Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 01, 1998

StarCraft has been called the greatest real-time strategy game ever and it's certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. StarCraft features three powerful, yet balanced races: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. You play as each race fights to the death for the fate of the universe.

Trouble Downloading Starcraft II

waterboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By waterboy72

So i was wondering if the general wisdom of the forums could rub off on me in the situation i am in.

My Starcraft 2 digital download(legal) is running painfully slow, so i went on ahead to do some research and found noteable success among people who turned off their
     P2P function. So i have, one minor problem though.. now it won't upload any information.

My download rate is 3x as fast but no i have absolutely no upload. Is there any way to bipass this problem? All help is welcome.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sanryd

Well, if you turned the P2P off, then there shouldn't be any upload, just download from Blizzard's servers to your PC. A 3x faster download rate sounds like a pretty damn good increase to me.

waterboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By waterboy72
    @tdk08 said:
    " Well, if you turned the P2P off, then there shouldn't be any upload, just download from Blizzard's servers to your PC. A 3x faster download rate sounds like a pretty damn good increase to me. "
    So the download is direct? No middle man upload needed you're saying? Btw, it jumped to 5x as fast now, all the better.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sanryd
    @waterboy72: Yep, when P2P is on, you are downloading it from both people who are also downloading it, as well as Blizzard's servers. Saves bandwidth on Blizzard's end, but also has the likely effect of a slower download on your end. Luckily they allow you to turn it off, which downloads it directly from their servers.
    waterboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By waterboy72
    @tdk08: 
    Man that's such a pain in the ass, they set it as the default and cripple download times, if i had known this sooner my download would be finished hours ago...
    The download rate was, drumroll...

a pathetic 40Kbs per second..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.