Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment America

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment America is the North American subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. SIEA is responsible for publishing and marketing Sony's hardware and software in that region.

Sony is being left behind

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By angelkanarias
    Time for change
    Time for change
    Sony has the most powerfull platform on the market, but they still don't know how to manage it. Microsoft has been the most porductive in this matter. They are developing an easy to work with ''media box''. I think sony fails to see this.

The new interface to browse around your 360 and the media sevices was the first sign that Microsoft tried to create something more with their platform. The Netflix support was another big step. Now we can see this clear with the new facebook aplication. This campaign is basically trying to establish that platform as a ''must-have'' media hardware such as a DVD player. Sony owns some of the best film producers and they still don't offer this service in places such as Europe. Even if they did, 80 percent of the population won't get there if they have to press more than 2 buttons. The PS-Store is too complicated for anyone to get there.

Use this
    Use this
    Wake up Sony! Sony is living up from the money of the hardcore gamers, it is time for them to center themselves on more people. You have the blu-ray, take the advantage of it, you can sell the PS3 as a Blu-ray player or a ''next-gen media player''. I hope Sony does make the changes the new direction has been talking about, such as making compatible every single device with each other.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By angelkanarias
    Time for change
    Time for change
    Sony has the most powerfull platform on the market, but they still don't know how to manage it. Microsoft has been the most porductive in this matter. They are developing an easy to work with ''media box''. I think sony fails to see this.

The new interface to browse around your 360 and the media sevices was the first sign that Microsoft tried to create something more with their platform. The Netflix support was another big step. Now we can see this clear with the new facebook aplication. This campaign is basically trying to establish that platform as a ''must-have'' media hardware such as a DVD player. Sony owns some of the best film producers and they still don't offer this service in places such as Europe. Even if they did, 80 percent of the population won't get there if they have to press more than 2 buttons. The PS-Store is too complicated for anyone to get there.

Use this
    Use this
    Wake up Sony! Sony is living up from the money of the hardcore gamers, it is time for them to center themselves on more people. You have the blu-ray, take the advantage of it, you can sell the PS3 as a Blu-ray player or a ''next-gen media player''. I hope Sony does make the changes the new direction has been talking about, such as making compatible every single device with each other.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I still like the PS3's interface than the Xbox's...Xbox's is so slow, Ps3 is less complicated, faster, and you can get to demo's and movies a lot faster too. It takes a good 45 seconds for my demos to load on the xbox dashboard.

Avatar image for primevilkneivel
    PrimevilKneivel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrimevilKneivel

IMO Blu-ray is what has hurt it. They were banking on the user base to win the format war, that didn't work. That's called banking on the future. When Warner rolled over and handed them the victory they were still stuck with a machine that was too expensive for most people. and now they have to live with that.

Personally I think it was an arrogant assumption that they would naturally dominate that lead them to make a machine that is too costly to allow them to dominate the install base.

I don't have much experience with the PS3, but I do agree MS has been very clever to make their system one that gets better over time through software upgrades. And an affordable one at that.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tiwi

wait you call the cross-media-bar complicated, the PSN store complicated and you bash it for not delivering video to europe?
    well my friend:
    1. i find the cross-media-bar is more simplistic than the 360dashboard, because it's easy to navigate and you know where everything is (PIS!!!! that's why the 360 had to design a new dashboard)
    2.the PSN store has a search bar, easy to see new content, good seperation and descriptions (and yes some thing are a little wierd but the other stuff makes up for it)
    3. and had the HD dvd survived the 360 probably would not have Netflix at this stage. and i live in europe and you can create an american account and buy videos from the american store, becasue thePS3 has no REGION LOCK.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.