Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

Top (or bottom) 10 Worst Songs on Rock Band 1 & 2

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Edited By Arkthemaniac

Okay, I'm taking a break from the Wii love for a blog. Don't worry, I'll comment more on that subject at a later time. This has to be done.

Looking back on the Rock Band games, they've had some excellent choices for songs. The first made such epic choices as Won't Get Fooled Again, Tom Sawyer, Don't Fear The Reaper, Highway Star, Cherub Rock, etc. The early songs were fun, too, especially Should I Stay or Should I Go and In Bloom. When I opened up Rock Band 2, I got similar stuff, like Man in the Box, You Oughta Know, The Trees, Ace of Spades, all the good stuff. However, there have been some major blemishes on the list that I have to cover. There are three rules to the list: It has to be a disc song, and it can't be a bonus song. Okay, here goes . . .

Oh, though I couldn't find room on the list, Run To The Hills kina sucked. Yeah, I know OMG TEH MEATL HAET!!! Save it. It's not fun for drums or bass. It's just tiring.

10. The ABYSMAL cover of Tom Sawyer - Some Random Band

Yeah, I know I was just talking about how Tom Sawyer was a great choice for Rock Band. It is. I know that now, after paying to hear the original version. From the cover, though, all I could say is, "Who the Hell is this dildo failing miserably at a Geddy Lee impression!?!" The instruments are fine for the most part, except the end. They had the balls to put a Big Rock Finish at the end, and all it consists of is stock pentatonic shredding! Rush doesn't do that. They made this song was a chore to play, even tough it's a classic.

9. So What'cha Want - Beastie Boys

Sabotage really grew on me in Rock Band 1. It ended being a song that I enjoyed doing all parts for. On the contrary, I can't enjoy anything in So What'cha Want except for vocals. The song is much more standard than Sabotage, and is therefore incredibly repetitive, especially on the drums. Beastie Boys aren't my favorite band, nor are they my least favorie, but I rue playing this song.

8. Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill

This song is just plain annoying. None of the parts are particularly fun to play, and the lyrics are about as bad as girl punk will get. Grating, and with a lack of drive or meaning, it fails at being a fun song due to its slow, brooding pace and isn't a good song because of how lame it all is. Tsk tsk, random ass punk band.

7. Painkiller - Judas Priest

I used to be a pretty big Priest fan. Their stuff was fun to listen to, and their riff-heavy, dual lead style made them unique. So, why are they on here? Well, Painkiller came out in 1990. There are sooo many better Judas Priest songs for a Rock Band game. They could do Freewheel Burning, Breaking the Law, Hell Bent For Leather, the list goes on. Instead, they pick a song from an album from a year when 80's metal was dead. Painkiller came out in the same year as Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden and Nevermind by Nirvana. It was obscure at that point. Painkiller may be kinda fun, but when you think of the songs they could have chosen, it becomes frustrating.

6. Dead on Arrival - Fall Out Boy

Okay, let me go back to when I first heard this song, before I had really heard much of Fall Out Boy. The name scrolled up, and the note chart started coming. Within 15 seconds, we had failed. It took my family a while to beat this song, and a lot of songs in the game are like that (My favorite guitar part in either game, Flirtin' With Disaster, kicked my ass more times than I can count), but just because it kicked my ass doesn't make it good or fun. It's just exhausting. The guitar is stuck permanently in chordland, the bass is stuck permanently in "Hey-follow-that-guitarist" mode, and the drums are just mindless. When I eventually beat this song on expert, which I have with all parts, I never looked back. It's a frustrating mess.

5. Panic Attack - Dream Theater

I used to kinda like Dream Theater. Then again, I was impressionable. Here's a band that said, "Hey check this out we're not mainstream and we all have college degrees in music and our bassist is Asian HEY YOU WATCH US SHRED OMG!!!", and I bought into it for a while. Then, It kinda hit me while I was playing this song. These guys don't reakky know that they're writing a song. The bassist is pretty good, and he holds down the song pretty well, and the singer has some interesting words to say in an interesting way, but the guitarist and drummer are literally just wanking off their instruments for the entire song. It may not be terrible, but it's not fun. Not in the slightest. I see this song as being one like Dead On Arrival. Once I beat it, I'll be happy never playing it again. That's not the kind of song you want in a rhythm game.

