Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros.

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 21, 1999

Characters from popular Nintendo franchises meet up for the first time (and then duke it out) in this crossover fighting game by HAL.

Smash hits the Virtual Console

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's has taken a while but it has finally happened, Super Smash Bros has hit the Japanese Virtual Console.

Nintendo All Star! Dairantou Smash Bros. (Nintendo, N64, 1,200)

No western date has been marked officially but I think it's safe to say it wont be too long now, maybe even in a week or so. Here's hoping anyway.

I should point out western owners should disregard the 200 Wii Point hike. Ocarina was also priced in Japan at 1200 but then came to the west at the conventional 1000 Wii Points that N64 titles normally cost.

On another note, I certainly hope the game has been enhanced for 480p.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

I never played the original Smash Brothers. Is it worth getting if you have the other Smash titles? I mean, do you find that the game has a big enough difference from the other games that makes it a worthy purchase?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure
    brukaoru said:
    "I never played the original Smash Brothers. Is it worth getting if you have the other Smash titles? I mean, do you find that the game has a big enough difference from the other games that makes it a worthy purchase?"
    Personally, not at all. It layed some nice ground work but Melee is what really made the series awesome. It feels very small in scope compared to Melee and Brawl especially.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny

I'd say the only reason to get the original is if you played it and you feel nostalgic. Which would include me. Fucking battery save in the cartridge died so all of my unlocks are gone now...

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There is literally no point now.

Maybe they'll release Majora's Mask soon. For that matter, I hope they release any N64 games that aren't Nintendo.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "There is literally no point now.
    Maybe they'll release Majora's Mask soon. For that matter, I hope they release any N64 games that aren't Nintendo.
    "
    Majora's Mask is a game I am looking for, but you know what else I would love to see? Turok, that's what. Actually, the 2nd one for that.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I wouldn't buy it again. Melee and Brawl improved on it so dramatically that you can hardly play it for anything other than nostalgic purposes.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dsplayer1010

Considering that the majority of Wii owners already have Brawl, will this really sell well?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.