Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rollerdrome

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 16, 2022

A fast-paced third-person shooter centered around roller skating movement and tricks, from the creators of OlliOlli.

Rollerdrome is the 4th game of UUGPGC Year 3! Finish by February 26! Spoilers open!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

EDIT: SPOILERS OPEN!

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club Year 3! Our 4th game of 2024 is Rollerdrome. The target completion date is February 26, 2024.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after February 26, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You are also free to come back any time after the completion date and share your thoughts! This club is meant to be open to all whenever you want to join in the fun!

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

What is Rollerdrome?

A very stylish single player arena shooter that blends extreme sports gameplay with gunplay. Think Tony Hawk meets that Dreamcast Spawn game (everyone knows the Dreamcast Spawn game, right?)

How long is Rollerdrome?

How long to beat lists it as 4.5 hours long.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 bigsocrates  Online

I played this game when it launched on PlayStation and I really enjoyed it. There are definitely some things I think that could be improved (I think the trick system doesn't feel great and is finnicky to grab the tokens, and at times it definitely feels overall clunky) but the look and sound was fantastic and when you get in the zone it's a lot of fun to play. Personally I would rather have focused on just surviving levels than accomplishing specific goals, but I understand the Tony Hawk throwback.

I also think it has one of the best underplayed stories in a game that I can remember. Just fantastic for how sparse it is and definitely adds to the game's atmosphere, which is the best thing about it.

hexhunter222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I followed the dev of this game on Twitter when clips of his rollerskating and shooting gameplay demo went rival and was interested in seeing it become a full game. When he stopped posting I assumed he had got a job at a big company and gave up developing the game until he announced that the game was picked up by Roll7, probably the ideal outcome for everyone involved.

I got the game on release and enjoyed it but as the game went on found myself increasingly struggling with the difficulty of the arenas. I never identified any specific mechanics I disliked, I just couldn't survive and kill all the enemies.

Coming back to it now I see I was stuck about half way through the levels, first mission of the third set, with about 10 hours play time. I also see that there are some very deep assist options which I believe must have been added since I played. Hopefully playing with those will get me to the end of the game in the next few days.

If I make any progress I'll be sure to report back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.