4. Welcome Home - Coheed And Cambria

Believe it or not, I love progressive rock. Rush? Yes? King Crimson? Jethro Tull? Bread and butter to me. Since these bands had their heyday, multiple acts have acted to alienate me from the genre. Before I go on, I will say that in no way, shape or form is Tool one of those bands. Dream Theater is, tough, and, to a greater extent, so is Coheed and Cambria. Welcome Home is an example of a song that tries so goddamn hard to be epic, yet fails because it's trying so hard. It's like when a guy gets obsessive over a girl and tries to do anything to win her affection. That's Welcome Home. For a good 6 minutes, probably more, I'm treated to every epic riff ever written, ending with Gregorian Chant. COME ON!!!! It doesn't help that I have had to play this innumerable times online.

3. Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws

This is probably the prime example of a song that has no place in Rock Band. The singer has vocals for probably 1/8 of the song, it's too long, and the guitar solos are impossible. I've yet to beat this song on expert for guitar. I've simply never had fun with this song. IT's also really obscure. I've never met someone that knew this song prior to this game. Few vocals, balls hard, obscure? Why is this on Rock Band?

2. A Jagged Gorgeous Winter - The Main Drag

WHY IS THIS SONG ON HERE!?! Better yet, WHY DOES THIS SONG EXIST!?! I mean, seriously, as if my perception of Indie Rock wasn't bad enough. It's just a mess. The instruments feel completely random and have no correlation with one another, the lyrics are retarded "NIGHTS FILLED WITH LONGER HOURS OMG", and it just isn't fun. The best part is that the writer of that song probably feels like a genius. This song fails, anyone who likes this song fails, let's move on to #1.

1. Visions - Abnormality

Any list of this type without this as the top is completely bullshit. All I can really say is that you dickheads HAD to ask for more metal. Well, LOOK WHAT YOU GOT INTO MY ROCK BAND!?! This song is probably the worst I've ever heard. Worse than Paramore, Fall Out Boy, anyone else. I blame all you metalheads with your incessant bitching. KEEP YOUR SHITTY MUSIC OUTTA MY ROCK BAND!!!!

Well, that's enough of that. See ya around. Also, again, screw you metalheads.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Okay, I'm taking a break from the Wii love for a blog. Don't worry, I'll comment more on that subject at a later time. This has to be done.

Looking back on the Rock Band games, they've had some excellent choices for songs. The first made such epic choices as Won't Get Fooled Again, Tom Sawyer, Don't Fear The Reaper, Highway Star, Cherub Rock, etc. The early songs were fun, too, especially Should I Stay or Should I Go and In Bloom. When I opened up Rock Band 2, I got similar stuff, like Man in the Box, You Oughta Know, The Trees, Ace of Spades, all the good stuff. However, there have been some major blemishes on the list that I have to cover. There are three rules to the list: It has to be a disc song, and it can't be a bonus song. Okay, here goes . . .

Oh, though I couldn't find room on the list, Run To The Hills kina sucked. Yeah, I know OMG TEH MEATL HAET!!! Save it. It's not fun for drums or bass. It's just tiring.

10. The ABYSMAL cover of Tom Sawyer - Some Random Band

Yeah, I know I was just talking about how Tom Sawyer was a great choice for Rock Band. It is. I know that now, after paying to hear the original version. From the cover, though, all I could say is, "Who the Hell is this dildo failing miserably at a Geddy Lee impression!?!" The instruments are fine for the most part, except the end. They had the balls to put a Big Rock Finish at the end, and all it consists of is stock pentatonic shredding! Rush doesn't do that. They made this song was a chore to play, even tough it's a classic.

9. So What'cha Want - Beastie Boys

Sabotage really grew on me in Rock Band 1. It ended being a song that I enjoyed doing all parts for. On the contrary, I can't enjoy anything in So What'cha Want except for vocals. The song is much more standard than Sabotage, and is therefore incredibly repetitive, especially on the drums. Beastie Boys aren't my favorite band, nor are they my least favorie, but I rue playing this song.

8. Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill

This song is just plain annoying. None of the parts are particularly fun to play, and the lyrics are about as bad as girl punk will get. Grating, and with a lack of drive or meaning, it fails at being a fun song due to its slow, brooding pace and isn't a good song because of how lame it all is. Tsk tsk, random ass punk band.

