Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

If I buy this off steam...

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By liako21

will i find people to play against online? And will those people most likely be professional players who will merk me in less than 5 seconds....

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

@liako21: Yes and Yes and make sure you get the Arcade Edition.

EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

Yes feel free to add me on steam. If I'm not in game, I can always join.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

After canceling my Live subscription I've been really jonesing for some SSFIV matches. Might grab it whenever it's on sale.

Edit: I spoke too soon! This is on sale right now for $20!

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Petiew

PC has the smallest userbase, but the Steam sale might bring more people into it. You'll get beaten a lot, but I'd say there is more chance to try and play than in something like Marvel, tekken, blazblue where you're juggled for hours.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raethen

@OllyOxenFree , @liako21: If you do get it, don't get it from steam right now, get it from Green Man Gaming. It is the same base price of $20 but if you use this code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 you get an aditional 30% off, so you'll be paying about 14 instead.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@Raethen said:

@OllyOxenFree , @liako21: If you do get it, don't get it from steam right now, get it from Green Man Gaming. It is the same base price of $20 but if you use this code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 you get an aditional 30% off, so you'll be paying about 14 instead.

Thanks! Got my Steam code in and am now downloading!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MikeFightNight

Is hacking a thing in the PC version? I own it on ps3 but was toying with the idea of the PC version to see how it would look and fool around with mods. But not worrying about hackers when I want to play some legit matches would be a plus. That's the reason I stopped playing PC Dark Souls, people had dumb trainers. I'm all for hacking up your game, as long as it doesn't effect other players.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Killercombo

You can hack the game for custom costumes and game tweaks, but for mp both players need the files, I saw a guy who forced the game to end in ranked matches and he would get the win but I never saw anyone else do it.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By envane

hackers get banned on gfwl EVENTUALLY if they use any sorta code injection .. otherwise no theres none

but yes ssf4ae is still the better option on pc, NOBODY plays SFxT

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By liako21

@Raethen: picked it up for 14 bucks! Thanks man!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sooty

@Petiew said:

PC has the smallest userbase, but the Steam sale might bring more people into it. You'll get beaten a lot, but I'd say there is more chance to try and play than in something like Marvel, tekken, blazblue where you're juggled for hours.

but on AE you are just uppercutted for hours because new players are so eager to jump.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Petiew
    @Sooty: True, but I think its easier to see what you're doing wrong and adapt in SSF4. It's like "Oh I kept jumping and he uppercut me over and over again. I should try to stop that." 
    Whereas getting caught in the corner aginst a Doom with cold star assist is a much more distressing experience and generally emits a "What the hell is going on let me play pls" response. In personal experience anyway.
    Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Like any fighting game that's been out for too long and has too many players it's not really going to be fun against anyone you don't know. SSFIV especially has an incredibly huge emphasis on turtling and while you can out turtle turtles it's not the most exciting experience. I just got this on PS+ a week ago and can absolutely destroy anyone who's new to the game or overly aggressive but to beat a turtler I have to sit there for about 25 seconds before they actually do anything, it is less than riveting to say the least.

KoFXIII is much more fluid and dynamic and you'll wind up fighting a variety of different characters; not to mention it is so much faster and the inputs are complex enough that you won't accidentally put in the wrong ones with any frequency; there's some interesting stuff in SSFIV but it is all very peripheral to the core turtling experience. Now granted not a lot of people play it but it does have a solid amount of respect from the tournament scene and I'm pretty sure if SSFIV wasn't so ridiculously popular it wouldn't have garnered much of a following in that regard.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hippie_genocide

Cool, I just got this. I'm not new to the game, but its been almost like a year since I played it, so if anyone wants a sparring dummy you can add me on Steam. Its the same as here, except its all one word no space.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By Killercombo

The game, along with the Costume DLC is on offer @ 75% off on Steam

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Phished0ne

Anyone that would like to play some games on the east coast add me on steam: phished

we can exchange GFWL names from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.