Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Blood and Wine ending outcomes (SPOILERS!)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Not sure if anyone here has finished it, but I wanted to talk about the endings, and if Ciri was the only character that could have been at your vineyard in the end. So, I looked it up just now, and it seems I got the good ending. Anna and Syanna both survived, though I didn't know you could spare Detlaff; it wasn't a choice for me, so Regis had to go into hiding, though he seemed happy nonetheless. In the end, though I liked that Ciri was there, I was expecting Syanna to be there when the mission popped up just as you leave the campfire. She talked about happy endings, and you having to wait and see what she means when you were in the fairy tale book (which was awesome to me), but she wasn't there. The reason I thought this was because she talked about needing a man (that's pretty much, exactly what she said too), and you could choose to get down with her. What ending did you get? This will have spoilers as I've already mentioned, but I put things in spoiler tags anyways just in case.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zeik

I didn't even realize Ciri was a possibility. I got Yen, since she was my love interest. It was a nice conclusion to that romance subplot, but I would have liked to see Ciri once more too.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I had no idea Ciri could show up at the end there. I loved seeing Yen, but it would have been great to see Ciri as well. In looking up a trophy I missed it seems there's a "bad" ending where Geralt gets thrown in jail at the end, but everything got wrapped up nice and happy for me as well (other than Regis having to leave Toussaint, but I get the sense that's not terrible for him anyway).

I liked that this expansion acknowledged that the main story happened and is actually canonically set after those events. I loved Hearts of Stone, but the way it kind of forced a romance between Geralt and Shani really rubbed me the wrong the way, especially because I played it right after finishing the story and getting the epilogue text basically saying Geralt and Yen lived happily ever after.

Blood and Wine, more specifically that last little post credit scene, does a great job of putting a bow on The Witcher 3 and definitively closing the book on Geralt.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pcorb

If you don't pursue Yennefer or Triss and Ciri doesn't become a Witcher, Dandelion shows up. Truly the darkest of all possible endings.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@pcorb: @ll_exile_ll: @zeik: I think the reason Ciri came was because I fiddled with both Triss and Yennefer (and I didn't just do it to watch them have sex either, but I actually liked them both.) I was hoping that it'd really go 'fantasy' and let you be with both, ha ha. Right. No, but in this, I was hoping that instead of someone from the main game, as much as I liked that, it would have been Syanna, so my Geralt can finally be in love with someone, and be with them. I haven't checked, but I doubt I can run back to the castle area and there'd be a cutscene where they'd meet up again. It wouldn't necessarily make sense I understand, one considering what Syanna had done, and two, they just have no history, but still. To Exile, I think it would only seem to canonically fit if you had finished the main game first, otherwise it could probably work otherwise, though it leaving out stuff, so I of course recommend everyone play the main game first, and DLC second. And yeah, it wrapped up well enough. pcorb - that'd be funny to see Dandelion. Is that what you got, or you saw that, that can happen?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ntm: I mean, I know you can technically play Blood and Wine before the end of the game, but it's set after the story. The fact that the content level scales from the late 30s well into the 40s means it'd be pretty hard to even do it before the end of the game. Doing pretty much all the content in the main game left me around like level 37 at the end, which is right around where Blood and Wine starts.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@ll_exile_ll: Yep, that's true. It is made to be played after the main story, but I'm just saying, I'm sure if someone managed, they'd be able to see it as something that came before. I agree with what you said, I was just saying though.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShadyPingu

So mine wrapped up as happily as I could've imagined - Syanna lives, sisters reconcile, Geralt and Yen stomp on grapes for the rest of their lives.

I love Geralt's knowing smile at the end. He knows he's seen some shit and deserves a long, uneventful rest. Miss you already, buddy.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By odinsmana

I got the good ending too. It seems like most people stumbled into it. I got Triss coming to visit. I didn`t know Ciri could even show up. I would maybe have liked that even more. Though it`s apparently doubly impossible because I got the empress Ciri ending.

If anyone is wondering there are three different endings:

1. Happy ending, sisters reconcile.

2. Sad ending, Syanna murders Henrietta and then gets killed herself.

3. Syanna dies and Geralt is temporarily thrown in jail.

I am still pissed that Syanna got let off the hook at the end (or so it seemed). She is still responsible for some horrible crimes even though she doesen`t hate her sister anymore. That actually soured me a bit on that ending.

Edit: Also on a side note. Beyond hill and dale or whatever that quest was called was so good!

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine ended with both Anna and Syanna dying, Yennefer moved herself in, Regis and I talked for a bit at a campfire where he decided to get the fuck outta town and head south, and I felt the ending was bittersweet. I really wish there were more expansions in the works for this masterpiece of a game. I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077!

ExK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ExK4

I got the ending where both sisters die, and honestly it seemed like more fitting of an ending than the "good ending" would have been. I was unwilling to buy into Syanna's "victim of circumstance" bullshit and wanted her to be held accountable for her actions. I actually really appreciated it ending like a proper Shakespearean tragedy.

crunksmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am surprised they can both survive. How do you do that?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am surprised they can both survive. How do you do that?

You have to get the ribbon from the matchstick girl(/drug dealer) when you're in the storybook world.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cerberus3dog

EDIT: Just saw a previous post saying that Dandelion shows up if Ciri didn't become a Witcher. Thank god I got Ciri then.

I had Ciri show up as a witcher even though in the original game she went back to Nilfgaard to be the empress. That was weird and wasn't explained. Maybe they didn't account for all the Ciri ending variants? I did mess up the romances in the main game so maybe there was no one else for Geralt to come home too haha.

No Caption Provided

crunksmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I did that. She still killed her sister.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I did that. She still killed her sister.

Did you not pursure the information about the final target near the end? Or perhaps you didn't say the right thing to lead to a change of heart?

crunksmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I did pursue it. What would I say in the conversations?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I did pursue it. What would I say in the conversations?

It was more or less that her sister cares about her more than she thinks and there's still a chance for things to be different.

crunksmcgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Odd those didn't seem to come up for me.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fetchfox

@zeik: Odd those didn't seem to come up for me.

When you confront Syanna in the tower (after getting the last clues), you have to ask her if she could forgive Anna. This opens the happy ending. I got that and Yen, all roses and chocolate.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By odinsmana

@crunksmcgee: When talking to Syanna in the tower you need to correctly state that she wanted to kill her sister because Henrietta forgot about her (which you can only do if you talk to Syanna about her past while in the fairytale world, more specifically right after the red riding hood part) then you have to say that Syanna should forgive her sister.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fetchfox

@cerberus3dog: I've seen a version with dialogue for Ciri if she became empress, so they definitely accounted for it. Maybe something went awry in your game, strange.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow. That's really awesome. I had no idea Ciri could show up. I just assumed it was either Yen or Triss. And there's even an option for Dandelion showing up? That's all pretty cool, actually.

I'm not so sure Syanna will get off scot free. I mean, she might...but she's royalty. If there's anything The Witcher universe, books and games, have shown us is that having royal blood means alot in that world, and it affords alot of luxuries because of how important it is. I think about how Roache sparing or killing the king in Witcher 2 was a major plot point about how royalty can get away with crimes no normal person can. But, I can see Syanna still having a trial where the death penalty is taken off the table.

By the way, I didn't go the Unseen Elder route, but how did they treat Orianna and how that wraps around to the launch trailer the game had when Wild Hunt was released?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.