7. Painkiller - Judas Priest

I used to be a pretty big Priest fan. Their stuff was fun to listen to, and their riff-heavy, dual lead style made them unique. So, why are they on here? Well, Painkiller came out in 1990. There are sooo many better Judas Priest songs for a Rock Band game. They could do Freewheel Burning, Breaking the Law, Hell Bent For Leather, the list goes on. Instead, they pick a song from an album from a year when 80's metal was dead. Painkiller came out in the same year as Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden and Nevermind by Nirvana. It was obscure at that point. Painkiller may be kinda fun, but when you think of the songs they could have chosen, it becomes frustrating.

6. Dead on Arrival - Fall Out Boy

Okay, let me go back to when I first heard this song, before I had really heard much of Fall Out Boy. The name scrolled up, and the note chart started coming. Within 15 seconds, we had failed. It took my family a while to beat this song, and a lot of songs in the game are like that (My favorite guitar part in either game, Flirtin' With Disaster, kicked my ass more times than I can count), but just because it kicked my ass doesn't make it good or fun. It's just exhausting. The guitar is stuck permanently in chordland, the bass is stuck permanently in "Hey-follow-that-guitarist" mode, and the drums are just mindless. When I eventually beat this song on expert, which I have with all parts, I never looked back. It's a frustrating mess.

5. Panic Attack - Dream Theater

I used to kinda like Dream Theater. Then again, I was impressionable. Here's a band that said, "Hey check this out we're not mainstream and we all have college degrees in music and our bassist is Asian HEY YOU WATCH US SHRED OMG!!!", and I bought into it for a while. Then, It kinda hit me while I was playing this song. These guys don't reakky know that they're writing a song. The bassist is pretty good, and he holds down the song pretty well, and the singer has some interesting words to say in an interesting way, but the guitarist and drummer are literally just wanking off their instruments for the entire song. It may not be terrible, but it's not fun. Not in the slightest. I see this song as being one like Dead On Arrival. Once I beat it, I'll be happy never playing it again. That's not the kind of song you want in a rhythm game.

4. Welcome Home - Coheed And Cambria

Believe it or not, I love progressive rock. Rush? Yes? King Crimson? Jethro Tull? Bread and butter to me. Since these bands had their heyday, multiple acts have acted to alienate me from the genre. Before I go on, I will say that in no way, shape or form is Tool one of those bands. Dream Theater is, tough, and, to a greater extent, so is Coheed and Cambria. Welcome Home is an example of a song that tries so goddamn hard to be epic, yet fails because it's trying so hard. It's like when a guy gets obsessive over a girl and tries to do anything to win her affection. That's Welcome Home. For a good 6 minutes, probably more, I'm treated to every epic riff ever written, ending with Gregorian Chant. COME ON!!!! It doesn't help that I have had to play this innumerable times online.

3. Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws

This is probably the prime example of a song that has no place in Rock Band. The singer has vocals for probably 1/8 of the song, it's too long, and the guitar solos are impossible. I've yet to beat this song on expert for guitar. I've simply never had fun with this song. IT's also really obscure. I've never met someone that knew this song prior to this game. Few vocals, balls hard, obscure? Why is this on Rock Band?

2. A Jagged Gorgeous Winter - The Main Drag

WHY IS THIS SONG ON HERE!?! Better yet, WHY DOES THIS SONG EXIST!?! I mean, seriously, as if my perception of Indie Rock wasn't bad enough. It's just a mess. The instruments feel completely random and have no correlation with one another, the lyrics are retarded "NIGHTS FILLED WITH LONGER HOURS OMG", and it just isn't fun. The best part is that the writer of that song probably feels like a genius. This song fails, anyone who likes this song fails, let's move on to #1.

1. Visions - Abnormality

Any list of this type without this as the top is completely bullshit. All I can really say is that you dickheads HAD to ask for more metal. Well, LOOK WHAT YOU GOT INTO MY ROCK BAND!?! This song is probably the worst I've ever heard. Worse than Paramore, Fall Out Boy, anyone else. I blame all you metalheads with your incessant bitching. KEEP YOUR SHITTY MUSIC OUTTA MY ROCK BAND!!!!

