Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

My game of the year!

• 55 results
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Tennmuerti

@ntm said:

@tennmuerti said:

@ntm said:

@jz: :P Perhaps. I mean, the other game I mentioned, Metro Last Light is a pretty good stealth game too.

Last Light is an absolutely terrible stealth game. This is one aspect that almost everyone says is super weak in the game. After people complained how stealth was too hard in 2033, the developers went completely the other way and made it super simple and easy. You have several instakill options that don't alert anyone, including infinite stealth throwing knifes, and you can literally stand right in front of human enemies faces without them seeing you, because it's 100% stealth as long as you're in shadow.

Last Light is a good stealth game, but it's really quite unrealistic, and yes, it is simple, even more so when you turn the brightness down since you know exactly where you can and can't go. It makes for a quick way through it. I didn't mind it much. I'd love to play Metro 2033 though.

If you can call naughts and crosses a good strategy game, sure, it's about in the same ballpark :/

(and while we are at it I will admit naughts and crosses has a certain elegance to it, despite being simplistic; if at least expanded to a borderless 5 point variation)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Tennmuerti

@pimblycharles said:
    @tennmuerti said:

@ntm said:

@jz: :P Perhaps. I mean, the other game I mentioned, Metro Last Light is a pretty good stealth game too.

Last Light is an absolutely terrible stealth game. This is one aspect that almost everyone says is super weak in the game. After people complained how stealth was too hard in 2033, the developers went completely the other way and made it super simple and easy. You have several instakill options that don't alert anyone, including infinite stealth throwing knifes, and you can literally stand right in front of human enemies faces without them seeing you, because it's 100% stealth as long as you're in shadow.

I agree it's a terrible stealth game, but it's still a really damn fun game. In fact, it had more of an impact on me than any other game this year, which makes it my GOTY by a far run. Not only did I absolutely enjoy the story and game play, but it actually helped me of my fear of spiders. Never has a game had that type of impact on me, and it's hard to explain how Metro Last Light accomplished it.

Totally, it's a solid game overall.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

really great game. It looks fantastic on the PC and the missions and level designs are great (back to old school stealth espionage ness of the series). As an Iranian, this game is hilarious. The bad guy's farsi is terrrible in the best way possible and the fact that they make Iran out to be this bad ass military nation is hilarious to me.

Peeps, if you are playing on the PC add me on steam (theveej) I want to play some co op and some spy vs merc; but none of my friends are playing this.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By NTM

@tennmuerti: I agree with you entirely that it's too easy, but some of that was intentional by the developer, as you probably know. I said it was unrealistic in many ways as well, but still, overall, I enjoyed my time with it. It may not be as intricate as other fine stealth games or as smart, and I can understand that it would take one out of the moment, but for me, it didn't bother me all that much. Other stealth games have their problems too. I just had fun going through it without trying to kill anyone.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just finished it last night. Great game, pretty sure it'll end up on my GOTY list. Tom Clancy games are some of the only where I find myself considering just skipping cut scenes, but Black List actually had a interesting/followable story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.