Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Salt and Sanctuary

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 15, 2016

Side-scrolling 2D action RPG about a sailor shipwrecked on a mysterious island.

Salt and Sanctuary - Available now on Steam

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By InstantRyan

Heads up for anyone who was waiting for the PC version.

The game appeared on Steam today and has a 10% discount until May 24th.

Price: $17.99 ($16.19 with 10% off).

Edit: Store Links

Steam

Humble Store

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll wait just a little bit to see what first impressions are like on the performance front, but provided there are no major issues (please don't tell me this is locked to 30fps) I am certainly picking this up. It looks like a heap of fun.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved playing through this on my PS4. As long as no huge bugs / performance issues start popping up, I'd recommend this to any Souls game fans. 2D platformer / beat-em-up fans might like this quite a bit too.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loved playing through this on my PS4. As long as no huge bugs / performance issues start popping up, I'd recommend this to any Souls game fans. 2D platformer / beat-em-up fans might like this quite a bit too.

Even for those not into souls games, any Metroidvania fans would be doing themselves a favor by picking this up. It's a nice sized game, too. I'd say it took me a little under 20 hours to finish, and it offers a new game + feature.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I love Souls games and "metroidvania" games but I really didn't care for this game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

This game's good, it's better than Lords of the Fallen and worse than Demon's Souls in the Souls hierarchy, there are about 10-12 horribly designed enemies in it, but none of them are bosses so that's a plus. Also expect Indie Game platforming, you know the drill.

Dying is basically like a 1-1.5 minute setback so even though the average death count in this game for non OP builds is in the 200-300 range it's not functionally that much harder (though it is harder than DS3). Dying in a platformer is pretty meaningless basically.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Maluvin

I feel the same as @sammo21. I picked this up and thought it was initially okay but ultimately it ended up feeling flat. Both as a Souls inspired game and as a metroidvania I just didn't feel like it ever hit a high spot. Felt too derivative at times. Some of the boss design are cool but the actual boss fights weren't memorable the way a Souls boss is and it didn't nail that same sense of mastery or accomplishment when you beat one.

It's not a bad game but if you like Dark Souls I'm not sure why you wouldn't just replay one of those games with a different weapon rather than pick this one up

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddammit im running out of money!

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I totally forgot this was gonna be released on Steam, so this was a pleasant surprise for me when I finished Doom. I'm about 6-7 bosses in by now and I'm really torn on the game. It scratches the same itch as Dark Souls (obviously) but I keep thinking the game's biggest weakness is the 2D. The dodge roll feels kinda useless, I keep dying by falling of ledges, combat around small platforms is hopeless and I get fucked over by enemies avoiding my swing by phasing through me. This would probably be amazing if it went a bit heavier on the Metroidvania side and a little less on the Souls. Maybe it's an upgrade I haven't found yet but I feel it desperately needs a double jump and/or an air dash.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RonGalaxy

This game is good; I actually liked it better than ds3. If you haven't played it yet, you should. I'm excited to replay it on vita when that version gets released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.