Well, that's enough of that. See ya around. Also, again, screw you metalheads.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i gotta say i dont agree with you on alot of these 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

That's what makes it a good list.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I agree with a lot of your choices, though I must say that I like "Green Grass and High Tides." it is also near impossible on drums but that is a good song.

I like that Moving Pictures was added as a whole, in which I promptly downloaded it, so I don't have to bear the "cover" of Rush. No one can cover Rush. No one.
    Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Woffls

I don't care about the rest, but Coheed and Green Grass? Dude.... what?

And being a fan of prog, you should know that most tracks don't stand on their own. Personally I think Welcome Home does, but it is only trying to be epic in the context in the rest of the album. But so what? It's fun to play for sure, that's all the matters right?

I'll give you that that Green Grass is too hard, but only because of the snakes at the end which break the song entirely and are no fun at all unless you're a tapping genius. But the rest of the song is honestly one of the most fun songs i've played in Rock Guitar Band Hero games. The solo's are all extremely fun to play

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By DJ_Lae

I love and hate Green Grass and High Tides. I can beat it on expert fairly consistently, but those triplets near the end of the second solo are an absolute bitch to play and are not fun at all. The rest of it is great - I love the solos up until that point, since they're fun to play.

Agreed on Visions, though. That 'song' is an absolute mess of dissonance and it's ridiculously difficult and a pain to play as it comes across like Animal given speed and let loose on a bunch of instruments.

Also can't argue with So Whatcha Want or Rebel Girl. Talk about raping my eardrums.

I'd nominate De-Luxe or Tangled Up In Blue (good lord Bob Dylan can't sing), the latter for being way too long and repetitive on pretty much every instrument. Unless you're singing - in which case you get to warble off-key for six or seven minutes.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    DJ_Lae said:
    Tangled Up In Blue (good lord Bob Dylan can't sing)
    Take back. Now.
    Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bonesofwar

Paramore didn't make the list? Damn son, maybe you won't end up working at McDonalds.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By DJ_Lae
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "DJ_Lae said:
    Tangled Up In Blue (good lord Bob Dylan can't sing)
    Take back. Now."

Well, he does have his own unique style.

I do think the song is a terrible inclusion in Rock Band 2, though, due to its length and repetitiveness.

Also, after playing some more Rock Band, I should add Cool for Cats (seriously, wtf), Feel the Pain, Psycho Killer, Uncontrollable Urge (I mistakenly listed De-Luxe earlier when I meant this atrocity), and Maps.

I can't believe I forgot the terrible cover of Run to the Hills, although I haven't put my Rock Band disc in my 360 for ages so it's been a while since I've been subjected to it.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Naughton

I got hit with Dead on Arrival a couple nights ago while doing a random setlist. I'd put that as my #1, and I agree with you on all the other songs on the list. Pure garbage.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead

What the fuck? I was just about to start a blog that was near enough exactly the same in concept. I agree with most of your choices though, particularly The Main Drag one. You should have noticed also how often that song comes up in the 'Mystery' set lists. So much so that when my friend asks me 'You up for some nights filled with longer hours?' I know exactly what he means. Also, how do you get Dead on Arrival? I've never seen it come up in any mode or anything.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hexpane

Why stop at 10? I've gotten plenty of songs I am forced to play in tour mode that I absolutely despise

"Dead on Arrival"     Fall Out Boy     
    Its fall out boy, and they phail emo style

"Detroit Rock City"     Kiss     
    Kiss sucks, and this is one of their worst songs.  The band is famous for make up

"Electric Version"     New Pornographers
    Just not a fan

"Epic"     Faith No More     1980s     Rock
    I used to think I liked FNM til I had to play this song

"Flirtin' with Disaster"     Molly Hatchet      
     Molly Hatchet, nuff said

"Green Grass and High Tides"     Outlaws
     Unfun to play

"Highway Star"     Deep Purple     
    Worst DP song ever

"The Hand That Feeds"     Nine Inch Nails     
    the most obnoxious NIN song ever, the lyrics speak for themselves, CLICHE CITY

"Train Kept A-Rollin'"     Aerosmith     
    The most annoying Aero song to play and listen to, drums, guitar, vocals, every part of this song screams FILLER NONSENSE

