Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spacebase DF-9

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 15, 2012

As a starbase commander, players must build, operate, and maintain their own space station, making sure the various races that live there are safe and content.

Spacebase DF-9 is really charming

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Here's a few GIFs I made to illustrate this fact.

Space teabagging

Gotta admit, hipsters do have good taste in music.

No chicken alien, stop panicking! Just put a helmet on!

Wii U is in it for the long haul!

While I'm enjoying the general management gameplay, it's the Double Fine humour that has me staying. The Spaceface (it's like Twitter) is a brilliant idea because unlike other games that use fake twitters, this gives you valuable info and has pretty funny writing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This game really looks like it is up my alley but I think I am gonna hold off until its more feature complete. How are you liking it so far?

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By micemoney

Oh man, I just watched Adam Sessler and Co. playing this on Youtube yesterday and it looked good. Gotta love those space chickens. Still deciding if I should buy this now or wait for it to be more complete.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

After buying Godus the day it came out, I don't think I'll be jumping in on any more early access games; My days of endlessly playing the same game are over. I look forward to playing this after it's done though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@assinass: As someone who loves the shit out of Dwarf Fortress, I'm really interested in a pretty DF set in space. But, as @kidavenger said above me, after seeing Godus come out and also Planetary Annihilation (which I am also excited for), I have been completely driven away from Early Access games on Steam. I'd rather enjoy the full thing when it comes out rather than play it now and going off it before it is fully featured.

So, would you recommend it? Or shall I just jump on The Stanley Parable instead?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Devil240Z

charming is the best you can say. I say fucking sick as shit! okay its basic and kinda buggy as fuck. but I have no cant learn dwarf fortress so DF-9 is the best I got.

@chavtheworld godus aint shit. that game isn't a sim at all.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is this basically Dwarf Fortress without the incomprehensible interface?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

I want to slap the person who made the interface. Luckily it is early days.

The game feels like a carbon copy of Space Colony, from the way you build to the way characters animate.

No Caption Provided

The way derelicts and ships docking with your base "becomes" your base needs to be taken out of the game as well.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How has this game progressed in recent months? Has it gotten deeper?

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Dwarf Fortress definitely sounds awesome and I was about to pick it up when it became early access, but after reading a first impression on RPS I decided to wait until it got a bit more feature rich. Until then I got Gnomoria, which is has a much lower learning curve than DF, while still retaining a fairly high level of complexity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.