Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trine

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 02, 2009

Trine is a fantasy 2D side-scroller for PC and PlayStation 3 that lets you switch between three different characters to solve puzzles and find treasure.

anyone else having severe framrate issues?

Avatar image for thirdeyepryedopen
    ThirdEyePryedOpen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThirdEyePryedOpen

the game was practically unplayable until i changed the level of graphic detail to very low. its not as if my pc is rediculously shitty or anything, im running it on a year old laptop, and have a GeForce 8600 series nvidia card with physX intalled.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well it may not support the M series properly, even though it can run. Manuals always state as much. 

I doubt the M series can handle PysX required as well as desktop variations can. Download the latest  drivers and your and keep your settings minimal.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cspiffo

Your first issue is you're trying to game new games on a laptop.  The 8600 was never a really good card to begin with for modern games.  The fact that it's the M series card doesn't do you any favors either.  It's more useful for multimedia such as HD video.  Trine is a very Physics heavy game that challenges even the more advanced desktop cards on the market.

btw, physX is in these older cards is a software implementation and not hardware based.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Akeldama

i was but i also had to install a new driver pack for my card. A quick reboot sorted that out. 

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lunarbunny
    ThirdEyePryedOpen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThirdEyePryedOpen

oh well. i updated my drivers already and it still runs like shit. anyways the gameplay more than makes up for this imo so im happy i could get it to run at a steady framerate at all.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By TheHBK

Remember, nVidia severley fucked up with the 8600m so it might be that you just have a really crappy chip.  Go read about it, that laptop may not be meant for games anymore, go shoot it out back.

ThirdEyePryedOpen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThirdEyePryedOpen

ah really i do next to no pc gaming so didnt know. the last pc game i played was zeno clash, and before that KOTOR.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Lunarbunny

While I know about the 8600M fuckups, my Vostro 1500 I got before the news broke does decently and it's running the 8600M.

I'll admit I haven't tried Trine on it. If you're running antialiasing at all though, turn it off - the game uses deferred shading/lighting and therefore the antialiasing is supersampling - it literally renders at 2x or 4x the size of the display resolution.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.