Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Any good PC reviews of this game yet?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Ubi has a god awful history when it comes to PC and I'm trying to decide on getting this game or not. The only reason I want it is because the Spys VS Mercs mode is one of my all time favourites, but I found it long after everyone else had stopped so I never got a chance to get into it for very long as no one was playing.

The main reason I worry, besides Ubi's terribly reputation on their PC games in general, is because I bought some of their past SC games during a Steam sale and they were unplayable garbage. It was so bad that in the tutorials they just said "Press the action key to interact with this" and then would proceed to never tell you what the damn button was and forced you to pause the game, esc to the settings, load the key changer, and then sift through the list to find what you wanted. And if you forgot? Back through the menu all over again! It was that sloppy of a port job.

So has anyone found any good PC focused reviews that talk about how it plays on PC?

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JouselDelka

Try PC Gamer and RockPaperShotgun

okand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here, if the PC version is any good I'd love to buy it.

I remember trying to play the Double Agent multiplayer at a LAN and everyone timing out because the load from the lobby into the game was so long.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

According to the developers the game is built for PC with lots of graphical options and Dx11 features. You can also buy cd-keys for the deluxe version of the game dirt cheap on eBay as a lot of people got the game free with video cards. (I got the game for less than $30)

Leon O'Reilly: Gamers will enjoy significant improvements in Splinter Cell Blacklist. For the PC, our big new feature is a complete DX11 rendering engine. This allows our team to add a wealth of great rendering effects like tessellation, parallax mapping, improved ambient occlusion, contact hardening shadows and enhanced anti-aliasing, which make this truly the most impressive Splinter Cell game to date. We're very proud of the new features in Splinter Cell Blacklist, and we can't wait for our fans to get their hands on the game this August.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,1077934/PC-version-is-shaping-up-to-be-something-special-Interview-with-the-devs-of-Splinter-Cell-Blacklist/News/

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Haven't seen one yet. If there isn't til it comes out, I would probably just hop on the Steam forum and see what people are saying on the 20th.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haven't seen one yet. If there isn't til it comes out, I would probably just hop on the Steam forum and see what people are saying on the 20th.

or just read my post, after Conviction I dunno how people can be worried, that game is great on PC.

mbkgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its far better than Conviction. IF you liked conviction to any degree, you will love blacklist

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ubisoft has a bad history with PC? Really?

Both Far Cry 3 and AC 3 looked so much better on PC and ran beautifully. I don't recall any problems with AC2&BR, Trials, Driver SF, Rayman or Ghost Recon either, what am I missing?

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Vextroid

Both Far Cry 3 and AC 3 looked so much better on PC and ran beautifully. I don't recall any problems with AC2&BR, Trials, Driver SF, Rayman or Ghost Recon either, what am I missing?

Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC was pretty bad.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Jnal

Blacklist had a 1.7gb day one patch and it still took a bit to finally get working. For some reason it only wants to launch in windowed mode which didn't even do that before the patch for me. I still can't select fullscreen so I have to hide my taskbar and do borderless in order to get it to fullscreen. Other than that though its really good.

razeeverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No problems cranking the game to max on my GTX 680. Looks great on PC. Dont see any of the screen tearing during cut scenes that i heard about in the console reviews.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By expensiveham

Trials was a terrible PC port. Networking is shit and making a lobby top play with friends is a hassle. Several of my friends also had issues with poor framerates and we all had the game crash several times. Does not help that Ubisoft forces uPlay onto you, it is an insecure, poorly planned and unnecessary platform.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This game runs on ureal 2.5 (which is pretty old) but they sex'd it up a bit for the PC. So this is a larger than normal jump from console to PC.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.