Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

More than a year later, im still playing SFIV with a 360 control

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TheLastNeo

How handicapped does that make me in comparison to using a Fight Stick / or Pad? 

Also, does this mean that im not a true "STREET FIGHTER"? 

lol... seriously , some feedback would be cool

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

Some would say it give's you an edge other say you are holding your self back. What character do you use?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I've had the game a month and I haven't bought a stick yet. Some of the ultras and supers are a bit hard to pull off with it but otherwise the analogue stick seems to be okay personally. I wouldn't really be able to tell since I'm kind of shit anyway, but hey.

So yeah, I'm kind of wondering the same thing and whether I should invest in a stick/pad at least for SSF4.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By yetiantics

I guess it depends on the person, really.  
    Whatever feels more comfortable. 

But if you catch yourself saying, "Argh! I shouldve had that move, i did the input!" time and time again? Then maybe you should level up to a fightstick.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I still use the PS3 controller :D 

But yeah, I've had a lot of moments where I get frustrated because I knew I should've pulled off the move, but it didn't happen hehe!  And my hands get twitchy at times when the fight gets intense especially with charge characters like guile hehe!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60

I still use one as well....but only because I cannot afford a stick.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

aha you and me both duder. i can't afford a fightstick so i stick with my lovely PS3 and 360 controllers.

@lilbigsupermario said:

But yeah, I've had a lot of moments where I get frustrated because I knew I should've pulled off the move, but it didn't happen hehe!  And my hands get twitchy at times when the fight gets intense especially with charge characters like guile hehe! "
    same.. it's very frustrating :( 
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By misterpope

I use a pad. It works fine for what I'm doing, and I seem to be able to compete online. There have been some input problems, but whatever. good luck man.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By C2C

A pad is just fine for most people.  If play for a long period of time and get really skilled though, there's gonna be a time when certain combos are just very difficult to pull off and other stuff like that. That's when you might think about getting a stick. 

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheLastNeo

I main Sagat... (as per my other thread.. lol) 

in anycase, shortly after I got my 360, I got SFIV.. I had just recently gotten rid of my ps3 (long story) 

So, adjusting to that controller after months of playing HDR was incredibly frustrating, but after a while, I've gotten used to it.   

There's been many a time that I know that had I had a "stick" that my inputs would have been interpretted correctly, instead I throw out the wrong f'ing move, which is super frustrating. 

Id like to invest in one, but I just dont have that kind of money to just blow on an "enhanced controller". 

One thing that I know NEVER EVER works, is Sagats Fake HK, no matter how quickly I pound on RH, he just wont do the fake kick... (granted, its not that important, but still... its one less move I dont have in my arsenal) 

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilbigsupermario

But in fairness to my trusty PS3 controller, I do feel like I'm more comfortable with the regular controller.  I've played in arcades before and it always felt awkward for me controlling other characters with the arcade stick.  I guess I do have to try playing SF4 with a fightstick, it might be better for me. ;)

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Skytylz
    @TheLastNeo: Amazon has the Mad Catz tournament edition one for $99 right now.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'm using a pad, too.  I even attempted to use a FightPad and play with it, but I found the 360 controller more comfortable.  I'm planning on picking up a stick after SSFIV comes out, but I have no illusions it's going to take forever to get used to it.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By lordofultima

WestAB used the 360 pad for like a year, and his execution was pretty godlike. So I wouldn't really worry about it if I was you.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By JJOR64

I think playing a non-charge character would be easy on a pad.  Just use whatever you feel more comfortable using.  Lately there have been pad-warriors arising so become a pad-warrior and dominate!

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbigsupermario: Want to play in a SF4 send-off tourny? I'm attempting to rally people...poorly.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Scooper
    @misterpope said:
    " I use a pad. It works fine for what I'm doing, and I seem to be able to compete online. There have been some input problems, but whatever. good luck man. "
    Same deal for me. I own a stick, infact it's modded out with Sanwa parts and all that beeswax yet I prefer the controller. It's much quieter (you ever hear the racket a stick makes!? I sometimes have to play at like 3 in the morning cos that's when I'm up and that's when I can play the USA and Canada guys and that stick is too loud) and it's more comfortable for me in long sessions. I sometimes have trouble executing moves sometimes but I execute enough to get me by.
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Th3_James

I use Cammy with 360 controller. Would love a fight stick, but it is not a priority.

Drifballoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Drifballoon

I'm also a 360 controller user. I don't even know if I can successfully switch to a pad or stick after all the time I've put into this game XD

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By squirtle_squad

i use my ps3 controller and i get the occasional urge to go out and get one but never do.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " WestAB used the 360 pad for like a year, and his execution was pretty godlike. So I wouldn't really worry about it if I was you. "
    West is a natural beast. He probably could hit his links with a DDR pad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.