Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario 3D Land

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 03, 2011

Super Mario 3D Land blends elements of 2D and 3D Mario platformers, making it distinct from both parts of the franchise.

Where the fuck's Tatanga?

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sunjammer

Nintendo, you jerks. You can NOT make a game called Super Mario Land, no matter how many D's it's got, and set it in the mushroom kingdom. Super Mario Land is either about Sarasaland (should always be about Sarasaland!), or some other crazy god damn place, but it is NOT the mushroom kingdom damnit!

I want to pilot mario submarines and mario planes and jump on turtles that turn into bombs. In 3D :-(

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

Nintendo, you jerks. You can NOT make a game called Super Mario Land, no matter how many D's it's got, and set it in the mushroom kingdom. Super Mario Land is either about Sarasaland (should always be about Sarasaland!), or some other crazy god damn place, but it is NOT the mushroom kingdom damnit!

I want to pilot mario submarines and mario planes and jump on turtles that turn into bombs. In 3D :-(

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

When I finally got to see Super Mario Land I was pretty impressed how different it seemed. The sequel even made it so kills lead to one-ups, and coins you used to gamble in a slot machine thing. Really cool ideas that I wish they'd experiment with more. I wonder if they're afraid of changing the formula AT ALL anymore.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

It's not called Super Mairo Land!

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SpaceRunaway

I agree wholeheartedly.  It would make me so happy to see Nintendo do a homage/sequel to the Gunpei Yokoi produced games.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MidgardDragon

It's 3D Land, the Super Mario is in 3D Land, not Super Mario Land in 3D.

In other words 3D Land would be a separate place from Land (i.e. Sarasaland). But obviously not a separate place from The Mushroom Kingdom. So maybe it's a province of the Mushroom Kingdom or something. Anyway the point was that it's not Super Mario Land 3D for a reason, and that reason is the one in your most, it's Super Mario: 3D Land (actually them including this simple colon might have made threads like this non-existent. Not likely though.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.