Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

You know what this game actually fucking rules.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1

It's not as good as Wind Waker but it's still fantastic by anyone's standards. Certainly one of the best action/adventure games I've ever played.  Damn it now I wanna play it again.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Obvious statement is obvious.  :)

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jost1
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Obvious statement is obvious.  :) "
    Fast reply! 

Well, there's been some backlash since it got released wouldn't you say?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @josty81 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    Fast reply!   Well, there's been some backlash since it got released wouldn't you say? "
    Yeah, maybe a little. Zelda fans can be crazy though.
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jost1

Totally. I started the series with Wind Waker and I've played the all the others since then, maybe that gave me a different perspective I dunno. I just think the dungeons and bosses in this game are expertly designed. If I had one complaint it would be that the overworld is slightly hard to navigate since it's more like a series of corridors than an actual "world"

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I found it boring.  I loved the other Zelda games I played before it, but TP was the only one I had to convince myself to finish.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ZeroCast
    @josty81 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

Fast reply!   Well, there's been some backlash since it got released wouldn't you say? "
    What backlash? It has been out for 4 years, what has been said about the game is done and over with. One mans review and the whole internet goes into meltdown.   

Yes, you found it great, others didn't and you know what? That was their experience. Leave it to be.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As someone who isn't the biggest fan of the Zelda Franchise, I don't really like TP. I personally think that the game feels like it is going through the motions of a Zelda game, and in any aspect where they had the option to change something or keep it the same, they kept it the same to its own detriment. It just came off as soulless to me. It's competently made for sure (and I would rather play it than Majora's Mask, but that's another story), but that doesn't make it any less of a bummer.

Wind Waker, for all it's obnoxious design (Sailing, the triforce scavenger hunt at the end of the game), felt like a Zelda game made with effort.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jost1
    @ZeroCast said:
    " @josty81 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

What backlash? It has been out for 4 years, what has been said about the game is done and over with. One mans review and the whole internet goes into meltdown.   

Yes, you found it great, others didn't and you know what? That was their experience. Leave it to be. "
    Hey, I've got zero problems with people not liking it :)
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ZeroCast said:
    " @josty81 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

Yes, you found it great, others didn't and you know what? That was their experience. Leave it to be. "
    I don't see how talking about the game being good is an issue. You're really asking others not to discuss something on an internet forum because you personally don't feel like talking about it? You could just avoid this thread.
    VideoGameMobes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By VideoGameMobes

This game is totally a Legend of Zelda game.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rjayb89

The only Zelda game I've played from start to finish was The Ocarina of Time.  I watched my friend play some of this and it seemed pretty good, so nice to hear it turned out well from you, josty82.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skytylz
    @josty81: I own it, but I've never really gotten into it (only like an hour and a half in).  Does it get better?
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I enjoyed this game more than Wind Waker and find it better.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I really loved Twilight Princess, I thought it was a great mix of callbacks to stuff like Ocarina of Time and new and original content. One of my favourite Wii games if not my favourite.

Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blueman

Yep, this game is awesome. Aside from the fetch quest near the end, that is.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dbz1995

omg lyk its so gd ytf did jeff give it a 8.9

I really want to get the game for Gamecube, since I don't have a Wii.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Illmatic

Other than the boss battles, I really loved the game as well. My only gripes were the boss battles as said before (I felt they were way too easy) and I just didn't feel as much of a drive to do side exploring as I have in earlier zeldas. The aesthetic and design of the boss battles were awesome though. The spider and the snow monster's wife come to mind for sure. As a matter of fact, the whole snow monster's temple was a fantastic experience. I didn't even realize I was going through a temple till I got about halfway through.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jost1
    @dbz1995 said:
    " omg lyk its so gd ytf did jeff give it a 8.9  I really want to get the game for Gamecube, since I don't have a Wii. "
    I'd say Jeff's score is right on the money. 8.9 is a really good score. This game is really good.

@Skytylz said:
    " @josty81: I own it, but I've never really gotten into it (only like an hour and a half in).  Does it get better? "

The first hour is by far the least exciting. Gets a LOT better from there.
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jost1
    @Illmatic said:
    " Other than the boss battles, I really loved the game as well. My only gripes were the boss battles as said before (I felt they were way too easy) and I just didn't feel as much of a drive to do side exploring as I have in earlier zeldas. The aesthetic and design of the boss battles were awesome though. The spider and the snow monster's wife come to mind for sure. As a matter of fact, the whole snow monster's temple was a fantastic experience. I didn't even realize I was going through a temple till I got about halfway through. "
    That was one of the best Zelda dungeons ever. Very seamlessly done. Loved it.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZeroCast
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @ZeroCast said:

" @josty81 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

I don't see how talking about the game being good is an issue. You're really asking others not to discuss something on an internet forum because you personally don't feel like talking about it? You could just avoid this thread. "
    I have absolutely no problem when it comes to having a constructive conversation about said game. It's an issue though when - like you said - zelda fans get crazy and that's what I was trying to say. I was only trying to elaborate the "backlash" part which always seems to create a fuss out of nothing.

@OP: I played some of Twilight Princess back in January and it felt like...an old game. Links movement was disoriented by continues overlapping and I just didn't want to go through the "tutorial" level but  instead right into the action. So I stopped playing since then but I still want to go back with big hope that its a great Zelda game and maybe then I could form a coherent opinion and write about my own experience with it :).
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By TheFreeMan

TP is my second favourite Zelda, right behind Wind Waker. Some of the dungeons could have been better, but the bosses were the best in the series, I thought. This thread reminds me that I need to play through it again.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Claude

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game. Majora's Mask is second. So yeah, pretty awesome game.

hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By hostile

The only problem I had with Twilight Princess was that I wished it was a more succinct experience. I believe I spent 50+ hours playing it. I can't remember how much I loved OoT so at the moment it's my second favorite Zelda right below LttP.

