Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 01, 1998

StarCraft has been called the greatest real-time strategy game ever and it's certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. StarCraft features three powerful, yet balanced races: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. You play as each race fights to the death for the fate of the universe.

Starcraft beginner help

AdventOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AdventOblivion

Hi, I recently started playing the original StarCraft to get ready for StarCraft 2. I have absolutely no StarCraft experience, hell i have no RTS experience.
    I have the speed all the way up and it still takes me about 1-2 hours  to finish a mission.
    I'm currently doing the Tarren campaign. I usually spam SCVs in the beginning of the mission, build any structures i think i need, then build a shit ton of units and just go from objective to objective until my units die; rinse and repeat.

Can you give me some tips to considerably improve my game?

bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bigall94

Same camp here dude. I say, if you are playing only single player, just follow tutorials, see what works, and use each faction in the best way possible.  

Now, if you're going online, look up some youtube videos and/or guides to get you familiar with how people play, what build orders you need, etc.

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By devosion

Well if your gonna play competitively online then it might be a good idea to start looking at replays and videos online. There are tons of tutorials and unit specs to look at online, and they really help improve your game. But if you are just playing the game casually and want to gradually improve your abilities then just play the game at your own pace and try out new strategies frequently. A good rule of thumb is never rely on a single unit producing building, especially in the late game. And if you find yourself running into even match-ups then upgrade appropriately. Figure out what units counter other units, and improve your usage of hot-keys.There really is no absolute right way to play starcraft, but no matter how you decide to play it can be very fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.