"29 Fingers"     KonksThe Konks      
    "Blood Doll"     Anarchy Club     
    "Can't Let Go"     Death of the Cool      
    "Day Late, Dollar Short"     Acro-BratsThe Acro-Brats      
    "I Get By"     Honest Bob and the
    Factory-to-Dealer Incentives     
    "Nightmare"     Crooked X     
    "Pleasure (Pleasure)"     Bang Camaro      
    "Seven"     Vagiant     2000s     Rock
     "Timmy and the Lords
    A Jagged Gorgeous Winter     Main DragThe Main Drag

No need to even comment on these

Alabama Getaway     Grateful DeadGrateful Dead
    Bad faux hippy band, it's COUNTRY MUSIC hacky sack players, it AINT NO ROC

Alive     Pearl Jam
    Absolute worst PJ song ever written, the lyrics are douche chilling

Almost Easy     Avenged Sevenfold
     EA sports, nuff said

Down with the Sickness     Disturbed
    Nu Metal at it's worst

Eye of the Tiger     Survivor
    Sucked in the 80s, it sucks even harder now.  Faux tough guy music

Hello There     Cheap Trick
    Worst CT song

I Was Wrong     Social Distortion
    Anyone who thinks SocialD is good music, they were wrong

Let There Be Rock     AC/DC
    Out of all the AC/DC songs... this one blows

Livin' on a Prayer     Bon Jovi
    Sums up BJ, cheesey Jersey hair glam nonsense, at least Dead or Alive had some emotion, this is just jail bait jersey shore rock outs for douchewads

Master Exploder     Tenacious D
    Jack black was never funny, and his music is so forced and painful it almost made me cry

Night Lies     Bang Camaro
     same, no need to even comment

Peace Sells     Megadeth
    The guy who couldn't hang w/ Metalica

Round and Round     Ratt
    Shackler's Revenge     Guns N' Roses

Ratt... the epitome of cheese LA faux hair metal, and this HORRID G&R song?  ugg

Souls of Black     Testament
    Spirit in the Sky     Norman Greenbaum
    Spoonman     Soundgarden
    Supreme Girl     SternsThe Sterns
    Tangled Up in Blue     Bob Dylan

Dylan??? WTF no one likes dylan, some asshats PRETEND to like him because they think its cool

I love SOundgarden, but this is hands down their worst song

The Middle     Jimmy Eat World
     uhhh wtf

Where'd You Go?a     Mighty Mighty BosstonesThe Mighty Mighty Bosstones

MMBT is the epitome of FAUX SKA trying to cash in on a trend in the 90s.  It's bad enough this song was overplayed on every radio station in american for 5 years, but to have to suffer through it on RB? 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

I didn't read a word of Hexpane's horribly formatted post but while spacebar skipping through it, I saw a lot of songs that just have not turned up in my World Tour or Challenges. Am I playing the game wrong or something?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Hexpane said:
    Dylan??? WTF no one likes dylan, some asshats PRETEND to like him because they think its cool
    You get the fuck outta my thread!
    Also, Spoonman is easily the most overall fun song in the entire game, possibly the series.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Naughton
    HandsomeDead said:
    "I didn't read a word of Hexpane's horribly formatted post but while spacebar skipping through it, I saw a lot of songs that just have not turned up in my World Tour or Challenges. Am I playing the game wrong or something?"
    Some of them are from RB1, and some of them might take a while to unlock through Tour mode.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Coltonio7

...Green Grass and High Tides wasn't that bad.

I could do it on hard...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

Green Grass and High Tides is absolute FTW!!!  That's about endurance and skill, sir.  Putting it on this list leads me to believe you have neither.  And you've never met anyone who knew the song?  Funny, because everyone I meet knows it!!!  Then again, it's a Southern thing.  =  D

Also, "Painkiller", "Panic Attack", and "Welcome Home" were awesome fun songs to play.

Then again, what difficulty do you play on?  I'm rockin' Expert on all those.  On anything less, I can see how these would be little to no fun to play.  =  /

How could you NOT put that horrible song by Lush on here?
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Coltonio7
    jakob187 said:
    "Green Grass and High Tides is absolute FTW!!!  That's about endurance and skill, sir.  Putting it on this list leads me to believe you have neither.  And you've never met anyone who knew the song?  Funny, because everyone I meet knows it!!!  Then again, it's a Southern thing.  =  D
    Also, "Painkiller", "Panic Attack", and "Welcome Home" were awesome fun songs to play.

