Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Wii U release date - Nov 21st NA Dec 5th\6th EU\AUS

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

21st of November in the US of A. 5th in Euroland, 6th in Australia-land. Amibos will come out a week before the game and then a second wave will come out on the 19th.

I wonder will there be any more characters in it, or will it be the very same roster as the 3DS version. I can see this version being more popular to play since it's not limited by the size of the 3DS and the controls of it, but also selling worse because it's on a console that not many people own. Maybe they'll announce a good bundle of it and the WiiU and hope that drives some Christmas sales.

edit

*updated thread title and dates with American info*

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm genuinely surprised! And happy that it's actually coming this year!

Also, they've said several times that the roster is the same on both versions of the game, so unless they were outright lying, there won't be anyone new.

I still really hope that the Wii U has some story mode, or something like what the last couple had for single player content (even the "Adventure mode" from Melee), though I really doubt it at this point. I mean, I'll buy the game either way, but without people to play with locally, I dunno how much I'll actually play it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Neat! I'd love for there to be a SSB Bundle, as this is precisely the game that'll (one day) force me to buy Wii U. I just wish I hadn't bought its 3DS version, could have used that money to go towards this Wii U fund >_>

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By supermonkey122

It comes out in North America on November 21st. I think that's the same day as the new Pokemon games too. RIP wallet.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

It comes out in North America on November 21st. I think that's the same day as the new Pokemon games too. RIP wallet.

And apparently the Amiibo figures as well, if you plan to invest in those.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hellz yeah, looking forward to this. I'm wondering how my connection is going to fare for online play, though. I've been having issues with all online play(Mario Kart, Wii Sports, etc.), and I'm beginning to think there's no way to solve that stuff short of buying a new router. Anyone else having those issues?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jesus_phish: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141007005353/en#.VDPYUaZHbCT

Note: these are US Release dates

Smash Wii U and first wave of Amiibos comes out 11/21

Second wave of Amiibos to be released in December

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker comes out 12/5

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm genuinely surprised! And happy that it's actually coming this year!

Also, they've said several times that the roster is the same on both versions of the game, so unless they were outright lying, there won't be anyone new.

I still really hope that the Wii U has some story mode, or something like what the last couple had for single player content (even the "Adventure mode" from Melee), though I really doubt it at this point. I mean, I'll buy the game either way, but without people to play with locally, I dunno how much I'll actually play it.

Well, they could do DLC characters for the 3DS version that come included on-disc for Wii U maybe. And I'm sure there will be some new mode as well since Smash Run is 3DS exclusive.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

This seems like they barely pulled this all together at the last minute. I wonder if Amiibo manufacturing was holding them up from confirming a date or something. Good on them for still shipping in late November (which was the month I think everybody was expecting since that is usually when Nintendo ships their marquee holiday titles).

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sweeeeeet! That 3DS version as great fun. I'll probably rebuy this.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Woo! I honestly never considered the possibility that it wouldn't until Smash Bros. sourpusses Brad and Jeff brought it up.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

@jesus_phish: They've said before on multiple occasions that the Wii U and 3DS rosters are identical.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.