Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Light at the end of the dark tunnel(DLC/Patch news)

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Solh0und

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-16-street-fighter-x-tekken-on-disc-dlc-character-bundle-costs-1600msp-USD20

The 12 downloadable characters for Street Fighter x Tekken will cost 1600 Microsoft Points or $20.

That's for all 12 of them in a bundle - the only way they will be sold.

Fans reacted angrily last week after it emerged that the 12 characters thought to be exclusive to the upcoming PS Vita version of the crossover fighting game were in the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but locked.

"I know many were worried past character pricing would push the cost of this update sky high, so I'm happy to say Blanka, Sakura, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Alisa, Bryan, Christie, Jack, Lars and Lei will not break the bank," Capcom community manager Brett Elston said.

The character bundle is one piece of a raft of content due out for the game.

Swap costumes - $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs - are due out beginning 3rd April. These outfits dress Street Fighter characters as Tekken characters and vice versa.

Also out on 3rd April are three free colour packs, each containing four new additions for customisation, and three new quick combos, which will bring the pre-programmed attack pattern count up to five.

Shortly after, the promised free tournament support title update will release. This adds a faster way to select your gems from the versus screen via a dial system. It will also include a fix for the online sound issues already reported by many players.

Then, a couple of weeks after that, Capcom will release a "massive selection" of free content as a title update. This includes three new Assist Gem packs and six new Boost Gem packs, which add over 60 gems to the selection pool. Three more gem slots will be added per character to accommodate this. This update also brings a free replay analyzer.

And after that, the development team will work to fix the infinite combos players have discovered.

I personally don't mind shelling out a 20 for these characters. I do see a few I would actually plan to use.

How is this news to you guys out there?

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By HadesTimes

Seems cool just seems like an additional $33.00 to get stuff that's on the disk all ready is a little steep. But at least we don't have to wait til fall like a lot of people projected.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By renmckormack

I am happy with this. I had a thought that it would be 5 bux a character or basically 60 bux. in which case they would basically be charging 120 bux. I still think Ill wait until November. Even if they don't call it Super SFvT im sure there will be a disc with all the DLC on it right? I dont know why its so hard for Capcom to control information that gets to people, why don't they ever get out in front of this? Especially with sites like SRK that would just give a guy like Seth free reign to shape the news around the game.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bestostero

20$ is better than 60$ (5 per like most dlcs) so i'm OK with that!

please, please PLEASE have a pink customization color! I need a Pink King...cause pink is the manliest man color...just ask Poison ZING! lol

i'm excited...i just wished the dlc came sooner...I'm ready for Cody and more colors and alternates lol

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

$20 is... far more acceptable than I was figuring.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

Considering how fast the actual game will drop in price, games nowadays are having sales super fast like SSX for $40, I might just snag it for cheap and get all the dlc.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mesoian

And surrounding this news, 5 new videos of 4 new piss easy infinites for 4 different characters.

I'll wait for the first balance patch thanks. Game should be about 20 bucks by then.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

@ArbitraryWater said:

$20 is... far more acceptable than I was figuring.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm also liking that you can only buy them all together, not in pairs of 2. That's a smart decision.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MrMazz

20 bucks for the characters is what I expected. shocking Wild uninformed internet speculation was wrong.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

FREE
    Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
    Replay analyzer
    Tournament support for gem selection
    Three new quick combo pre-sets
    Three additional gem loadout slots
    Three new color packs with four colors each

PAID
    Swap Costumes - $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs
    DLC characters - $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters

$20 for 12 is way better than mortal kombat's $20 for 4

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Brake

Sounds reasonable. Way more reasonable than what they've done in the past. I just wish the characters would come out a little sooner.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MideonNViscera

As usual it's still total shit that they're on the disc, but at least they aren't gonna cost 8 bucks a piece. 12 chararacters for 20 bucks is one of the best DLC deals I can recall for any game so far, if you ignore the fact that you maybe should already have them for free haha

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Release extra content on separate disc - Capcom gets shit

Release extra content on same disc - Capcom gets shit

They just can't win.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer

That's a lot better than I expected. That's actually an amazing value. Wow.

<3 Capcom I can't wait!

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Lnin0

@HadesTimes said:

Seems cool just seems like an additional $33.00 to get stuff that's on the disk all ready is a little steep. But at least we don't have to wait til fall like a lot of people projected.

They way I read it there are two costume packs for $13 each. One with the Tekken and one with the SF costumes. So it would be $46 for all the content - not $33. I never buy those overpriced costumes packs from Capcom anyway so it would just be $20 for me. But since I am waiting it will hopefully be $40 for me when the "Ultra" edition comes out.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By kagato

You know what? For 20 bucks i wont grumble, there are plenty of fighters there right now anyway, i am looking forward to the new fighters though.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BPRJCTX

Ok, 20$ for 12 characters sounds like a great deal, but i can't get over the fact that they're all already on the the disc.

No matter how many times developers want to explain it, or how many different excuses they want to give us, it still fills like you paid full retail price for 80% of the game, and then, you have to pay another 20$ to unlock the rest of the game.

No.

I'll wait for their Ultimate Super SFxT Arcade Edition.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Jaktajj

SAKURA AND BRYAN <3 TAKE MY MONEY! TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE IIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ulong

Of the dlc, chances are I'm only going to play Sakura, unless I get real good with Guile and decide to continue my super fun time out victory team with Dhalsim. Otherwise I can replace Guile with Sakura and play my two main characters from SF4.

On the other hand, I am not going to pay 20 bucks for one fucking character and am not buying the dlc if capcom keeps it in a bundle only and no other options.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By skrutop

That sounds about right in terms of pricing. I really only care about the sound issues. If those are truly fixed then I'll rebuy the game.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ravenlight
    "I know many were worried past character pricing would push the cost of this update sky high, so I'm happy to say Blanka, Sakura, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Alisa, Bryan, Christie, Jack, Lars and Lei will not break the bank,"

Capcom community manager Brett Elston said.

Fuck you, Brett. Fuck you and your dumb toupee.

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBostonPops

I haven't really been following this game (I don't really care for Tekken that much) but I'm actually surprised that Blanka and Sakura weren't in the game initially. Weird to see them as DLC characters.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By OneManX

yeah, it's a great deal.. but Capcom needs to get out of the DLC game.. and just stick to patching. it's 20 bucks... but it's 20 bucks for an unlock code, considering that the footage of all these characters are out.

it sucks, I'll buy it, b/c I want to play as these characters, but it doesn't make it any less shitty.

JRizzo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JRizzo101

I Think I already found my team, so I don't plan on buying the DLC character bundle, but I think it's cool that they're only charging $20 instead of $60 for the bundle. What does have me excited though are the free color packs. Three color packs with four colors each?! THAT'S TWELVE MORE COLORS FUCK YEAH!!!!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bestostero

color pack should come out tomorrow, hopefully alternate costumes will be included as well...i want new colors and costumes!

...next week April 10 will have the tournament gem selection and online patch for the sound issue.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bestostero

anyone check sfxt? you can actually see the alternates and colors now, just cant use them yet...

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By demontium

@Solh0und: Here's the problem that I am sure EVERYONE recognizes: the DLC is already on the fricken disc. To pay for something I technically already have is already ridiculous, every character should be no more than $.50 - $1.00.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By bretthancock

@Ravenlight: Hey I do not have a toupe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.