Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Multiplayer Beta Extravaganza 3rd - 13th December

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Edit; breaking news, the beta will start tomorrow instead!

The multiplayer beta, available for the folks who bought the Nathan Drake Collection (seperately or in a PS4 bundle), will be starting up this friday and (at the moment) will last at least 'till the 13th day. You won't be able to pre-load the beta client, but at least it's moderately sized, at around 7gb.

I don't think I ever even tried Uncharted 2 multiplayer, but I think I had a few fun sessions in 3. Played TLOU multiplayer for sure at least, even though that probably doesn't compare that well to this, if the trailer is any indication of the chaos and mayhem that takes place. Going to find out personally this time around.

[embeded Youtube video of the multiplayer reveal trailer here, if 'embed' would work at the moment]

...and maybe this deserves another thread, but that IGN link also mentions that Naughty Dog is planning on releasing at least one or possibly two games on PS4 after Uncharted 4. Here's hoping at least the other one will be Savage Starlight....or heck, anything but Uncharted 5 or TLOU 2. I'm 110% sure that I would play both of those games, but I'd definitely like them to tamper with a completely new IP.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloading now, apparently folks over at US will have to wait 'till tomorrow. Team Deathmatch is the only available mode, with two maps modeled after some campaign locations.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@glottery said:

Downloading now, apparently folks over at US will have to wait 'till tomorrow. Team Deathmatch is the only available mode, with two maps modeled after some campaign locations.

I'm in the US, and I'm downloading now. However, I only borrowed the game for a while, and I no longer have the disc. Could someone with the retail version of the Uncharted Collection please try playing the demo without the disc and tell me if it works?

The game is still on my menus, which is how I was able to start downloading the demo in the first place, but I have a slow connection, and I really don't want to spend time finishing the download if it's not going to work without the disc. Thanks to anyone who can help.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By glots

@spaceinsomniac said:
    @glottery said:

I'm in the US, and I'm downloading now. However, I only borrowed the game for a while, and I no longer have the disc. Could someone with the retail version of the Uncharted Collection please try playing the demo without the disc and tell me if it works?

The game is still on my menus, which is how I was able to start downloading the demo in the first place, but I have a slow connection, and I really don't want to spend time finishing the download if it's not going to work without the disc. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Oh, false news then. The info on the store page said, that the beta is restricted to dics and digital owners, but also that "users must have valid application save data from ND Collection saved in their PS4 system storage and PS+ to participate" so maybe disc isn't required. Almost done with the download, so can soon confirm on that.

Edit; Works without a disc, but still gotta have that application save data. Or let's say it at least starts, servers don't seem to be responding at the moment.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery said:

Edit; Works without a disc, but still gotta have that application save data.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for checking. :)

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't one of the things about PS + that you get access to exclusive betas? That idea dried up pretty quickly.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtfikhan said:

Wasn't one of the things about PS + that you get access to exclusive betas? That idea dried up pretty quickly.

If it makes you feel any better, you can't play this particular beta unless you have access to PS Plus.

That... should not make you feel better.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mtfikhan: I believe that idea got defenestrated around the same time PS+ changed from 'bonus features, QoL changes, free full on retail games' to 'mandatory for online play'.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Say my friend bought the Uncharted collection and downloads the beta tonight. Would I potentially be able to download it if I borrowed his copy?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glots

@spraynardtatum said:

Say my friend bought the Uncharted collection and downloads the beta tonight. Would I potentially be able to download it if I borrowed his copy?

I think you can, as long as you install the thing on your HDD so that it creates that save data.

No rush needed, though, the servers are surprisingly a bit wonky. I only got past the main menu now myself and even managed to find a few potential players for a match, but it dried up quickly. I can play the tutorial though and man if it doesn't feel slick as hell! Too bad the singleplayer will be locked to 30fps, because it's real smooooooooooth in action.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See post 5. So yes, as long as you both have the game installed and save data on your hard drive, neither of you should need the actual disc.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@spaceinsomniac: @glottery: Thanks!

On another note: Does the beta have microtransactions or is that something they're just squeezing out of their paying customers when it launches next year? Should I try to hide my wallet and put my "No solicitors" sign in front of my webcam to fend off these Naughty Vultures?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

Have been downloading for like 40 minutes, though the ever slow speeds of PSN guarantee it's going to take another hour...

EDIT: I'm in! Only been able to play the tutorial as of now, though it's least made for a good indicator of how the game proper will play. Everything seems really fluid in motion, though a large part of that is undoubtedly down to the sweet 60. Reloading with triangle feels really weird, however.

Also really like the main menu theme. Sounds like something out of heist movie.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to play three matches, then took a break. Team Deatmatch isn't exactly all too original, but it was still quite fun! Enjoyed the moderately fast and chaotic gameplay.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I suck at this game! I was hoping we'd all be shit together but it's as if everybody else has been playing for an age whereas I'm still just trying to get a feel for the weapons.

cooperb212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i heard alot people are saying its the best MP game of the yea and its a beta. I guess that shows you how bad games like star wars battlefront really were if a beta is having a longer lasting appeal with two maps.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooperb212: It's without a doubt the best playing Uncharted game at the very least. That, and the 60 fps really goes a long way. Really like how fluid everything feels, with the much smoother traversal controls. The aim-assist is rather extreme, though.

cooperb212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@cooperb212: It's without a doubt the best playing Uncharted game at the very least. That, and the 60 fps really goes a long way. Really like how fluid everything feels, with the much smoother traversal controls. The aim-assist is rather extreme, though.

Tell me about it that's console games for you. I played black ops 3 and sometimes i would lock onto someone through a wall and i had no idea they were even there the auto game was that extreme.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.