Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Why are people excited about this?

• 97 results
    kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By kindgineer

@TheHumanDove said:

Uncharted starwars...

Im sorry, how is that NOT a good thing?

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By BrittonPeele

I haven't seen the videos available online, but I did see the Star Wars 1313 demo live at E3, and it looks phenomenal. Anyone saying it looks "almost as good as my PC games!" is either fanboyish (which is weird, as this game may very well come out on PC) or really overestimating what their current games actually look like. Maybe the videos that have been posted don't really do that justice, I don't know, but it was definitely a technical achievement worth discussing.

Yeah, maybe the game will come out and be average or boring. That's not the point right now. The point was the tech, and that's what people are getting excited about.

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By k4el

@White: The tone and setting are a departure from recent star wars game titles which have been leaning towards a decidedly younger audience(even force unleashed tried to appease the ESRB as much as it could). I'm totally up for some grittier star wars.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By doobie

im just excited by the tech, thats all at the moment. the 'game' will have to impress me later

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#55  Edited By JasonR86

@White said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks 1313 looks pretty good? I mean it's Uncharted in a Star Wars skin. And the very small segments they showed barely showed any character interactions or witty humor and banter which what made Nathan Drake so good.

I don't know. I just don't see it.

Yeah you do. You know exactly why people are excited. Stop being obtuse.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#56  Edited By StarvingGamer

@AhmadMetallic: No one has advertised 1313 as a console game. Unless you consider officially not announcing platforms to be equivalent to advertising it as a console game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @StarvingGamer said:

@AhmadMetallic: No one has advertised 1313 as a console game. Unless you consider officially not announcing platforms to be equivalent to advertising it as a console game.

Of course I do, because E3 is a console-focused show. When you stand on the stage of the Xbox developer with a controller in your hand and show a game, the millions of people watching at home and not F5-ing the Giantbomb.com forums to read about the aforementioned game, will think you're rocking that sweet looking next-gen game on a console somehow. Or trying to tell them that this is what it's going to look like on a console.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I just like the idea of having a mature star wars game, also I love bounty hunters in the star wars universe.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By connerthekewlkid

because it looks pretty

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Tan

Really?

It's literally the best looking (graphically) game I've ever seen. Why are you asking this.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Hizang said:

Please tell me the last time you played a good single player focussed Star Wars game?

There is your answer.

@Hizang: the answer is republic commando?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By white

@JasonR86: No I don't. Which is why I asked.

So far the only thing I've gathered is:

1. The promise of a Star Wars story that delves into mature themes and grey areas.
    2. It looks pretty(?)
    3. There's the cinematic traversal part from Uncharted.
    Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Akyho

@White said:

@JasonR86: No I don't. Which is why I asked.

So far the only thing I've gathered is:

1. The promise of a Star Wars story that delves into mature themes and grey areas.
    2. It looks pretty(?)
    3. There's the cinematic traversal part from Uncharted.

Yeah...........thats all. We know. There isnt anything else to it. Its simple you are either excited or not.

There is nothing to get. Simple. Its realy simple.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Rohok

Because they're stupid. Plain and simple.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ShaggE

@SeriouslyNow said:

@ShaggE said:

I don't like Star Wars, but the chance that a lightsaber will be a damn lightsaber again, instead of a glowing wiffle ball bat? I'm excited at that prospect.

The protag is an assassin, not a Jedi or Sith. No lightsaber.

I'm still holding out hope that he/she/it will use one at some point. Maybe strips it off an enemy, or is rewarded one by whomever hired him. We might not even play as a bounty hunter the whole time. What we know is still excessively vague.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CL60
    @Rohok

Because they're stupid. Plain and simple.

You're pretty mature, you make a pretty compelling argument.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#67  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The graphics are pretty and people want Star Wars to be good again.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By tariqari

The graphics don't look that good...and remember TFU? It looked to be an astonishing push forward in physics and graphics and look how that turned out. And why do people want this to be Uncharted? Uncharted is Uncharted. Companies should stop ripping of other companies games and use a long lost principle called creativity.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bumpton

I never owned a PS3 so I never got to play Uncharted. Plus, I kinda like Star Wars stuff/sci-fi in general. Plus, it's pretty.

