Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadowrun Returns

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

Shadowrun Returns is a turn-based RPG created by Harebrained Schemes.

looks like we have release date for Dragonfall (27 Feb)

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

http://store.steampowered.com/app/272030/

The recent spate of decent Shadowrun community content has got me nicely hyped for playing this.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Hmm, kinda put down the new Shadowrun after finishing the campaign.

If it's just some new content with a couple of new toys that's not going to be enough for me to pick it up personally.

However if they did some expanding of the base mechanics so that character/loot progression is not quite so barebones as well as integrated hacking/drones/charisma better into the game entire (or in fact just gave more interesting and better stuff to do with all the different character skills). Plus make a proper over world with more freeform traveling/quests/branches, then I'd be more interested.

Altho I suppose by this point it sounds like I am just looking for a whole new game release rather then a $15 expansion. But hey, there will be a lull in new releases at some point and I will inevitably pick this up anyway. :)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Anybody tried the new DLC yet? I enjoyed the base game but not sure how much content there is from this new stuff.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@i_stay_puft: I haven't played it yet but according to the devs a completionist could spend around 18 hours in the new campaign.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@starvinggamer said:

@i_stay_puft: I haven't played it yet but according to the devs a completionist could spend around 18 hours in the new campaign.

That sounds like a deal for the 15 bucks cost of it. Been reading up and it sounds like the developers put more time on the story and characters in the new stuff. Super tempting right about now but I think I'll wait till more reviews are out before purchasing it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It sounds like they made an actual RPG instead of an ultra-linear series of fights and sometimes meaningless dialogue. Sounds like something I'll pick up on sale.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I picked it up, like the weak willed bastard I am. But I've got LoS2 and Thief on my plate at the same time, so it'll be hard squeezing in Shadorun in between these before DS2 comes out.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey, looks like they also got a save-anywhere working for Returns also! Finally gonna start playing it after picking it up in the winter sale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.