Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill

Franchise »

Silent Hill is a survival horror game franchise that revolves around the tourist town of Silent Hill; its dark link with the occult and its co-existence with its two other-dimensional forms, "Otherworld" and "Nowhere".

Whats the order?

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By hungrynun

With the release of homecoming and my new found abilities to not wet myself when playing a scary game, I was looking to the SH franchise to test my new ability.

I would like to play them in chronological order according to the story. Anyone keen on this topic?

Avatar image for aneternalenigma
    AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

There really isn't an order. Each game is its own. SH3 can be considered somewhat of a sequel to SH1, but you don't really discover that it is a sequel until about half way through. SH4 has some very loose references to SH2, but it has nowhere near the connection that SH3 has to SH1. Origins is completely independent of past games.

As someone who has played the crap out of every game, I would suggest only making sure you play SH1 before SH3. SH3 will make a ton more sense if you know what happened in SH1 first. You can play the other games in whatever order you'd like.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Spoiler :

Every thing in the town of hill happens because of the order . the order at first was established by people who used to worship Satan  (because of censorship it is called Samuel ) . this order decided to sacrifice a girl called Alessa in order to give birth to God (Satan) but things have changed and Alessa ‘s nightmarish thoughts influenced silent hill and turned it into its current form . Four of the members of the order decided to leave silent hill and have a city of their own but they needed a protection from God (again Satan) and for that they had made a pact with the order . I think you know the rest since Homecoming explains everything during the game .    

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By hungrynun

Thanks. I never really thought about them having a separate story each, a separate story that which each of them involving the town of course.

Much appreciated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.