Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

Ocarina of Time With High Resolution Textures

jhudson3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Edited By jhudson3
    No Caption Provided

I was thinking about my favorite RPGs today and I realized how much I really liked the High Resolution texture pack that I applied with an emulator. Its astounding and I am thinking there is must be a way to boost the graphics on the classic RPGs for the SNES since mine isn't with me in my dorm. Anyways, here are a few screenshots of what the game looks like with High Res texture packs.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    jhudson3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jhudson3
    No Caption Provided

I was thinking about my favorite RPGs today and I realized how much I really liked the High Resolution texture pack that I applied with an emulator. Its astounding and I am thinking there is must be a way to boost the graphics on the classic RPGs for the SNES since mine isn't with me in my dorm. Anyways, here are a few screenshots of what the game looks like with High Res texture packs.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

fntastc

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Grimluck343

Maybe it's just because I haven't played that game in years, but I really can't tell a difference. Do you have a link to the texture pack I can check out?

jhudson3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jhudson3

@Grimluck343: Idon't know if these are the same but at least you can get an idea of what the game looked like before being retextured. http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51255-Phantom7-s-Ocarina-of-Time-Hi-Res-Texture-Pack

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jay444111

@Grimluck343 said:

Maybe it's just because I haven't played that game in years, but I really can't tell a difference. Do you have a link to the texture pack I can check out?

Walls in the right in the first picture look way nicer, Deku tree looks flipping amazing. The ground in the third one looks way better... yes... I know what I am talking about.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I like the cell shaded ones better, they look cleaner and upscale better. But I like playing on the original hardware even more, so eh.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grimluck343

@Jay444111 said:

@Grimluck343 said:

Walls in the right in the first picture look way nicer, Deku tree looks flipping amazing. The ground in the third one looks way better... yes... I know what I am talking about.

Easy there chief, not calling you out, was just trying to find some more information on it. Like I said, it's been years since I played that game.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jay444111

@Grimluck343 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Grimluck343 said:

Easy there chief, not calling you out, was just trying to find some more information on it. Like I said, it's been years since I played that game.

Sorry if I sounds aggressive there. I didn't mean it like that. I just... am a total nerd when it comes to OoT and I love to show off my trivia of it. Again, sorry if I sounded aggressive.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grimluck343

@Jay444111 s'all good bro, all on the same team here. Would still appreciate a link if you can pull one up :D

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jay444111

@Grimluck343 said:

@Jay444111 s'all good bro, all on the same team here. Would still appreciate a link if you can pull one up :D

I don't need a link though. Sure the OP could offer one but I am not sure if a patch for a emulation for a game you can buy is... legal...

However, I can tell from sheer sight of these pictures instantly though. Another thing I noticed about the second picture is that the deku tree shield looks pretty damn good too. Yeah... I am a geek when it comes to this.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JasonR86

It looks...weird. The aspect ratio issue doesn't help (it looks like the game has been forced into 16x9 and it makes everything look short and fat). But it's just that the textures add more detail to a simple piece of geometry. It just looks odd to me. But maybe I'm just an old cumudgeon.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude
    @Jay444111: You go Jay. Good feedback.
    Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grimluck343

@Jay444111 said:

@Grimluck343 said:

I don't need a link though. Sure the OP could offer one but I am not sure if a patch for a emulation for a game you can buy is... legal...

However, I can tell from sheer sight of these pictures instantly though. Another thing I noticed about the second picture is that the deku tree shield looks pretty damn good too. Yeah... I am a geek when it comes to this.

Fair enough.

@JasonR86 said:

It looks...weird. The aspect ratio issue doesn't help (it looks like the game has been forced into 16x9 and it makes everything look short and fat). But it's just that the textures add more detail to a simple piece of geometry. It just looks odd to me. But maybe I'm just an old cumudgeon.

I think that might be why I can't really tell a difference. I need to just dig out my old N64 and look. That Deku tree definitely looks different though.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By octaslash
    No Caption Provided

You should try out Djipi's (recently updated) cell shaded texture pack. It's just about the only way I can stand to look at OoT anymore.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

it looks pretty good.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Simplexity

@Octaslash said:

No Caption Provided

You should try out Djipi's (recently updated) cell shaded texture pack. It's just about the only way I can stand to look at OoT anymore.

That looks amazing.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#17  Edited By sammo21

I'm not really seeing a difference between this and the 3DS version to be honest.

@Simplexity: OK, yeah, I can definitely tell a difference there.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By renmckormack

what emulator are you using?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ravenlight

@Simplexity said:

@Octaslash said:

No Caption Provided

That looks amazing.

OFT

That looks friggin' great. Congrats on making it through the Water Temple, BTW ;)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By toowalrus

@Octaslash: That really does look awesome, when I get some free time I might have to try it out.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Grimluck343 said:

I can. There isn't a lot, really.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Octaslash said:

No Caption Provided

Jesusfuck that's gorgeous. I think I might need this.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By prestonhedges

Wow. Someone hit 'sharpen' way too many times. Pro-tip: that doesn't make things look HD, it makes them look like garbage.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By AndrewB

Hey, I was just going to say how I'd rather them go a different direction with the art on these texture packs, and what do you know? That one screenshot from the cell shaded pack brings new life to the game. The only other way I think I could stand going back would be to play it on the 3DS.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By AlexW00d

Those really aren't high resolution textures.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.