Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Mann Up

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By zanshin

I was waiting for Valve to start it's summer event, (with hopes of them releasing some exclusive items again) and I was beginning to think they had released Pyromania as their only summer event, when it turned out they had something else up their sleeves.

I had never heard of Mann vs Machine until some guy on a trade server just happened to mention it two days before it's official release. Now, instead of just playing again other players, we can face off against hordes of bots.

The real challenge comes from Mann Up mode. While the bot attack is much more intense, the real challenge comes from trying to find team mates who can work together with a good strategy and not quit at the first failed attempt. I've joined many a team with players who would join a class that wasn't really helpful to the effort, or would lose focus from the primary goal (pretty much just stopping the bot carrying the bomb).

There are six levels, and the first one took me 3 days to get through it, but the second one only took a single hour long session. So far, I haven't worked with a team that has been able to overcome the 3 level.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By zanshin

I was waiting for Valve to start it's summer event, (with hopes of them releasing some exclusive items again) and I was beginning to think they had released Pyromania as their only summer event, when it turned out they had something else up their sleeves.

I had never heard of Mann vs Machine until some guy on a trade server just happened to mention it two days before it's official release. Now, instead of just playing again other players, we can face off against hordes of bots.

The real challenge comes from Mann Up mode. While the bot attack is much more intense, the real challenge comes from trying to find team mates who can work together with a good strategy and not quit at the first failed attempt. I've joined many a team with players who would join a class that wasn't really helpful to the effort, or would lose focus from the primary goal (pretty much just stopping the bot carrying the bomb).

There are six levels, and the first one took me 3 days to get through it, but the second one only took a single hour long session. So far, I haven't worked with a team that has been able to overcome the 3 level.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

I got some money and after doing some matches without the tickets, I'll give Mann Up a shot. Those botkiller weapons look sweet. And yes, teamworks is a definite must in this mode.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EXTomar

I find the balance a bit too "hard core". There is no "easy mode" that you can just do to have fun with family and friends.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By 49th

The third level? You mean the coaltown one? They are the easiest in my opinion. Just get someone good on Pyro and they can airblast the bomb carrier into the holes which resets it back to the start.

The most difficult is definately the first decoy one. I have only one more to completely which is the endurance one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.