Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

Tomb raider Xbox one definite edition

TommyCrosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The game seems to have frame rate problems during certain moments. Like when you go into the cave with the giant machine gun and search light. It never has problems during the set pieces. The frame rate issues seem to happen when thief are lots of enemy's on screen. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks for reading

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think that's just the game dude. Nothing really you can do.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can blame United Front for that one.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Why would you make this thread in off-topic?

I've corrected this, but please take care to create threads in a more specific forum in the future.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm surprised to hear the XB1 version has framerate issues, as the PS4 version is silky smooth from beginning to end. I'm sure it isn't locked at 60, but it's at a reasonably high framerate that it never mattered to me. There's no reason that the XB1 version couldn't also match the PS4 I would think besides a shoddy port job. Like, yeah, it's less powerful, but it should surely be able to run a last gen game well you would think. Sunset Overdrive for example runs at a perfectly locked 30 and there's constant chaos happening throughout. Dead Rising 3 is another great example, too. That world gets to be fucking swamped in zombies, and the framerate stays steady throughout.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mustainium

@yummylee:

For whatever reason, SE decided to have each version ported by different teams.

Nixxes, who are masters of port work, developed the ps4, while United Front (Sleeping Dogs guys) handled the Xbone.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard as well, that the Xbone version runs worse than the PS4 one. Haven't personally tried, but I'll take everyone's word for it. That'll probably change with the sequel, seeing how it'll be out on Xbone first.

Also, except for downloading patches that might improve some techincal flaws, there's nothing you can do to boost a game's performance on your console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.