Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

I'm a kinda excited for it, but...

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By spaceturtle

...wont the "triggered events" become old pretty fast?

If you're even slightly aware of what Split/Second is all about, you know that there are these key moments where you or any other player can trigger these events that makes bridge, boats, roads etc explode, throwing junk form the explosion onto the track messing up the position of the drivers close to what ever happens. This is all very cool I think personally and the gameplay footage of this looks great. But wont the whole triggering of these events become very predictable after having played it for a while? In that case all that is left is just another racing game, now I'm not interested in that. Any thoughts on this?

Colf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Colf

Of course the triggered events will become old.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Yeah, Everyone knows the triggered events will wear off in novelty, what were you expecting, a huge eyegasm and surprise every time a bridge explodes under you?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Why is it only a problem to have scripted events in racing games? Are you bothered to hell when, like, every shooter has a scripted event?

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @ryanwho said:
    " Why is it only a problem to have scripted events in racing games? Are you bothered to hell when, like, every shooter has a scripted event? "
    Its a racing game, IT WILL HAVE A LOT OF SCRIPTED EVENTS, because it happens at least twice every lap. scripted events in shooters happen every hour and a half or so.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate

as opposed to driving around all those laps with NOTHING else happening? racing games are repetitive by nature - this just adds a teeny bit of variation

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " as opposed to driving around all those laps with NOTHING else happening? racing games are repetitive by nature - this just adds a teeny bit of variation "
    Yes, I already know that. LOL 
    GiovanniSantos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiovanniSantos

Well, honestly, I'm OK with this, since i played enough Burnout Paradise to know the name of almost all streets and all shortcuts...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.