Maybe people liked Uncharted's gameplay and want more like that? I don't understand what's to not understand.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By droop

It's the first game in a long time that actually is visually impressive in terms of technical graphics. And the Uncharted game play is solid. And bounty hunters are fucking cool. And it's rated M for Mature. So fucking, fucks and fucking violence.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71  Edited By Sackmanjones

It is visually amazing. Anybody saying otherwise is crazy. Im sure the videos online don't even justify how good it looks

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By biospank

So this game is a one of those promises of next gen graphics and the same can be said about the showcase of unreal engine4 and that square tech demo. But the reason why I have my eye on it is because of the mature SW story, agian I am not a fan of star wars but if its mixed with a formula that works in gameplay then it might become something that is awesome. 

bomberman294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bomberman294

looks good for me, just haven't played it yet so i don't know about the content..

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By NTM

It's like you're jumping on a bandwagon of people that have said this before. I think a good way to argue against that is just to say that we already know what this game is trying to convey in a sense. I think the fact that it is like Uncharted is a nice touch, but it's also a mature themed Star Wars game. I don't know about most others, but I personally haven't liked Star Wars since I was about ten, and it's because my interest in sci-fi has changed, and I like the more mature, realistic take on it.

Star Wars has always seemed like it was made for kids in mind, like a family film, and I think this is doing something different in a world you know has more to it. I also don't care for Jedi's anymore. I'd like a Star Wars that the "younglings" can't play. I have no problem with sci-fi's that aren't for a mature audience, but I just think Star Wars is a bit annoying on that level. The thing that I thought didn't look great, and I never mentioned before, was when it showed a close up to the main characters face, mainly around the mouth area, it'd looked a bit off.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mitsuko_souma

But it didn't look that good. And the cut scene they showed just seemed boring and generic. I see why many people who be excited about a mature Star Wars game, but the way people went bonkers over this just confuses me.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By prestonhedges

@tariqari said:

The graphics don't look that good...and remember TFU? It looked to be an astonishing push forward in physics and graphics and look how that turned out. And why do people want this to be Uncharted? Uncharted is Uncharted. Companies should stop ripping of other companies games and use a long lost principle called creativity.

Because creativity doesn't work unless it's an accident. You can't take a big budget title and say, "Okay, be creative and go nuts!!" No one's going to pay for that. It's why movies are always pitched as, "______ meets ______!" Take two big things and say your movie's like that. "It's like Star Wars meets Uncharted!" Boom. Money.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By tariqari

@gladspooky said:

@tariqari said:

Because creativity doesn't work unless it's an accident. You can't take a big budget title and say, "Okay, be creative and go nuts!!" No one's going to pay for that. It's why movies are always pitched as, "______ meets ______!" Take two big things and say your movie's like that. "It's like Star Wars meets Uncharted!" Boom. Money.

Creative ≠ going nuts. People pay for creativity all the time. It's what they spent their money on when they saw Inception, or Transformers, or Star Wars. They payed to see something different. Heck, Uncharted was different once upon a time!! What people don't need is more of the same. The whole reason people play video games is to get away from the mundane routines of everyday life. Why all of the sudden would people want to make it a routine of playing essentially the same thing over and over; does this not become work itself? the very reality of repetition people attempted to flee in the first place?

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By haggis

Mass Effect is over, and Mass Effect was basically a continuation of the gameplay style of Knights of the Old Republic. I'm excited because this might be ( might be) a return to that style of play within the Star Wars universe. And yes, it looks fantastic from a graphical standpoint. I'm just hoping it's more of an RPG than just another Uncharted game (though I wouldn't be opposed to that, either). It's been awhile since we've had a decent single-player Star Wars game, and this looks like it's taking some of the unexplored areas of the universe and doing something different with them. So, yes, excited. I'm also skeptical, but we've hardly seen anything of the game, so at this point I think some skepticism is justified.

Avatar image for arcane_workshop
    Arcane_Workshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Arcane_Workshop

Seems like a weak argument, really. If the hang-up here is that this game looks like a rip off of other titles you've already played... why did this line suddenly get drawn here, at "Star Wars 1313"? Your issue is larger than this game.

