Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 07, 2018

The Switch debut of Nintendo's flagship fighting game series brings together every character from the series' history, bringing the roster to over 70 fighters.

Who are you enjoying so far?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hello friends!

So, smash has been out for a few weeks now, so I'm gonna assume people are settling on characters. Who are you enjoying so far then?

For me, I'm all in on Cloud, because he seems to have EVERYTHING, I like Falcon and ZS Samus because I love their speed, and my MAIN GUY is Little Mac, despite him being kinda bad.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

K Rool is a ton of fun to be a total jerk with to my friends but mostly it's just been Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Richter, and Bowser.

I wanted Little Mac to be good but it's just too depressing

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sorta depends if I am playing for fun or kinda serious. Toon Link and Ness if I want to play something seriously, but Pichu and Isabelle for friends and goofing off.

I also random a lot since I want to change it up as well. Though Dark Samus, Incinaroar, and Roy are characters I am learning too.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Inkling seems really good, as does Pikachu. Incineroar's got Styyyyle, but little else really.

citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By citan359

Wife likes Lucina.

We like Ike.

My 4 y/o is getting crazy good at Kirby and recently figured out completely on her own that she could eat someone, walk off screen, and spit them to their doom and does so with 0 emotion, 0 words.... she also will light Kirby's hammer on fire and, while slowly damaging herself, inch toward me and my wife while we are fighting and just be giggling out "here comes Kirby". It is horrifying.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Still unlocking characters at this point, mostly via Classic Mode, so I haven't landed on a favorite yet. All I know is that Donkey Kong and Bowser were both unstoppable buzzsaws through their ladders. When I want to go headhunting for unlockable characters, DK is one of my go-to fighters.

Otherwise, Ryu seems extremely fun, but maybe a little bit like a newbie trap considering he automatically faces his opponent at all times.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Inkling, Lucario, and Link. I’ve also just started enjoying Ridley. Inkling is definitely my favorite so. Both Villager, and Isabelle, are tons of fun, but I’m absolutely trash when playing as them.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayonetta, Zero Suit Samus, Link, and Simon/Richter are my favorites. All of them besides Samus have powerful launch attacks and good ranged attacks. Samus is fast as hell.

I was surprised that Ryu was so bad at the game, fighting him is so easy. Just about all the Fire Emblem people seem the same.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Favorite might be Ganon, closely followed by Ike and Zero Suit Samus. They give me a nice spread of playstyles

I also really like Zelda and Samus when I want to zone more.

It's really hard to compete with Ganon though. His explosive and mindgame heavy style is soooo satisfying. Every hit with him is the best hit. It never feels like I'm chipping away at something, it's just hard reads and big smacks. Zero Suit is really fun and mobile, but she moves a bit too fast for me still. Not used enough to the game to be completely comfortable.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Casepb

@deathstriker said:

Just about all the Fire Emblem people seem the same.

Yeah the only two that aren't Marth clones are Ike and Robin. I will give a pass to Ike because he is so much slower it makes him feel like his own character. The others are just Marth echoes to me.

For fun I'm really enjoying Pichu, I also like Robin, but I'm still kinda bad with them. For serious, I main Snake or Bayonetta.

mykeacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

having mained Bowser in 4 i'm really liking Ridley. i wanna get into the castleboys. anyone know their differences?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I STILL DON'T KNOW!!!

It's my first Smash game and I just finished clearing classic mode with every single character as of today, and I still haven't clicked with anyone. At first I wanted to play Richter because of my love of Castlevania, and while I like him he's all about zoning. I'm thinking maybe Cloud or Mii Brawler, possibly Snake or Sonic, but I still haven't gotten comfortable with the game as a whole yet.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King K. Rool and Richter/Simon are a ton of fun.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm an Inkling main and I don't even like Splatoon that much. Thought Richter was gonna be my guy but I can't get enough of playing the squid teen.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wollywoo

I am mainly using Kirby and Simon so far. I also like Olimar, Inkling, Ness. Snake seems fun but I am terrible with him. I am 60 hours in and there are still a ton of characters I haven't even tried yet - I haven't played Smash since Melee so I have a lot of catching up to do. I am going to be playing this game for a long, long time. It's just so good!

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

A lot of Cloud and Martha/Lucina. Love me some swords.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mykeacid: They are identical aside from what their holy fire is made of.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Peach as always for me. But also I’m finding Donkey Kong to be really good in Ultimate. More so than past Smash games. I’m also loving Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Inceniroar, the Belmonts and K Rool.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Link is my main and I've been enjoying Inkling and Ridley as well.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After I unlocked him, I went through all the rest of World of Light with Cloud, and now I've been working on clearing all the different challenges with him, so I guess he's becoming my main.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.