Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

A worthwhile ending - Review roundup

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm not going to read any of them either since I'll be getting the game anyway, but man, dems are some really high scores, including another Gamespot 10/10 only a year since Bayonetta 2. Druckmann & Straley OP.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oddly enough I'm not feeling hyped up about this game. I'm sure it'll be good given Naughty Dog's pedigree and that alone makes me want to support the developer.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This series is always hyped by the press but rarely do i feel they live up to the hype. Apart from the graphics which are always a 10. I kinda know what to expect from Naughty Dog by now, please make a new Jak and Daxter instead.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

I'm sure in the very least it will be a very competent adventure platformer. I'm sure it will have all the strengths and weaknesses of the past iterations, i.e. really great climbing and exploring, but also full of long winded combat sequences. If they solved the whole combat aspect which I always thought wasn't all that great in these games and that Tomb Raider recently did a lot better then it might be the perfect game for me.

EDIT: After watching the GameSpot review I'm glad to see that they included a lot more stealth options allowing you to bypass a lot of the gunfights entirely. I do love these types of games so I'm excited to go on the journey even if I never particularly cared all that much about Nathan Drake.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the series so much. I couldn't be more excited for this! I bought the Limited edition 1TB Uncharted Ps4. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

After really liking Uncharted 2, I didn't even end up finishing 3. Don't quite remember why, but I just lost interest. Maybe I should try the series again...

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's nice to hear they actually wrap it up. I thought 3 was a fine ending which lead to me not having to much interest in this one, but if the ending and game is better than that then I'm on board.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This is good to see! Also happy that both of the PS4 exclusives for the year of 2016 (this and Ratchet and Clank) appear to be quite good. This is, by my reckoning, twice the number of exclusives and worthwhile exclusives for the system!

I jest, slightly. But still, I'm very excited. I also hope this game is widely considered the best of the series so everyone else can stop being wrong about 2 being the best.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

7 Reps out of 10 from The Miller Report; The only review that matters! :D

Loading Video...

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Cool! I don't really want to read any reviews before I play it for myself, but it's good to hear.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ozzdog12

I love the series so much. I couldn't be more excited for this!

I got the Libertalia edition with dat sweet Statue. I have an Uncharted tattoo( a real one) lolo

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cool, looking forward to it.

Funny it's being praised for restraint, as I recently replayed UC3 and there are very long stretches with no shooting whatsoever. Turns out that game's better than I remember.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wasn't particularly hyped about another Uncharted after fatiguing halfway through 3, but this one has now captured my interest.

The new visuals that have emerged are mindblowing. If anyone could have brought the PS4's hardware to its full potential, it was Naughty Dog.

This has got me incredibly excited about the prospect of a Last of Us 2 reveal at E3 this year. Fingers crossed.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I played Uncharted 2 this weekend and really liked it, SO much better than the first one! Suddenly hyped for this one.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozzdog12: What is the tattoo? My fiancée wants a ps4 so I'm getting the Uncharted console and giving her my old one. I can barely contain my excitement!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

The hype is real. Pre-order officially booked, halfway through Uncharted 2 remastered and a little sullen I likely don't have time to get through UC3 (my personal favorite of the original three). I absolutely cannot wait. I'll likely replay Last of Us Remastered and Left Behind after UC4 as well. It's Naughty Dog Season!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Know what sucks? I decided to replay 1 through 3 before 4 comes out to refresh my memory.... I still haven't started 3. So while everyone is playing the new game, mine will be on the shelf while I try and race through 3 as quickly as I can with my schedule

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Great! Gonna try and stay relatively dark about it going forward. Might watch a quick look though.

Any word on co-op?

BrettVandelay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see it reviewing well.