Most video games (nowadays especially) can be viewed as derivative, whether they actually are or not, there are always similar games. It's been this way for a very long time. Were always going to have common tropes, stereotypes, archetypes and mechanics in our entertainment.

As for the lack of character interaction and "witty humor and banter" well who knows... maybe it's not that kind of game after-all. Or maybe the Uncharted style of humor just doesn't fit in with the theme/mood they want to convey in this title... which would make a lot of sense, considering this isn't an Uncharted game. It's a Star Wars game.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Tarsier

people are excited that the next generation of graphics is coming . . . not about the actual game

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By ajamafalous

Who are you people that are saying this is not the best technically looking game you've ever seen? What game looks better?

Avatar image for oppressivestink
    OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By OppressiveStink

@Tarsier: @mitsuko_souma: @Rohok:

I want to give you the point of view from someone who isn't hyped only because of the graphics(which look super cool).

I am hyped about this game because I love Star Wars but hate Jedi, Sith and all that force bullshit. A game that takes place with a normal human who's not some big-wig jedi or sith set in the Star Wars universe is compelling to me.

Imagine this, you're a bounty hunter but you owe some powerful people a lot of money, and you need it sooner than later. All of a sudden, a big job comes down the pipe, you won't know the target until you meet with the client, and to do that, you must accept the job.

So do you accept the job, knowing it's going to be dangerous? Or do you try to avoid those powers that want their money? Or let's say you take the job, meet the client and you find out, it's an ex-jedi you have to bring in.

It's like if Han Solo took on Darth Vader instead of Luke. Using his wits, his resources and his luck to overcome odds that seem insurmountable.

Oh hell, who am I kidding? It takes a special company like Lucas Arts to totally fuck up something cool like this!

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are just optimistic after all the crap we've gotten lately from Star Wars universe.

Good Bounty Hunter game is most welcome.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#84  Edited By MightyDuck

Too be honest, I'm looking forward to it solely because it could be a solid Star Wars title adrift a sea of mediocrity.

I grew up playing all the old Star Wars games like Dark Forces, TIE Fighter, Rebel Assault 2, etc. I would love another good Star Wars game.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By warxsnake

Its back to the old Star Wars style. That alone is exciting

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By Alexandru

Im getting sick of these kinds of threads. It's because we're smarter than you, ok?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#87  Edited By Justin258

I haven't seen the trailer in a long time but I remember thinking "eh, it's pretty, but not THAT pretty".

Also, this thread is four months old. Jus' sayin'. It's a bit old.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By Sooty

Doesn't look that great to me, Witcher 2 on PC using ultra settings however, now that is a fine looking game.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Rohok

Thread revival lol. Didn't even notice.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#90  Edited By fox01313

Until it comes out I vote for rabid star wars fans wanting anything new.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#91  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Rohok said:

Thread revival lol. Didn't even notice.

Yeah, was about to say, thread was from E3
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#92  Edited By TobbRobb

Style>techincal prowess when it comes to graphics. I'll be mildly optimistic about this affair as a Star Wars fan, but there are definitely TONS of game that are more graphically appealing to me. This doesn't really look like anything special.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By _Zombie_

It's not a kinect game, it's not another shitty TFU sequel, and it's not tied in any way to the shitty Clone Wars cartoon. And it looks pretty. I'm allowed to be a little excited for something like this.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Zekhariah

Star Wars has generally been a point of interest. Games based on the license range from genre classics to garbage, and for 1313 it looks like a new view on the SW universe with a early preview of what new consoles will provide.

There is not enough to say it will be good, but considering how other SW games have looked before release lately, there is at least nothing that is terribly off-putting.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#95  Edited By Jeust

What is interesting in the Star Wars universe to me are the use of force powers, the different philosophies, and its timeless and titanic battles. Without these elements there isn't much that differentiates this universe from others.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#96  Edited By sean2206

It's an interesting look at a unique area of the star wars universe but more importantly it is the first glimpse at the next console generation and it is one of the most graphically impressive games ever. In terms of gameplay it is nothing overly innovative or new.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By sasnake

This game is popular, ill make a thread saying I dont get it to make me look cool and different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.