Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 26, 2002

Take to the skies as Vyse and his fellow Blue Rogues as they battle a powerful Empire and an ancient evil to save the world in this enhanced Gamecube port of Overworks' Dreamcast RPG.

Ten Reasons This Game Needs Re-Released

Avatar image for keaton_scheffer
    keaton_scheffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By keaton_scheffer

This game is the most underrated rpg ever.

Here is why:

1) Certain concepts are used in this game that are just now being innovated in to popular games such as final fantasy.

2) This game was released with little to no advertisement, and had fewer copies in America than in Japan.

3) When this game was released it was released to an underrated system, during a time where the gaming industry had not yet hit its peak. View the Total Annual Sales for Sony last year - Even just the digital sales.

4) This game is absolutely the most beautiful game I have ever played, out of thousands of games. This is the game I wish I had during 2002. Honestly, I just started playing it a few weeks back, and I can't pull away... I have found every chest, talked to every person 2-3 times, explored every crevice of every detail about the game including the detailed arts, the AI's movements, habits, etc.

5) The game is modified and altered from its original material due to Nintendo's idea of appropriate gaming.

6) This is a near open realm game, and one of the first of its time it appears.

7) The immense amount of effort you placed into this game, every tiny little detail... the rift, everything, is mesmorizing. I would kill to be able to create and present games like this to the world as in my personal opinion, games can alter an individual's personality, create a mood, create inspiration, and simply allow a person to enjoy the imagination given to us that often disappears with age.

8) This game has replayablity, it has a draw on you to play the game more than one time if you've beaten it. It makes me want to grind my levels up and try to beat the incredibly unique bosses before I was ever supposed to.

9) There are several things that could be done to earn your title the recognition it deserves. Those being, a new console perhaps (not the wii), voice acting, advertisement with brief narration describing the true size of the game, New technology would allow you to apply the full soundtracks to the game, perhaps even unlockable content, and the gaming mechanics put into the 2002 version of the game are perfection to say the very least even though the game had less sales than your previous release it seems.

10) Lastly, your epic game is your trademark, and those who have played it, know that. You invested incredible amounts of time creating it, and it deserves the real recognition that you put that detail in for. When you released your game it was during a time where gamers were just getting into the gaming world. It has long since evolved from its primitive state and as you can see, games are sold by the millions of copies at 50 bucks per copy. With a brief and descriptive advertising strategy your game would be the best selling game of the year before the preorders were delivered.

-Keaton Scheffer

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

You've got it all wrong. Reason #1 should have been "because it's too expensive in the second hand market to even bother with".

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd buy it.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. That being said we need to stop digging back in the past and remaking games (re-release the same exact game into newer consoles is a different story that I am all for)

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's awesome. A JRPG where everybody isn't all mopey and whining the entire time.

http://javiersoto4.js-kunou.net/kuntendo/screenshots/skiesofarcadialegends/Vyse-Aika-and-Friends.jpg

Avatar image for keaton_scheffer
    keaton_scheffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By keaton_scheffer

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1:

This is a very valid point as well. Copies of this game are starting at 30$ due to the low amount of copies released in the states. I personally found this buried in my girlfriends stack of games after 3 years of living together. I finally was convinced to give it a try after a mention of the currency system and the close to free realm world.

@morningstar said:

I'd buy it.

I personally would purchase this game just for the ability to have the game on another system. Let alone the potential tiny tweaks to the game, I.E, something to completely avoid battles (for those non random encounter types) aside from White map and The unseen hand.

@oscar__explosion said:

This is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. That being said we need to stop digging back in the past and remaking games (re-release the same exact game into newer consoles is a different story that I am all for)

Agreed. That's exactly what I want from this game. I don't mind them expanding it into a series, as long as the tweaks are minor. This game has the potential to hit 1 million copies easily, I mean the games made today sell 1 million digital copies with under 80 hours of gameplay.

@jimbo said:

It's awesome. A JRPG where everybody isn't all mopey and whining the entire time.

One of key differences between FF and this game is the attitude. It's inspirational really. Certain rpg games that I won't list, at times seemed to have a negative reaction versus the really do-or-die vibe given from Vyse and the team when they face their endeavors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.