Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Beat the game. Talk about it? (SPOILERS!)

• 56 results
    mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Finally finished this game. Have been taking it in short bursts because that was about all I can handle. I played each game in the series when they came out, and replayed 1-3 this year via the Nathan Drake Collection. I have some extremely mixed feelings about this game.

Unbridled negativity:

• I think the shooting is as bad or possibly even worse than it has ever been
    • The stealth stuff is pretty half baked, as is the idea that you have to get out of cover to mark people
    • The driving down the mountain + convoy shootout section was super cool looking but controlled very poorly and just wasn't any fun
    • Wandering around the old lady's house with flashlights was incredibly boring and I just wanted it to be over
    • The climbing stuff feels incredibly played out at this point, to the extent that I almost with they would just assassins creed the whole thing and give me a climb button

Good stuff:

• The characters are very well portrayed
    • The story is good for a video game story
    • It's pretty

In all, I'm not sorry to have played it. But, as with the others in the series, I can't help but feel that they mechanics of the game don't live up to the technical prowess and characterization. I ended up putting it in the easiest mode with auto-aim rather the other alternative I was considering, which was to turn it off and watch someone else's playthrough.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Because there's already a thread I didn't see a need to create another one. I finally finished it and...liked it...for the most part.

I really loved the story, characters, acting, look, etc. However I thought it could have been substantially shorter. There were too many parts that dragged on way, way too long and if you failed you had to repeat it over and over again. Maybe I should have played it on the lowest setting. I'm glad I played it, but there's no way I'll replay it or go back and hunt for treasure. I also might be done with Naughty Dog games if this is a new trend.

I'm not sure they're done with the franchise, but I really enjoyed how they finished Nathan's story (especially the epilogue).

Dr_Beaverah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this game doesn't get the shaft during Game of the Year stuff. I'm sure it will end up on someone's list, but I have a feeling it won't get as much love as it should.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat the game and didn't feel like making a new thread. Boy, I really did not enjoy my time with this. The story and writing were mostly uninteresting and generic. Nathan and Sam are completely unlikable. Nadene, the biggest badass in the game eventually became as bored with it as I was and just bounced. There is sooooooooooo much slow walking and climbing in this game with really lame manufactured tension added on top. The game just treats the player with kid gloves the entire time and is terrified of letting them fail. They created a absolutely stunning world that breaks down when you see the video game handrails that ND is shoving you towards. Ok, just got to a new area, time to look for the super obvious ledges to climb or slides or the brand new crates with wheels that have been perfectly preserved despite everything else in here being old and broken down. There are a lot of levels that are big for the sake of being big with the illusion of exploration but they never actually give you any reasons to explore. I mean, you're doing the exact same things at the end of the game that you were doing at the beginning.

The combat is improved over the last games but its still not all that remarkable since the enemies are just kind of boring to fight and are the exact same enemies you've been fighting for 4 games. The game is absolutely gorgeous though. the main thing driving me to finish was to see how the new areas looked so I could use their awesome photo mode. I hope the Uncharted series is dead after this but I know it wont be because its too big now. Naughty Dog is much better than this

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot I had made this. I'm not going to read what I wrote in the first comment, but I will say, though I feel Uncharted 4 has the best story and ends well in my opinion, the game is probably my second least favorite to play of the Uncharted games. I have been trying to get through on hard on and off since I beat it the first time, picking it up again yesterday, and I lack motivation to play more. It just isn't fun enough to me. I probably said it in the first post, but if not, the biggest issue with this game is just the fact The Last of Us exists, because that game is way better to me.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Since this thread just popped up again, I guess I'll share some of my thoughts. I just recently finished my 3rd consecutive playthrough of it and got the platinum trophy.

I think Uncharted 4 is the best game in the series by a country mile. Everything is elevated to such a high level. I loved it. There are so many pay offs for fans of the series. I haven't played an Uncharted game for years and it made me realize how much I love these characters. This game is the culmination of all of Naughty Dog's work. Combining Uncharted 2 with the character development of The Last of Us makes this game so good. It's one of my favorite games of all time as of now.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man reading my post its kinda crazy how forgettable this game was to me. Are they making more of these? I hope not unless they go back to being fun romps and not boring character studies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.