Funny how IGN won't release an official review until launch day because they need to test the live servers. (Like anyone cares about Uncharted 4's multiplayer)

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just cost me 52bux on amazon now, and will be my first physical ps4 game in a long time lol. I've loved every uncharted game, even the first one so I'm confident i'll like this one even if the writing team changed slightly.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rejizzle said:

After really liking Uncharted 2, I didn't even end up finishing 3. Don't quite remember why, but I just lost interest. Maybe I should try the series again...

Agreed, same here. I intend to finish 3 before going into 4, but I barely cared about it at release and got maybe 6-8 hours in and just never picked it up again yet. BUt I can tell I'm gonna love 4 based on what I've seen and heard!

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, a good reason to turn on my PS4. I don't think I've played anything on a disc on that system since Bloodborne. Now I'm really looking forward to Tuesday.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brayvonmartin: People are losing their shit in the comment section too. It's quite hilarious.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Definitely very excited for this game, though 3 put me to sleep lol. Loved 1 & 2 and 4 looks spectacular and one of the very rare modern cases that seems to show the potential of closed systems.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: There's some form of co-op coming for the multiplayer, but nothing for the story if that's what you're wondering.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grulet said:

@theht: There's some form of co-op coming for the multiplayer, but nothing for the story if that's what you're wondering.

Good to know! Co-op in Uncharted 2 and 3 was a ton of fun.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The only review I read was Dan's (and thanks Dan for being as non-spoilery as possible) - I'm SO happy this game turned out well.

Hopefully this will come close to The Last of Us in terms of general good-ness.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@theht said:
    @grulet said:

Good to know! Co-op in Uncharted 2 and 3 was a ton of fun.

Though you should know the coop will be added in post-release; no coop modes at launch unfortunately.

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Know what sucks? I decided to replay 1 through 3 before 4 comes out to refresh my memory.... I still haven't started 3. So while everyone is playing the new game, mine will be on the shelf while I try and race through 3 as quickly as I can with my schedule

Ugh, I am doing the same thing. I am still on 2 and loving it all over again but am getting psyched for 4. Not sure if I can hold off long enough to play through 3 again!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably just wait for the co-op to come out.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pompouspizza: Just the Sic Parvis Magna in the font that's on the ring.(I also have that ring too) I have a problem......

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozzdog12: haha, that's cool. Just a heads up...I watched an unboxing video of the collectors edition earlier and they said don't look at the art book before you have finished the game as it spoils something pretty big.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

God the comments section of that IGN review is a real shit show. Like, didn't the crew talk about it on the bombcast about people who take review scores too seriously? Not to mention the 8.8 controversy being brought up. Shit has not changed in 10 years after that dreaded Twilight Princess review

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolarman: What are people saying? Is it just anger over the 8.8? People can be so stupid sometimes.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@pompouspizza: Oh its typical "HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE THIS AT LEAST A TEN BECAUSE ITS A MASTER PIECE" nonsense. Also on top of that, the person who reviewed it for IGN was a woman so a bunch of nonsense feminism talk is being brought up because she gave rise of the tomb raider a higher score than this.

Its not only a flashback to 8.8 twilight princess but also when Carolyn Petit gave GTA V a 9 but not a 10 on Gamespot. People crying over wanting these so called "objective game reviews" that have never existed in the first place.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pompouspizza

@coolarman: UGH! That's why I try to stay away from comment sections. The idea of an objective review is ridiculous and it baffles me that people think that it's possible or that if it was, it would be remotely interesting.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

You can play Crash Bandicoot in the game. I dunno why I laughed as hard as I did at that part.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NTM

I'll get the game today, or try to. My only (maybe biggest rather than only) issue right now is that I'm in the middle of Dark Souls 3, and I kind of wanted to finish it before this, but I guess I'll have to put DS3 on hold for now... The issue with it is that, as much as I want to love playing through this, and very well might, in the back of my head I'll probably still want to play Dark Souls 3, and that takes my focus off one or another, which isn't good. That all said, I did put Demon's and Dark Souls on hold since their release until very recently, so maybe it won't be so bad, ha ha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.