Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress Classic

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 07, 1999

Originally released as a free mod for the 1998 game Half-Life and based on the 1996-1998 Quake mod "Team Fortress", Team Fortress Classic is a team-based multiplayer first-person shooter focused on ten character classes and objective-based gameplay.

Oh come on

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rockanomics

Why is this place empty? Game may be dead now, but it was still awesome.

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Landmine

this game is still one of the most complex to learn, one of my all-time favorites... i still play it to this day, even after 10 years. there is still an active community over at the catacombs.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By pandorasbox

My GPU(9400gt) broke, so while it was away i purchased this game. Even in 2009 this game has a decent sized following. Most servers are full of bots to trick you into joining, but some are actually full of players. It's a bit hard to play nowadays because the people who still play are all experts, but it's still a fun and exciting experience. I actually prefer this to TF2, i just wish this was a bit more graphically astonishing.

Epic game, ages well. I just don't get why the original CS or DoD have more players today, this game was better!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This was an old bump. 
    But I do own this game and have never played it, I should install it sometime.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

This was my alltime favorite FPS for the longest time.  I just wish TF2 had the same well map from TFC, then I'd be set.

ScreamingFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ScreamingFist

My favorite game of all time hands down is TFC.  I have very fond memories of this game and playing with my clan DR.  Just wish I kept in touch with those guys because we had a blast.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daryl

I recently bought it but haven't gotten into it yet. Bit complicated. 

Ricaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ricaz

One of my favourites for sure, just too bad there are no active public servers, besides the ones with bots. 
    Head over to #tfc.pickup on QuakeNet if you live in Europe and feel like you are ready to test your more serious skills in TFC :D 

Also, Fortress Forever, the Source version of TFC, is very successful in my opinion. It retains all the good parts of TFC (it's actually just like a copy) and integrates them very well in the Source engine. It's free, if you have a game that uses the Source engine on your Steam account. There's also a pickup channel on QuakeNet for Fortress Forever, I just don't remember the name. 

Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.