Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk: RIDE

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The tenth game in the Tony Hawk series, RIDE featured the use of a newly conceived skateboard peripheral in an attempt, by Activision, to reboot the series.

Should I have done it?

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

In a futile trip to Walmart in an attempt to finish up Christmas shopping, I saw not one, but two, hapless parents with the Tony Hawk Ride board package in their cart.

I was literally fighting myself to avoid turning around and telling them that buying that game for their son (/daughter?) might make a happy Christmas, but it was going to make a miserable New Year's, once they work out the game

Half of me says its none of my business, but the other half feels like the Grinch for letting that 88 dollars be wasted, instead of used on much better games. Would you have stopped them?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

No, it only makes looking for a Christmas gift more stressful on the parents. 

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Dumb parents are gonna do what dumb parents are gonna do.  I try to steer them in the right direction if they seem to actually want help, but no one wants to be told that what they've decided to buy sucks after they've already decided to buy it.  You did the right thing staying silent, dude.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

You shoulda slapped em!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By fwylo

How would you feel, if your parents gave you Tony Hawk: Ride, and after told you the story of how they were in the store.  Some nerdy looking guy with a t-shirt with a weird bomb on it, came up to them and started to say something, but then just ran away.  And you thought to yourself.  Damn, he was going to tell them to get a different game, but he didn't. And now I have this stupid board.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By delta_ass

They've got the receipt, they can return the thing.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ki11tank

or the kid could have been retarded and asked for RIDE... what parent gets a kid a game they haven't asked for thats insanity imo.  when i was a kid and i asked for the original syphon filter i expected fucking syphon filter....

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By sixghost
    @Delta_Ass said:
    " They've got the receipt, they can return the thing. "
    I doubt stores are going to let you return an opened tony hawk ride, they are practically begging people to thake those things.
    Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
    @sixghost: 

that was my thought. although, with the Chistmas season and everything, theyre generally pretty lax with returns.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Bigandtasty

Nah. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for them; the kids will be more mindful of what games their parents buy, and the parents more mindful of what games are good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.