Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

What should Telltales next series be?

• 128 results
    Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Corvak

@ezekiel: Yeah. Wolf Among Us felt original (to me) because I didn't know anything about Fables.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Doctor Who?

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some kind of serious cyberpunk adventure game

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Isslander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another monkey Island, if they can back out of their current Adventure game style and go into the way things were back when Tales came out. Not sure they can.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote would go to Seinfeld.

Choices are no longer about huge dramatic consequences but instead funny comebacks and/or events.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bladerunner....

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By joetom

Star Trek

Oh, and people keep saying X-Files. I like that idea.

BoomBlasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

X-files

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Star Trek: The Next Generation.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

The Thick of It

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BooDoug187

The Venture Bros: Escape to the House of Mummies (part 4)

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By flameboy84

@zeik said:

Honestly I'd really like to see another season of Sam and Max.

But if they're going to continue on the license train then I'm kinda up for whatever.

Whilst yes that would be cool I definitely think we are stuck on the license train now, you have to imagine they are far more profitable. I wonder if we will see this cycle of movie/tv franchise coupled with either a reimagining of a gaming franchise or a comic book series. So for example;

Games of Thrones/Tales from Borderlands

Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us (granted my distinctions are slightly more blurry here due to Walking Dead being both a comic book and TV franchise.

I just hope over the next 12 months we consistently see alternating episodes, I don't want months getting missed out again like last time. Think we will see some sort of announcement for what ever is next at E3 with November/December earmarked as release date.

I still have Walking Dead Season 2 to play. I played Season 1 on PS3 but then got 1+2 on PC for less than $20 in some sort of sale so now I'm replaying 1 on and off to get my decisions all there to copy over.

For me Star Wars would be awesome!

b00mstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 things:

Wolf Among Us Season 2

Firefly

The Thing (think about how awesome a firefly horror game could be - especially one where you were never sure who to trust...)

b00mstick

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Choi

Mass Effect.

There's so much storytelling potential in that universe beyond what has been explored, much of which wouldn't fit in a full fledged RPG that necessitates a lot of combat. Delving more heavily into the politics and underworld stuff of Mass Effect without having to concoct reasons to shoot a bunch of dudes could be great. Telltale's games are already a lot like Bioware games, just distilled down to only the dialogue and decision making, so it would be a good fit (much better than Borderlands anyway).

THIS!

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'd have loved it if they had done The Dark Tower or Wheel of Time instead of Game of Thrones. I also want a second season to Wolf Among us.

Aside from that they should really finally do something original.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what? I'd like to see them do a Superman story. Know why? because Superman as a combat based game is pretty much broken to begin with. He can't get hurt other than kryptonite.

Imagine having to make tough Superman decisions like saving certain people and shit like that.......I don't know. It would be something different.

I'm weird.

You may be weird, but weird is where their games need to go in order to stay relevant. I +1 this idea!

PatheticMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd love for them to do some kind of Twilight Zone/Outer Limits style series.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

A playable version of the biography "I Was a Murder Junkie--The Last Days of GG Allin" by Evan Cohen

"...This book tells the true story of his last tour. It is a tale filled with self-indulgent excess, excrement, deviant behavior, bizarre sexual practices, and five men with an undying love for Johnny Cash. Violence, masturbation, and urine drinking have never been this much fun."

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

The Telltale CEO has already expressed interest in doing an adventure game with the James Bond license. I think that could be very interesting. Since the games have always been action games it would be refreshing to see a different take on the series. But until they get a new engine, I dont want to see Telltale do anything, honestly. I want good games from them, not stuttering messes.

Joe_Wildheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollyoaks

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see them take a break and really try to up their game. I've enjoyed their last couple series but things are starting to feel a touch stale at this point.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I wonder if they could make other comic stuff work... Something like Mouse Guard, DMZ, Runaways, Y: The Last Man, Locke & Key, Saga?

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While we're adapting trippy fantasy comics, let's give Neil Gaiman's Sandman a go. Let the main character be Dream's raven, Matthew. Hijinks will ensue, I'm quite sure.

@splodge said:

Father Ted

"I'm quite sure I'll not have a cup of tea, thanks."
    Mrs Doyle will remember that.

Anyway, I doubt Ardal O'Hanlon is doing anything these days, so I'm sure he'd be happy to cash a paycheck reprise his role as Father Dougal.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they could do a really neat adaptation of The Crow. It's in their wheelhouse since it's a comic adaptation first. Maybe coincide with the new movie reboot (or not)?

Really though, I think Telltale could do something new and interesting if they did an original story. If they looked at just about anything through the lens of their gameplay hooks, possibilities open right up. They could do a send-up of reality TV or soap operas with their own take on the absurdity of something like Real Housewives or Coronation Street, and make it escalate into some wild situations and consequences based on your choices and dialog. I'd like to see them go a bit more wild with things and not be beholden to a licence holder or established storyline/universe.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I didn't think anything at all would have me interested in any more Telltale adventure games until I saw someone mention Seinfeld and GG Allin. I would totally play games based on those two things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.