Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 01, 1998

StarCraft has been called the greatest real-time strategy game ever and it's certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. StarCraft features three powerful, yet balanced races: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. You play as each race fights to the death for the fate of the universe.

Anyone still play?

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ThaMilkMan

Alright so I'm fairly new to starcraft, I ended up watching the MLG Dallas broadcast of SC2 though and got super amped to play some so I went ahead and bought the original game for story purposes and because my current laptop won't be able to handle SC2 any time soon. I also thought it might help to teach me about the second games' mechanics and whatnot when I got into SC2 down the road. My question is, is the pool of online people soooo ridiculous in the original starcraft that I'm far better off just not going online with it at all if I want to have any fun.?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0799277f8eb
    deactivated-5d0799277f8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

i played a lot of SC1 until 2 came out, and I tell you, you need a little patience until you can enjoy online matches. There's definetly a steep learning curve. Everybody online is pretty competent regarding the game's mechanics (using hotkeys, build orders, army composition, etc), so you'll need some practice time against the computer or a practice partner to get you through the first steps of learning how to get it going. 
    If you really want to play, I can help you. It helped me a lot when I made the transition to SC2. 
    Just give me a shout. 
    See ya.

Max422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Max422

SC need more practice to familiar with micro and macro control. Maybe you should try Warcraft 3 first, because in War 3 AI do some jobs of the micro control.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.