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By paradox121
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " I enjoyed this game more than Wind Waker and find it better. "
    I always find that while the sailing in WW bored me to death at the time, it feels like a gorgeous game on reflection. The art style alone is stunning.

@Illmatic said:
    " Other than the boss battles, I really loved the game as well. My only gripes were the boss battles as said before (I felt they were way too easy) and I just didn't feel as much of a drive to do side exploring as I have in earlier zeldas. The aesthetic and design of the boss battles were awesome though. The spider and the snow monster's wife come to mind for sure. As a matter of fact, the whole snow monster's temple was a fantastic experience. I didn't even realize I was going through a temple till I got about halfway through. "
    Easily one of my favourite Zelda dungeons too, ironically, because it wasnt a dungeon. Hopefully they'll be more inventive and get away from temples and caves and what not in the next one.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Agreed, I really enjoyed it. 
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By TehFlan

TP and OoT are the only Zelda games I've actually finished. 
    Of course, that isn't to say I didn't like the other ones, I just have a tendency of not completing games for some reason.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Best Zelda since A link to the past.
    Hated oot, liked majoras mask, detested completely wind waker...  I loved Twilight princess, and its just sad to see the next Zelda being ruined by Miyamoto's consistent low talent which makes him instead of changing, and or evolving the series, making sequels...he just remakes his game over and over and over and over again.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By animateria

What I want to know is...

GameCube version or Wii version?

I got a Wii in April and am in constant debate with that issue. Haven't gotten the game cause I just don't know!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Claude
    @animateria said:
    " What I want to know is...  GameCube version or Wii version?  I got a Wii in April and am in constant debate with that issue. Haven't gotten the game cause I just don't know! "
    I can't speak of the GameCube version, but I played the Wii version and loved it. I found the controls worked well. Hands free is for me, Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Claude said:
    " @animateria said:
    " What I want to know is...  GameCube version or Wii version?  I got a Wii in April and am in constant debate with that issue. Haven't gotten the game cause I just don't know! "
    I can't speak of the GameCube version, but I played the Wii version and loved it. I found the controls worked well. Hands free is for me, Wii Remote and Nunchuk. "
    Wii is pretty much the gamecube version but flipped so Link can use his right hand and also the controls.  The controls work really well.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#32  Edited By LordAndrew
    @dbz1995 said:
    " omg lyk its so gd ytf did jeff give it a 8.9

I really want to get the game for Gamecube, since I don't have a Wii. "
    8.8. People were still freaking out about the 8.8 Wii review by the time the 8.9 GameCube review was published, so the GameCube review went largely ignored.

@BenLaserlove said:
    " This game is totally a Legend of Zelda game. "
    Totally.

I beat the game once and never went back to it like I did with Ocarina of Time, but perhaps now is a good time to play through it again.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By Hailinel

Twilight Princess is a great game.  I'm not a huge Zelda fan by any stretch, but I really liked a lot of what Twilight Princess did, especially in terms of presenting the story.  It was a nice change of pace from some earlier games, even if people still insist on bitching about the lack of voice acting.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Afroman269

It's not bad, but it isn't awesome either IMO.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RE_Player1

Twilight Princess is my favourite Zelda game. Long, epic, and had a good story. Unfortunately due to it's length I can't really replay it, I tried one time and realized it would take too long to see and experience my highlights. 

shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shadyspace

The overall story was decent but I felt zero motivation for anything I was doing. Hyrule was dead in TP. In OoT and Majora's you basically went around forging bonds with representatives of all the different areas of the land you were trying to save, in Twilight Princess it felt like a day job, not a heroic act. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By apathylad

I liked Twilight Princess. It didn't revolutionize the franchise, but you can make the argument that other Nintendo games recycle material as well.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#38  Edited By jacksukeru

I promised myself I would replay it at some point, it really is a pretty good game but I had to struggle to finish it back when it came out. Same thing happened with Phantom Hourglass.  Does some neat things with its story though. 

Or maybe I won't replay it and just hope that I'll like Skyward Sword more.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Twilight Princess is my second favorite Zelda game. And I think most people agree that it's a good game. You could pick any Zelda game and there would be people who don't like it. But they're all good games (I don't think the CD-I ones count as Zelda games. It's the Never Say Never Again of the Zelda universe).

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rockanomics

I didn't care much for it, it had it's moments but overall it wasn't very memorable. Loved the look of it though.   

@SethPhotopoulos
    said:

" @Claude said:
    " @animateria said:
    I can't speak of the GameCube version, but I played the Wii version and loved it. I found the controls worked well. Hands free is for me, Wii Remote and Nunchuk. "
    Wii is pretty much the gamecube version but flipped so Link can use his right hand and also the controls.  The controls work really well. "  
    Wow really? TP was the epitome of slapped on "waggle" control in my mind. I would have killed for buttons. Well, maybe not full on murder, just a little grand larceny of somethin.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    I remember twilight princess being really good and atmospheric. The dungeons were the easiest of any Zelda game I've ever played, but they looked the best and were also the most interesting.
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    " Twilight Princess is my second favorite Zelda game. And I think most people agree that it's a good game. You could pick any Zelda game and there would be people who don't like it. But they're all good games (I don't think the CD-I ones count as Zelda games. It's the Never Say Never Again of the Zelda universe). "
    I like the CD-i games because without them we wouldn't have this.
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Boiglenoight

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I enjoyed this game more than Wind Waker and find it better.

I just started playing about 3 weeks ago. It's consumed me, and I don't understand why people find this Zelda inferior to others in the series. It's a refined Zelda game with a slightly more mature tone to the storytelling.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By TehFlan

Yeah, it's pretty great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.