id rather watch someone else play (on twitch), because the game play feels like an excuse between story/character banter, but DooM has pretty damn engaging combat. I respect the heck out of the craft that Naughty Dog are putting on display, but its just not for me.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seemed a bit too "witty" to be a serious post, but hey, whatever's the case, these games aren't for everyone like stated above! I don't really care for Streets of Rage 2 myself, except for that great title theme.

ultimateforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ultimateforce

@grulet:

Me think Uncharted 4 is bad game. I toned it down my wit some on this version.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By paulmako

Let me tell you about a game called

Rocket League.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand people who state they're quitting an entire medium because I'm not sure that's a thing you can do. Like how does one quit music? You have to then proceed to quit every single other medium and stick plugs in your ears. How do you quit games?

"Hey Jim do want play some poker?"

"No sir I've quit games!"

"You mean you've grown tired of playing poker?"

"No I'm actually tired of Magic the Gathering and wasting money on trading cards!"

"Do you still enjoy poker?"

"I still enjoy poker and in fact I enjoy it for reasons that cause me to dislike Magic the Gathering!"

"So do you want to play poker then Jim?"

"I want to but you see I've quit games so I can't!"

What.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@grulet:

Me think Uncharted 4 is bad game. I toned it down my wit some on this version.

It's not a bad game, but clearly it isn't for you. There's nothing wrong with that, not every game is for every person.

However, this entire posts comes off as really petty. You clearly don't like this type of game, you knew you didn't beforehand but you bought it anyway. A post like this doesn't accomplish anything other than make you look bitter that something you don't enjoy is incredibly popular and getting tons of praise.

If you wanted to offer up some thoughtful critique about why you don't like the game, go for it. But this type of snarky post complaining about superficial elements of the game accomplishes nothing other than making you look bad.

I urge you to accept that this type of game simply isn't for you, and it's totally fine that other people like it and you don't. Live and let live, move on and play games you actually enjoy while the people that like Uncharted get to enjoy the best entry in the series.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By MezZa

I'd say naughtydog games just aren't for you. They have a specific style to them that some people really like. Play another genre if you want to enjoy games? Or don't. I don't really care if you resolve yourself to only play one specific game once a year or whatever. That's your choice. Your responses to some people just trying to give you suggestions seem needlessly antagonistic though, so I'm not sure why you're sharing your complaint in the first place. Looking for everyone to agree with you to make yourself feel better about the wasted money? Probably not going to happen.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I kinda felt the same way after finishing Uncharted 2 for the first time. This is the game that so many people adored and called one of the best of the year it was released? How extremely underwhelming. It took me a while to realize that the gameplay in the Uncharted games is really subpar, and everyone just really likes the set pieces and how pretty it is and how well-written the witty banter is. Those are all points in its favor, but super-linear cinematic set pieces don't do anything for me.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you skip cut scenes in a heavily story driven game? The game play is not exactly why you buy games like Uncharted 4. You don't play games like Until Dawn or Heavy Rain for the "gameplay".

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This seems better suited for your blog. You don't like the game, that's fine, but there is really nothing for anyone to actually respond to or discuss here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.