Then again, what difficulty do you play on?  I'm rockin' Expert on all those.  On anything less, I can see how these would be little to no fun to play.  =  /

How could you NOT put that horrible song by Lush on here?
    "
    WHAAA'!? ARK PUT WELCOME HOME ON THE LIST!?

ARK GROW SOME GOD-DAMN EARS!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187
    Coltonio7 said:
    "WHAAA'!? ARK PUT WELCOME HOME ON THE LIST!?

ARK GROW SOME GOD-DAMN EARS!"
    Well, personally, I would've put "No World For Tomorrow" on the game, but that's not me condemning "Welcome Home" as a song or an inclusion on the game.  I dig only a handful of C&C songs, and those two happen to be at the top of my list.
    Plus, ya know...Matt Pinfield signed them.
    bigpig33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bigpig33

ZombieHunter said:

"i gotta say i dont agree with you on alot of these "

Arkthemaniac said:

"That's what makes it a good list."

u seem to be confused

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hexpane
    Naughton said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "I didn't read a word of Hexpane's horribly formatted post but while spacebar skipping through it, I saw a lot of songs that just have not turned up in my World Tour or Challenges. Am I playing the game wrong or something?"
    Some of them are from RB1, and some of them might take a while to unlock through Tour mode."
    Yes, first half is RB1 then RB2.  True RB fans obviously have both games!
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hexpane
    jakob187 said:
    "Green Grass and High Tides is absolute FTW!!!  That's about endurance and skill, sir.  Putting it on this list leads me to believe you have neither.  And you've never met anyone who knew the song?  Funny, because everyone I meet knows it!!!  Then again, it's a Southern thing.  =  D
     "
    I think there is a big difference w/ types of gamers and RB.  While GGaHT requires endurance and skill, and for many that is "fun" as a huge music fan I also need to like the song.    I get my ass kicked playing Boston songs and Mission of Burma etc.. and love it.  But when I dont like the song, no matter what the layouts are it will never be fun.

Did someone really say they like "Spoonman?" I've never met a soundgarden fan who enjoyed that song.  Every soundgarden fan I know (and I know a ton since I went to college in the 90s) thinks Spoonman was the jump the shark moment for that band.

Little did we realize COrnell would later morph into a huge douchebag w/ annoying religious songs in AUdioslave.
    Burncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Burncan

Some of your list makes sense, but on other parts, you're dead wrong.
    Panic Attack is a great song. They could've picked a better Dream Theater song for RB, but it's still good. Just because it's over your head doesn't mean it sucks. It has solid song structure, and the guitar and drums aren't "wanking" for the whole song. Excuse them for not playing 3 chords in 4/4 time for the entire thing.

For Visions, don't blame metalheads. I'm a metalhead, and I hate that song. Only the clinically insane like it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Burncan said:
    "Panic Attack is a great song. They could've picked a better Dream Theater song for RB, but it's still good. Just because it's over your head doesn't mean it sucks. It has solid song structure, and the guitar and drums aren't "wanking" for the whole song. Excuse them for not playing 3 chords in 4/4 time for the entire thing."
    Do you have to be so pretentious?

Burncan said:
    "I'm a metalhead."
    Answered my own question.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MetalGearSunny

What? Painkiller is the shit. Fact.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Milkman

Well, I wouldn't expect a good list from an idiot who said modern music is dead so I really didn't look into it.

But just a fun fact: The Giant Bomb crew is friends with the lead singer of The Main Drag.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "What? Painkiller is the shit. Fact."
    It's sounds like a band has tried to make the music from Road Rash with real instruments. Oh, yeah, I forgot. That's brutal, or something.
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Captain_Insano

Green Grass and High Tides was in the wrong place in solo drum tour. Just going through medium it was easily the hardest song yet it was only on like the 3rd or 4th tier. That drum bit at the end was nasty and just ripped my arms off

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Systech

I think "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" is pretty good to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dude, Hexpane.  What's wrong with Bang Camaro?  Every Bang Camaro song is hella-fun on Guitar. 

Also, I only play guitar, but Green Grass is money.  The solos, if you can play them well (I average between 93-98% on the two of them, Expert difficulty) are a blast. 

I generally only play the last ten songs of the disc setlist, anyhow, and then the rest of the songs I play are downloaded.  The Who FTW.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.