Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Rock Band 2 Setlist...Yay or Nay?

• 109 results
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By A Likely Story

I'm rather disappointed simply because I haven't heard of half (probably more than half) of the bands and songs, however hopefully I'll come to like some or most of them. Then there's a few bands on there that I hate, such as Linkin Park, but what are you going to do. I'm also hoping that getting some new bands on there, such as System of a Down, means we'll start seeing some DLC from them.

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By richied0

I know practically nothing about music so it doesn't bother me. I literally rely on Rock Band and Guitar Hero to help me find stuff I like. I'll end up liking some of the songs in the game which suits me fine.

Although very disappointed the setlist didn't include any Midnight Brown. Get on it Jeff!

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By A Likely Story

Thinking back, I didn't really care much for music before I got the first Rock Band, and now I am fine with most of the songs. Don't necessarily like them all, but I'm not bothered by them. I've heard this one has a little more metal type music, which I suppose is a good thing for guitar, bass, and drums, but I don't really like singing the metal songs. : |

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Mourne

You really haven't heard most of those? I figured you'd know quite a few 'em, but I guess that's just how it works out sometimes. My guess would be you just don't recognize them from the titles. Check out this Playlist.com playlist where you can play all of the songs in full, via quick-loading streams. Maybe that'll help you out a bit.

Personally, I absolutely -love- the setlist, and I have only not heard a handful of them. There's a great mixture here of literally every rock genre and every decade, so I think everyone will be content in the end.

I have to say that I feel a bit guilty saying I will be playing Eye of the Tiger non-stop with my friends. Absolute perfect choice for the game.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnDudebro

I give it a "meh". I really love some of the stuff on there (Float On, Testify, Lump), but it doesn't have its anthem song. It needs a Free Bird, a One, a Won't Get Fooled Again. The closest it gets is Peace Sells, but that's kind of a stretch.

I'm way more excited for Guitar Hero: World Tour. Purple Haze is definitely an anthem, so it's definitely got at least one. I want to see where the rest of the list goes.

Avatar image for chocolatecoffin
    ChocolateCoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ChocolateCoffin

Dinosaur Jr. = yay! J Mascis basically invented the electric guitar. Unfortunately the song put on is Feel The Pain, which while being good, isn't their best.

Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Justaddwater

Battery and Testament? yes please, loads of other little gems hidden away in there as well. Its definitely the best setlist yet in a rhythm game.

Unless World Tour ends up having Machine Head and Protest the Hero.

TheRizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheRizzle

I'm totally loving the Rock Band 2 setlist. I just took another peek at it and there are less than 10 songs that I don't want to play. Everything else looks like exactly what I wanted from Harmonix.

Since Everlong is on there, I'll be hoping for a whole album download of Colour And The Shape. I've been crossing my fingers for that since they announced album DLC for the first game!

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By faustyn

it's a yay. but sometimes i really can't understand why harmonix are choosing some tracks over the others. for example modest mouse, interpol and a lot more of bands on the setlist have much better songs than those in the game. but whtvr. i'm happy that they're in the game somehow. and i srsly love more than 50% of the setlist so that's good. but why putting in Linkin Park and Panic at the Disco? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

also i'm still waiting for the spirit of the radio by rush harmonix! GIVE IT TO ME! : OOOOO!

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shocker

I really like the set list. And I believe there are gonna be 20 free songs to download.

I'm excited to see GH's set list.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Fosssil

I think it's a great set of songs. There are plenty of big name bands in there, and a good variety of genres. Most importantly, I think, is that most of the songs have great parts for the whole band to play -- there aren't any songs that focus largely on a certain instrument.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Otacon

I'm indifferent about it, but then again my music taste is odd, I like classic rock and Film sound tracks. I've got the Who but I'm still waiting for Genesis, though they frequently use keyboards.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By A Likely Story
    Shocker said:
    "I really like the set list. And I believe there are gonna be 20 free songs to download. "
    Yep, they will release 20 free sons when the game is released. I'm assuming they'll be mostly Harmonix bands and other lesser known artists, but I sure hope they are saving some big guns that have yet to be announced.
    sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sdodd02

yay for sure.

treefity350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By treefity350

I optimistic. Just because there are songs that I don't know, doesn't mean they're not good

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Caddy

I love it. It's got some great tracks on there. I can't wait to get my hands on it, although who knows when that will be since I live in the UK and how long we had to wait for the first one. Hopefully EA learned their lesson with that one and won't keep us waiting for like forever.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By turboman

if your a fan of music, RB2 setlist completely eclipses any other setlist for any other game ever IMO

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By Atlas

I'm really not too fond of the setlist. There's nothing really that I like; don't really hate it, but I'm very indifferent to it.

Bradtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bradtron

YAY!  Needs some grindcore though.  I'll won't be holding my breath for that though.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Subway

Bob Dylan, the Talking Heads, and Against me? I'm happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay for sure, plus DLC from RB2, and all my DLC from RB1, WOOT!

Music is not a problem with RB at all, its all about the features now, which it hot so far.

lux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lux
    Bradtron said:
    "YAY!  Needs some grindcore though.  I'll won't be holding my breath for that though.
    "
    Haha, if only.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By A Likely Story
    Sentry said:
    "Yay for sure, plus DLC from RB2, and all my DLC from RB1, WOOT!

Music is not a problem with RB at all, its all about the features now, which it hot so far.
    "
    True dat. ;)

I'm positive I'll warm up to the set once the game is out.
    RoyalWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RoyalWolf

i think so far its much better than the original RB, Bob Dylan is just icing on the cake.

CodeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CodeHero

I think its a good list. I'm very excited to see Modest Mouse, but I wish they picked a better song. I know float on is their most popular, but there are a lot better songs to play.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By A Likely Story

They might have a reason for not putting the most popular songs from each and every artist on the disc. If they release the best and most popular songs as DLC, then they'll probably get more money off of it, and they know people will probably buy the game disc anyway because it has those big artists on it.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By faustyn
    Caddy said:
    "I love it. It's got some great tracks on there. I can't wait to get my hands on it, although who knows when that will be since I live in the UK and how long we had to wait for the first one. Hopefully EA learned their lesson with that one and won't keep us waiting for like forever.
    "
    my god! i hope they'll release rock band 2 like normal people. not like morons.
    piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By piecat

A definite "yay"

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By whackmypinata

"I think its a good list. I'm very excited to see Modest Mouse, but I wish they picked a better song. I know float on is their most popular, but there are a lot better songs to play."
    Well said CodeHero. I'd much rather see something like Florida on there.

justin_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By justin_w

Thanks for posting the link to playlist.com. I am like lots of the people here where I don't recognize many of the song titles, so this is helpful in considering how interested in the game I am.

Nightkiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nightkiller93

Looks awesome so far can't wait to see what the DLC is.

StillAThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StillAThreat

I was pretty blown away by the set list, and I'm excited to think that it's a taste of things to come.  For example, "Psycho Killer" is an awesome track, but not the best Talking Heads song out there.  I hope it's just a hint of what's to come as far as DLC.

iTsCaRNaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By iTsCaRNaGe

I think the RB2 list is one of the best lists of music to this date out of music games for me, but that's just me. Soo I am a yay for sure.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By grilledcheez

I think it's awesome, they added some of the bands a lot of people (including myself) were asking for...which is always nice.  Looks like they have a bit of everything on there.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By faustyn
    whackmypinata said:
    ""I think its a good list. I'm very excited to see Modest Mouse, but I wish they picked a better song. I know float on is their most popular, but there are a lot better songs to play."
    Well said CodeHero. I'd much rather see something like Florida on there.
    "

i'd love to see something older from Modest Mouse. from the 'The Lonesome Crowded West', 'This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About' or 'Moon & Antarctica'. but float on is still good. and probably will be really fun to play :D
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Lies

Pinball Wizard= Forever yay

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

"Give It Away" alone has me friggin' pumped. But how the hell are they gonna do "Master Exploder" justice? I'm hoping for some kind of optional lyrics censor, so parents can let their kids play "safe," and us adults can curse all we bloody want.

Nobler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Nobler

Ah yes! I was going to mention Modest Mouse but I didn't think many of you could relate; I'm so excited to play Modest Mouse, even if it is Float On. I know this is wishful thinking but I would absolutely love to play anything from The Lonesome Crowded West. Back on topic, I'm excited about Rock Band 2's setlist, it has many good tracks that would be fun to play. Now, we just have to see if Guitar Hero is worth the money to be forked out.

Bmasterlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bmasterlord

Love the set list it is pure awesome

BombzAwai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BombzAwai

Big time fuckin nay!

GHWT will have muse and at the drive in.  Still getting it though.

Skepsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Skepsis

I would have to say overall that it is a good setlist. Besides, we get all of our Rock Band 1 songs and all the DLC so in reality...its a killer setlist.

ImWayGooderest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ImWayGooderest

Has anyone heard Kids In America by The Muffs? I think that's one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Other than that I think Rock Band 2 has one of the greatest music game tracklists of all time.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By raahsnavj

Give them a listen and I bet you know more of the songs than you think you do. I youtubed them all and believe it or not I like and loath a few of the songs. Most are in the middle of my 'enjoyment' scale, but those types of songs from the first RB moved to my like pile the more I played them. I figured the same thing will be had of the RB2 setlist.

Even the beastie boys song, which I hate has begin to grow on me.

I figure with all the songs I like from the first RB, the DLC I have and the fact the disc comes with 84 songs (10 of them brand new I might add) + 20 songs DLC for free at purchase time... RB2 is looking pretty sweet.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chokobo

The reason you play Rock Band over Guitar Hero is for the DLC.  Rock Band now has more than twice as many songs out for RB1 than GH3. 

Regardless, I do love the soundtrack.  Testify and Chop Suey are enough for me to buy this game.

favmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By favmeister

Good variety across the board.  They are definitely taking care of their fans by not trying to milk them for an extra buck.  The only thing I would wish for would be more oldies.  I know it sounds lame, but, whenever I listen to them on the radio, I can jump right in and start singing along without any delay.  Some of my friends are dialed in to singing and playing guitar at the same time.  My jealously makes me want to find a work-around.  Why not just wish for more simple songs that I know to improve my fading rockstar status.  Some of the greatest frontmen in history can sing and play at the same time.  It's my turn to join them!

MidnightVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By MidnightVice

Megadeth? Check
    Rage Against the Machine? Check
    AC/DC? Check
    Smashing Pumpkins? Check
    Old-school Metallica? Check

I'm in.

Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gnorbooth

Anything with Dream Theater in it gets a straight up YAY!  Still curious how they are going to handle some of those double kick parts in Rock Band 2.  Cause the whole just play one pedal kind of quickly is lame for dealing with double kick parts.

AndrewP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AndrewP
    Hobbies said:
    "Then there's a few bands on there that I hate, such as Linkin Park, but what are you going to do. "
    Really? What's wrong with Linkin Park? Oh yeah, I forgot, the Internet hates Linkin Park.
    Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mourne

Cool For Cats.

Need I say more?

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DoctorTran

The fact that it has Talking Heads - Psycho Killer makes me want to buy it just for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.