Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

skate.

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 14, 2007

In Electronic Arts' Skate, you create a skater and complete various photo and video challenges to get sponsors and become well known in the skating world as you appear on magazines such as Skateboard Mag and Thrasher.

Whats brings you back to this game?

dimpley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dimpley

I am a, somewhat, devoted skateboarder as well as a massive game freak so this obviously caught my eye straight off the bat!
    (Hopefully along with everyone else in the same demographic, if not your missing out!)
    But once the story was done and I'd got through all the single player achievements (multilayer never caught my fancy) i keep coming back to it.
    Through all the halo's, GTA's and COD's , i am proud to say that this is my most played game, and have racked up a total of nearly 50 hours.

So basically the question for you skate. fanatics is whats keeps us coming back? Whats on the end of that hook that you just cant resist!?

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jlaudio7

Just the overall openness of the world, I find cool new spots and tricks to do everyday. Also, the instant replay feature.

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By McDazzle
    jlaudio7 said:
    "Just the overall openness of the world, I find cool new spots and tricks to do everyday. Also, the instant replay feature."
    Indeed
    AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AttackedCamo

I think I like it so much because of its fluid gameplay.

Luca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Luca

I've had this game since it's release and logged many hours on it. For me it's kind of relaxing. If I get pissed while playing some other game, I can just pop in Skate and just free skate without feeling like I have to accomplish anything. Plus with the openness of the world, you end up making up your own challenges just by free skating, like just doing tricks on stuff.

Avatar image for reversethedevil
    reversethedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By reversethedevil

I got it about 4 or 5 months ago and haven't stopped playing it since i got it. Feels more like skating to me than tony hawk. it's cool to just ride around and flip to rails. Actually, it's been about 6 years since i've skated and this game made me want to pick up my board again (i'm so rusty). I like that it's not quite a sim ,but not as ridiculous as the tony hawk games. I haven't been into a skating game this much since THPS2 but then again i only played that through once and i got tired of it pretty quick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.