Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

My stupid plan to try to play the Steam Marketplace

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So, I sold pretty much everything I had to sellable in my inventory on steam. Got around $20 and I bought Don't Starve. What did I do with the other $5 you ask. Well....... in a word ROBO CRATES SON.

No Caption Provided

So this is my dumb idea. On June 3rd the robo crates become a rare drop in TF2. My theory (and this may take months) is that eventually the flood of robocrates on the community marketplace will eventually dry up. With them being a rare drop this will inevitably drive up the price again. As long as I can re-sell all of these crates for over .07 cents that I bought them all for I'll be making profit.

I figured the risk in this was non-existent seeing as I made this money from selling virtual things I wasn't ever going to use anyways. It will be interesting to see if my dumb investment pays out or if I just end up getting stuck with 30+ robo crates in my inventory.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Follow the money.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

I just sold all of my TF2 stuff actually (20 bucks as well) but that is going towards crusader kings 2 DLC!

and I really have no idea how the TF2 economy works so trying to play it would just end up with me getting burned

also if you want more money, I'd advise playing through HL2 to get those cards and then selling them, as they seem to earn around a dollar a piece... as well as the don't starve cards.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

This road ends in collecting digital antiques, like famous message-board conversations and cool flaming skull gifs from 1995.

The present may think you're a maniac, but future generations will refer to this man as a true pioneer.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have a strange festive scattergun. I don't even play TF. Should I try to sell it for cash or do you think it will go up in value?

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you become a millionaire remember the little people that responded to your thread.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By I_smell
    @jace said:

I have a strange festive scattergun. I don't even play TF.

...are we talking about in real life?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jace said:

I have a strange festive scattergun. I don't even play TF. Should I try to sell it for cash or do you think it will go up in value?

that thing is apparently worth over 100 dollars according to the marketplace.

sell that shit dawg (it's not like these items are aging)

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@animasta said:

@jace said:

Yeah sell that. Not sure how fast it'll sell but it's definitely worth a try. Or you could give it to me. I'd actually use it...maybe.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Let's hope that I get to use the phrase "Demoskinos: Too Big to Fail" some time in the near future.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@jace said:

Is it? Cause I'm seeing a listing for 6.50 on the average.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jace

@animasta:

@i_smell:

@mariachimacabre:

I mean I know it's valuable. You guys wouldn't believe this but I receive anywhere from 2-5 steam invites a day from people who ask to trade for it. I have trolled so many scammers that I got bored of doing it and just blocked low-ballers. It's weird because it's just a burden and I don't even use it. But I'm afraid if I sell it too soon I might lose out. But then again, if people don't care about tf2 in a year it won't be worth a penny. This is like stock trading, lol.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@demoskinos said:

@animasta said:

@jace said:

On the marketplace? The lowest price is $152.

EDIT: Oh! You're looking at Festive Scatterguns. We're talking about Strange Festive Scatterguns.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

@animasta said:

@jace said:

On the marketplace? The lowest price is $152.

EDIT: Oh! You're looking at Festive Scatterguns. We're talking about Strange Festive Scatterguns.

Yeah, realized that after I re-read your post. I'll join in with everyone else... SELL THAT SHIT! Just undercut the lowest one by like a dollar or two and it will sell quickly.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@jace said:

@animasta:

@i_smell:

@mariachimacabre:

I mean I know it's valuable. You guys wouldn't believe this but I receive anywhere from 2-5 steam invites a day from people who ask to trade for it. I have trolled so many scammers that I got bored of doing it and just blocked low-ballers. It's weird because it's just a burden and I don't even use it. But I'm afraid if I sell it too soon I might lose out. But then again, if people don't care about tf2 in a year it won't be worth a penny. This is like stock trading, lol.

I could make this pain go away. Give it to me, sweet baby. Momma's here and I'll take care of you.

But honestly? TF2 is 6 years old. If people were going to lose interest they would have a long time ago.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Thanks for the feedback. I just might do that.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NegativeCero

All I have to say is get your money. I've never played the game so I wouldn't know how much time would go into this, but I'm going to assume it's probably more than my patience would allow.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have like a beret that's on fire is that cool at all

Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time for us to quit our jobs and become STEAMRICH!

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I earned 20€ by selling trading cards on the market. I also sold off most of my hats and got about 50€.

As long as someone else wants to buy my useless crap for steam-money, I'm happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.