Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Saboteur

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

The Saboteur is a action-packed, free-roaming sandbox game that takes place in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Drive the Nazis out of Paris through whatever means necessary as Irish mechanic-turned-race-car-driver-turned-soldier-of-fortune Sean Devlin.

The Saboteur

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sunjammer

Been playing The Saboteur on the PC, and while it's really quite broken in some regards (performance is ABYSMAL, lapsing into brutal stuttering), I'm still really enjoying it. 

I think it's sad that it's gotten such meh reviews. It definitely has big problems, but for all its stealing of ideas it comes off as pretty fresh to me. Maybe it's the setting, or getting to play a WW2 game that finally thinks cackling mad Nazis are sweet villains, and that it's perfectly okay for a bombing Irishman to say "top of the mornin' to ya" to prostitutes.

It deserves to be played, and not just discarded for its similarity to more polished games. It pilfers from EVERYBODY, but the core play of rampaging through Paris and setting off bombs and carrying out inpromptu assassinations really works for me. The moment you settle into the role of a murdering dickish drunkard in an insane American comic book idea of Paris and let the cartoony bullshit fly, it comes into its own.

I recommend a rental, at least. It might surprise you. Surprised me a good  bit, and i didn't think Pandemic pulled off a good game since Mercs 1.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

Been playing The Saboteur on the PC, and while it's really quite broken in some regards (performance is ABYSMAL, lapsing into brutal stuttering), I'm still really enjoying it. 

I think it's sad that it's gotten such meh reviews. It definitely has big problems, but for all its stealing of ideas it comes off as pretty fresh to me. Maybe it's the setting, or getting to play a WW2 game that finally thinks cackling mad Nazis are sweet villains, and that it's perfectly okay for a bombing Irishman to say "top of the mornin' to ya" to prostitutes.

It deserves to be played, and not just discarded for its similarity to more polished games. It pilfers from EVERYBODY, but the core play of rampaging through Paris and setting off bombs and carrying out inpromptu assassinations really works for me. The moment you settle into the role of a murdering dickish drunkard in an insane American comic book idea of Paris and let the cartoony bullshit fly, it comes into its own.

I recommend a rental, at least. It might surprise you. Surprised me a good  bit, and i didn't think Pandemic pulled off a good game since Mercs 1.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By snide

Agree with you. I've been enjoying this one quite a bit as well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah even with all its faults, i've put alot of hours into thus far and definatley plan to see it through to the end. I doubt i'll start again ona higher difficulty though, just because how repetitive the game is already starting to become =/
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon

This is the vibe I've been getting from the reviews I've read. It doesn't get the highest score, but nearly everyone who's played it says that there's a major fun-factor. I'm in no rush to play it, but when I get some time I'll be sure to check it out.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

couldnt agree more.. 12 hours in and im still only beginning

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By themartyr

I really want to get this game. Hopefully will pick it up in the January sales.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

I think I'm picking this one up after Christmas.  I've been hearing, above all else, it's a fun game, and that's all I really ask out of my games.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Or the fact that they did not even use a real Irishman to voice the main character. Such a shame, makes us true men from Dublin sad. ; )

Other than that, it's a great game.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By themartyr

Apparently it is a true irishman @CornontheCobbe

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.