Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

Telltale Games Developing 'Super Show' With Lionsgate

• 51 results
    MillaPhallus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi Alex! I feel that Super Show will bring us a surprise that we can’t really see coming right now! However, one sure thing is that it’s going to be fun and interactive. I am really glad that Telltale Games has actually decided to carry on with such a project despite its busy schedule! Would there be a trailer yet?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By BisonHero

@pcorb said:

The quality of their recent output hasn't even approached TWD season 1. I hope they prove me wrong, but until there's something concrete about this, I'll be fairly cynical about the whole thing.

I think The Wolf Among Us could've been really good if they didn't have to rewrite half of it because the original creator complained about their storyline or too many fans figured it out (or voice actor availability issues?) or something. That first episode showed a bunch of promise, but I think the huge delay due to the rewrite took a toll on the dev team, between not telling the story they had their hearts set on and probably having to rush the release schedule of eps 3-5 after the ridiculous delay between 1 and 2.

From the first episode, the original story arc seemed like it was going to focus solely on the murderer (who was a serial killer and probably Crane or the Boy Who Cried Wolf or something), have chapter 2 and possibly 3 deal with mundy cops discovering the severed head and having to cover that up, then chapter 4 and 5 wrapping up the murder investigation with Bigby probably choosing the murderer's fate. Maybe you would face Crane having some protection from the Crooked man or something (even in Episode 1, Dee and Dum were obviously working for somebody), but I really question whether the original plotline was suddenly going to turn into the Crooked Man Show by episode 4 and 5, and ep 4 and 5 make Crane completely irrelevant.

I cannot imagine that their original intention was to completely get distracted from the murder investigation, and turning it into a he-said-she-said at the end of "Do you believe the Crooked Man did or did not directly order the murder of the two women?" I'm sure some elements in the final game were planned from the start and they tried to keep what they could (the severed head was obviously never going to be Snow because she has to be alive in later comics, stuff like the troll funeral for Lily and so on still could've happened if that's who the real identity of the Snow head was before and after the rewrite, possibly the twist where Faith/Nerissa is disguised at the beginning/end, etc.), but so much of episodes 2-5 seem like something they had to patch together after they were forced to do a giant rewrite.

I would've vastly preferred a storyline about being Bigby tracking down a Fabletown serial killer, compared to "I guess two unruly prostitutes got killed off, and there's really no big mystery to solve because apparently everybody knew about the Crooked Man running half the town except for idiot Bigby and Snow, so whatever, I guess deal with the Crooked Man except you depose him no matter what choices you make so it barely feels like any choices matter."

I agree that The Walking Dead Season 2 was a disappointment. Episode 1 and 2 established a new group somewhat, then that new group got very little screen time in Episode 3 because they wanted you to get to the know the Indian dude so you'd feel bad when he dies, then the rest of the episode is focused on the villain, then Episodes 4 and 5 were just a terrible payoff to what little they had setup with the new group. I really just hated so much of episodes 4 and 5. I cannot believe how poorly they were written. Entire characters just never have any point, and the confrontation at the end of episode 5 felt incredibly forced and unnaturally written.

Haven't played Borderlands or Game of Thrones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.