Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

Which mod are you most excited for?

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By universalize

Roma Surrectum most definitely because the 2nd one is undisputed when it comes to RTW mods

Aristides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Aristides

I used to be a (very very small) part of the Rome: Total Realism mod team, I wonder if there's any chance in hell of the people who put that together coming back for another RTR.

RTR expanded the map almost twice its original size and strove (with mixed success) to make the game more historically accurate.

Either way I am totally excited about a new Rome! :D

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By falling_fast

Europa Barbarorum. probably my favourite mod ever.

Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Forderz

I hope they allow for mods of the scope and complexity of RTR or EB. I haven't played any of their games after Medival II, and the things I hear from Shogun II and Empire are not comforting.

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By universalize

@Forderz: i wonder why they chose to no longer support modability in their newer total wars?

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay so TWR2 looks great for a hollywood game but compared to Roma Surrectum II's historical accuracy and great detail it lacks severely. too bad kinda looks like CA will continue to follow the lack of modability for their games

Hewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@universalize:

To sell DLC. What good is it to sell new factions or even time periods when a modder can do it, and give you it for free.

All we can expect, modding-wise, from this game is what Darth did with Darth Mod (go to twcenter and check it out if you wanna know more). There were a few other 'big' mods, too, but a lot of them got abandoned. Every patch that was released by CA broke something in almost every mod, can't blame them for giving up.

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewitt: yeah i'm aware of darth pretty much a mod released for every tw game and their expansions

Hewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@universalize:

The one and the same. He said something about the new Finale version of his Shogun mod being his last Total War mod. I don't know if he was talking about the franchise itself or just the Shogun series, though. Either way that man does good work with what he has.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By capt_ventris

@hewitt:

@universalize

UPDATE: They are having a Mod summit in September!!!!

A bit late but I actually got to ask the devs at PAX Aus about modding for RTW 2.

They said they have put a lot more work into the toolset for modders and have been working at better Steam Workshop integration. Also there is meant to be an event for modders later this month. So here is hoping RTW 2 is the most mod friendly of the Total War series.

Oh and I really hope DarthMod comes out of retirement again to work his awesome magic

Hewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capt_ventris:

Dude! If that's true I'm gonna be a happy f****** panda! If it's anywhere near as open as Medieval 2 (Stainless Steel mod was awesome) then we should get some good stuff :)

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By universalize

@capt_ventris: crap sorry for the mega late reply, but damn if that is true i really hope it will be as mod friendly as Medieval II.

but in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RHQYKv2SRk he mentions that it would be more similar to Shogun II modding which would be a big bummer, i really dont know why CA started in that type of route

maccyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maccyd

More fantasy mods ala Third Age: Total War!

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By capt_ventris

@universalize: I remember that they said the complexity of the game engine they used significantly increased from Empire on. It kind of showed to, they did not really have a full handle on their own engine till 6 months after release!

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.